Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-12

@latts9923 All the work you do on your Mods continues to amaze...thanks!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-10-12

@latts9923 

Hello,
Yes i can see the curtains. In Aeon Mq8, i do not have the problem, everythings work fine.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-12

@wags1
Thanks for the kind words...and you're welcome!

@Skin helper error
Hmm...I just can't reproduce the problem you're describing. I'll keep trying. Do you see fanart for TV Shows and Seasons?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-10-13

I've been running this long enough now. Still not seeing artwork using the Artist slideshow fallback image path @wags1  Are your images named "fanart"? Also, I'm using an NFS path...maybe that has something to do with it? Are you using an Artist information folder for writing downloaded artworks too? Another thought... I wonder if the black screen that latts had mentioned is overlaying on the slideshow somehow?...it shouldn't be active as i have the normal "Artist slideshow" toggle set on the skin visualization.

I just tried moving the folder local and setting the path in Artist slideshow and still i don't get fallback art...not sure what's going on at this point...seems like such a simple thing.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-13

@Shredder_guitar I have to admit it's been a long time since I initially set this up. But, I have all my content stored on my NAS. The fallback images are just stored in a directory called Images/Music and then the individual image files are just named Concert1, 2, etc. I don't think the individual image file names matter. My artist fanart images are stored in the same directory as my music files but they are in a separate directory in Music/1musicinfo/ in individual artist subdirectories to keep all those images separate from my actual music files.
All you should have to do is go into the Artist Slideshow addon config screen and enable “Use Fallback Slideshow” and point the Custom Location to where your images are stored.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-10-13

@latts9923 

Yes, Tv shows and Seasons work fine, only episode view showing black background.
Thank you for your time.
Have a great day

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-10-14

@wags1  yep, i agree. That's the way it should work. lol Thanks for breaking it down. I'll just keep digging over here.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-14

@Shredder_guitar I do seem to remember having an issue at some point with the Artist Slideshow getting access to the images. It was some time ago so I don't remember the exact circumstances but I think when I was having issues I looked in the log and was seeing error messages about issues accessing the image location on my NAS correctly. Assuming you have the Artist Slideshow Settings, Advanced, Platform for Image Storage set to "Windows" I seem to remember that I had to (I'm using a Synology NAS) go to DSM, Control Panel, Shared Folder and select the folder I was using and click on Actions and then convert to Windows ACL. But you probably don't have that issue if you are not seeing error entries in your log when it is going to grab the images.
I think not having sources setup correctly can also cause issues. Not sure, kinda grasping at straws...LOL. Their are unfortunately so many little "gotchas" I never want to touch anything once things are running correctly...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Kupo91 - 2022-10-15

(2022-09-17, 02:19)latts9923 Wrote: @Kupo91
My artwork is displaying on the test Movie I imported when I disconnect the external drive. It does take a few seconds to start displaying.

Now it works for me, too, thanks.

Another question: Where do I find the list of words which I can put in the folder names to get the different media cases again?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-10-15

So I'm having quite a few issues regarding my library artwork. When I'm in the main menu, I have random movies as my widget and it cycles thru the artwork for each one. But as soon as I go into my library and choose ANY view, nothing happens, using either artwork helper fanart or extra fanart options. Just stays on one image, even tho when I go into Information-Choose Art, I can see all my fanart, fanart1, fanart2, etc . Like it just stopped working, even tho I haven't changed anything. So I did a fresh install of 19.4 on an Android box, had a bunch of dependency issues when I installed MQ8, got them sorted, added some movies, and am still having the same problem.  But I can see all my artwork cycle using a different skin.

Also, posters are showing up only in certain views. I can see them in Right List, Kodiflix and Modern views. Any other ones like Poster List or Shelf 3D and it's just blank. But when I go into Dialogue view, they always show up there.

I'm totally confused. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-15

@Kupo91
Good deal...glad it's working for you!

The case that's displayed is mostly determined by the resolution of the video. KodiFlix has a few options for specific text tied to a case. Here's the variable...

xml:

<variable name="KodiFlixGlobalCaseVar">
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,3D) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,3d) | ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3D.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3d.) | ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 3D.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 3d.) | ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3DBD.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3dbd.) | ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 3DBD.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 3dbd.) | ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.HDDVD.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hddvd.)">hddvd.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, HDDVD.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, hddvd.)">hddvd.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.SDTV.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.sdtv.)">sdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, SDTV.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, sdtv.)">sdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.HDTV.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdtv.)">hdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, HDTV.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, hdtv.)">hdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,WEBDL) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,webdl)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,WEBDL-) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,webdl-)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,WEB.DL) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,web.dl)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.WEBDL.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.webdl.)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, WEBDL.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, webdl.)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.WEB-DL.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.web-dl.)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, WEB-DL.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, web-dl.)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.DolbyVision.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.DoVi.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dv.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.DV.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.uhd.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.UHD.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,4K) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 4K.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath, 4k.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.4K.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.4k.) | String.Contains(ListItem.VideoResolution,4k)">4k.png</value>
<value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]">tvseries.png</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]p.png</value>
</variable>

@RCBodyslam
I reproduced the problem with the fanart. I updated the code for the Leia version of MQ 8, but not the Matrix version. I'm working on another update, but it won't be ready for a while. Try updating IncludesParams.xml with this file.

I am so far unable to reproduce the poster problem you reported. All views I've tested so far display the posters just fine. What do you have set for "CASE ART:" in the Top Menu for the Right List view? I've made a lot of changes to that code.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-10-16

@wags1  Thanks for suggesting this, I have the same setting on my Qnap. I checked the box , but it didn't see any differences happening. I do have a lot of errors regarding NFS in my logs and also an occasional traceback error with the skin helper service that seems to be referencing metadata utils, i have been unable to remedy those also, but have been considering them a separate issues to this. On the surface everything looks and functions mostly well.  Perhaps it's time to take this over to the artist slideshow thread and see if i can get some support over there. Thanks for offering up suggestions, i appreciate it

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Jumpy73 - 2022-10-16

Hi @latts9923
(2022-10-12, 02:11)latts9923 Wrote: The Set country info is added to the simplecache database by Skin Helper (I'm pretty sure). After looking up the country info I realized that the country info for Sets was not being displayed in Video Info. That has been fixed and will be part of the next update.
Many thanks
(2022-10-12, 02:11)latts9923 Wrote: The country and plot for Sets cannot currently be edited by the Library Editor script. I can look at adding that option to the script. You can edit the title and plot for a Set with the Metadata Editor add-on.
Adding that option to the script would be appreciated

Always regarding the "country" item, I highlight to you that:
- from the last update (I suppose) the Country flag in Main Menu bar/submenus/MOVIES-COUNTRIES is vertically rotated, probably it should be reoriented horizontally
- I don't know why but the only Country flag I can't see is the United States one (please see here). Some time ago I told you that something strange was in the Unites States flag image file format in the resource.images.moviecountryicons.flags/resources/Textures.xbt file. It appeared to me as the only file with a different aspect ratio.
- currently in Main Menu bar/submenus/MOVIES-COUNTRIES, scrolling the Country list on the right side of the screen, only the flag image changes while the background image still remains the last extrafanart displayed before. Each country has an important place or something representative to be shown, so would it be possible to display a different background image for each Country as per Main Menu bar/submenus/MOVIES-GENRES? In that case I have a different moviegenre icon and fanart for each movie genre.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-10-17

@latts9923  Regarding the issue i was having with using default fallback artwork with artist slideshow, it seems that this is a skin issue. The guys on the artist slideshow thread shows in my debug logs that the fallback artwork is getting loaded as intended, but still I see a black screen when no artist artwork is present, they suggested i switch to the estuary skin for a test; After switching the estuary skin, I was able to see the fallback artwork. For Music, under "Art" I have "Default Artwork" selected and am getting a black screen when no artist artwork is available and a fallback is set. I asked what needs to be changed within the skin for this to work and they have not gotten back to me yet.  Is this something you can alter in the skin to make fallback artwork appear if a fallback path is set in Artist Slideshow?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-17

@Jumpy73
I fixed the problem with the country flag aspecratio.

I see the United States flag. Let me take a look at the US flags again in the add-on and make sure they are all the same image.

I don't think there's a country fanart add-on available. That would take some time to compile fanart images for countries.

@Shredder_guitar
Let me try to reproduce your problem.