Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Nuno - 2009-07-30

clock2113 Wrote:The meta data is only going to be an option right?

I ask, because I have lots of really old 1 CD divx rips from back in the day when divx encoding wasn't very good yet, so I'd like to replace alot of them with 2 CD mkv rips...

If there's no metadata saved, I can just delete the movie, drop in the new one, and my movie.nfo will still apply, right?

Meta data is only a option yes.. will be saved in the nfo when scraped/edited.. but will not change nothing about movie itself...
Worst can hapen is xbmc show DIVX as Movie Flag and the movie itself is h264 Big Grin or something

- zaltman - 2009-07-30

Nuno Wrote:If you are using <movie>.nfo please confirm that you do NOT check the "Use <movie> for folders with multiple movies"

OK, I just checked. I think I confirmed this in another post, but I'll be sure - it's not checked. I checked it and refreshed (F5) a movie and it didn't make any difference. I then rescraped a movie and no difference either.

Then, I found the test build from a few hours ago. I see the splash screen has been fixed! A bit annoyed that I had to enter my paths again - surely that's not needed if you're installing a new build? It set about loading the 800+ movies from the folders and... wahey! It found all the info, thumbs, fanart, the lot! Thanks guys!

(Obviously the buttons are still missing from the movie selection dialog, but you already know about that...)

- zaltman - 2009-07-30

OK, so my next question is...

If the filenames are tagged with dvdrip, bluray, etc, then it will pick them up and display them with the flags along the top. All well and good. Also, XBMC will detect them and display them. However, what if you've renamed your files to remove such tags. Is there a way that they can be added?

If the filename is the only way that both EMM and XBMC will be working, then could the movie file be renamed and still retain the link to the data in EMM?
e.g. a.avi, a.nfo, a.tbn, a-fanart.jpg become a.bluray.avi, a.bluray.nfo, a.bluray.tbn, a.bluray-fanart.jpg and nothing needs to be rescraped?

On the other hand, if the source is to be added into the NFO file, then it would be less destructive and simpler to implement (for EMM, anyway...)

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

zaltman Wrote:OK, so my next question is...

If the filenames are tagged with dvdrip, bluray, etc, then it will pick them up and display them with the flags along the top. All well and good. Also, XBMC will detect them and display them. However, what if you've renamed your files to remove such tags. Is there a way that they can be added?

If the filename is the only way that both EMM and XBMC will be working, then could the movie file be renamed and still retain the link to the data in EMM?
e.g. a.avi, a.nfo, a.tbn, a-fanart.jpg become a.bluray.avi, a.bluray.nfo, a.bluray.tbn, a.bluray-fanart.jpg and nothing needs to be rescraped?

On the other hand, if the source is to be added into the NFO file, then it would be less destructive and simpler to implement (for EMM, anyway...)

Sure we could do that for Ember, but then XBMC won't pick it up. It doesn't read source data from NFO at the moment... it has to be in the file name.

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

zaltman Wrote:I see the splash screen has been fixed!

Aha... that's a bit of a clue... we've done some fixes for Large DPI setting... and that was one of the problems (none of us run large DPI so we didn't know lol). So are all the people missing buttons in IMDB search results running Large DPI? I didn't check that dialog when making fixes.... I'll check it a bit.

- zaltman - 2009-07-30

nul7 Wrote:Sure we could do that for Ember, but then XBMC won't pick it up. It doesn't read source data from NFO at the moment... it has to be in the file name.

Fair enough... at the moment. However, for consistency, I think this should be taken from the filename initially, but stored in the NFO/database. I know that's not a simple change for the XBMC code, but it's my opinion...

nul7 Wrote:Aha... that's a bit of a clue... we've done some fixes for Large DPI setting... and that was one of the problems (none of us run large DPI so we didn't know lol). So are all the people missing buttons in IMDB search results running Large DPI? I didn't check that dialog when making fixes.... I'll check it a bit.

Yes, I have large DPI fonts enabled. That's probably the answer!

- nul7 - 2009-07-31

zaltman Wrote:Yes, I have large DPI fonts enabled. That's probably the answer!

Yeah... that was it. Fixed.... looks a little funky, but at least you can see the buttons. Lots of things just don't look quite right at the larger DPI setting.

- RockDawg - 2009-07-31

Nuno Wrote:That peace of code havent change for a couple of version allready.
Please rescrape meta data a check again

I rescraped the meta data and I get the same. I posted an issue on Ember's site about r790 not even returning any meta data and Nul7 replied to the issue saying that he thought I had malformed IFOs and that he was going to make one small change. So I assumed he had. Not to mention that I do now get some meta data whereas before I wasn't. For me, Ember has never returned correct meta data for any of my DVD rips.

Here is my issue post:

http://www.embermm.com/content/movie-only-dvd-rips-videots-not-able-get-meta-data

EDIT: I should mention that my M2TS files still get proper meta data with the new test version like the last few releases I tried.

- nul7 - 2009-07-31

RockDawg Wrote:I rescraped the meta data and I get the same. I posted an issue on Ember's site about r790 not even returning any meta data and Nul7 replied to the issue saying that he thought I had malformed IFOs and that he was going to make one small change. So I assumed he had. Not to mention that I do now get some meta data whereas before I wasn't. For me, Ember has never returned correct meta data for any of my DVD rips.

Here is my issue post:

http://www.embermm.com/content/movie-only-dvd-rips-videots-not-able-get-meta-data

EDIT: I should mention that my M2TS files still get proper meta data with the new test version like the last few releases I tried.

Check in your nfo file to see the actual data that's getting created. The screen shot you posted looks incomplete... maybe an error in the display or something. Is an error log created?

- RockDawg - 2009-07-31

nul7 Wrote:Check in your nfo file to see the actual data that's getting created. The screen shot you posted looks incomplete... maybe an error in the display or something. Is an error log created?

My nfo file reads the same. Exact same fields and no others. I can't remember where the log is supposed to be, but there's no log anywhere within my Ember folder.

- nul7 - 2009-07-31

RockDawg Wrote:My nfo file reads the same. Exact same fields and no others. I can't remember where the log is supposed to be, but there's no log anywhere within my Ember folder.

Try one of these:

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r907_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r907_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

There is a new option to disable IFO parsing and tweaks to meta data scanning using mediainfo.dll for video_ts folders. Please try with IFO parsing enabled and without and post the results.

- infy - 2009-07-31

Don't know if this is a bug/limitation or if I just did something wrong but...

I tried the rename function and it moved the folders to the root of the "source".
It was only a small scale issue for me so np really. just though I'd mention it...

example folder\r5\alpha.r5\video.avi
after rename:
folder\alpha\video.avi

what I wanted was it to stay in r5 :]

- MrDVD - 2009-07-31

nul7 Wrote:Try one of these:

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r907_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r907_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

There is a new option to disable IFO parsing and tweaks to meta data scanning using mediainfo.dll for video_ts folders. Please try with IFO parsing enabled and without and post the results.

Hallo nul7,

Two Q. to the last 2 Test builds Smile

1. Is it realy needed to have the source paths inside the db ? Lately i have to add all my sources for each new Version.

2. what was wrong with the old Style in 790 to select a Source under Filters ? Before i simply had to select one now i have to open the window, select one and close the window. Wasnt it faster the old way ? (yea i know its for multi select but how many ppl use this ? Most maybe have an incoming folder or so Smile )

- nul7 - 2009-07-31

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo nul7,

Two Q. to the last 2 Test builds Smile

1. Is it realy needed to have the source paths inside the db ? Lately i have to add all my sources for each new Version.

2. what was wrong with the old Style in 790 to select a Source under Filters ? Before i simply had to select one now i have to open the window, select one and close the window. Wasnt it faster the old way ? (yea i know its for multi select but how many ppl use this ? Most maybe have an incoming folder or so Smile )

1> Yes.

2> That's Bence's fault. LOL I was happy to leave it the way it was, but he convinced me to have multi-select. Tongue You don't have to hit "close" though... you can just click somewhere else on the screen and it will close by itself (if where you clicked gains focus that is.... somewhere like the media list is a good spot)

- Nuno - 2009-07-31

infy Wrote:Don't know if this is a bug/limitation or if I just did something wrong but...

I tried the rename function and it moved the folders to the root of the "source".
It was only a small scale issue for me so np really. just though I'd mention it...

example folder\r5\alpha.r5\video.avi
after rename:
folder\alpha\video.avi

what I wanted was it to stay in r5 :]

Fixed in next release.
but please open all issue on Ember site (check my signature)
PS: this one not need to be open .. allready fixed