Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - nickr - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-21, 14:57)anxdpanic Wrote: inputstream.adaptive is a binary add-on and is not updated or installed the same way as python add-ons.

Windows and OSMC versions come with it.
LibreELEC I believe you're able to update it by
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
Others I'm not sure of off hand, if you're specific about os+kodi version others may be able to help as well. 
 Incorrect, there is no apt-get in libreelec or openelec.

But it is in the libreelec addon repository.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - C.O.D. - 2018-01-22

Just a big thanks for this nice Addon...
Best regards

YouTube Plug-in Thread - MB1968 - 2018-01-22

Updated Dutch translation file.

https://ufile.io/a1m6t

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - liebezeit - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-14, 14:08)anxdpanic Wrote: @liebezeit That is not expected behaviour. What happens exactly? Do you lose just your login? or do you lose all your settings/api keys as well? You will be logged out when changing api keys, so always input your keys first then login.
If you can catch this occuring with a debug_log (wiki) it may shed some light on what is going on.
It just happened again. I lost all my settings including my personal API keys and my login. The debug log has this:
WARNING: [plugin.video.youtube] Switching API key set from  to 1

It seems to have happened not long after an upgrade from 5.4.5 to 5.5.0.
Anyone seeing this behavior?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-01-22

Thanks @MB1968, updated.

@liebezeit haven't seen it here, that line does shed a little light on it. There should be another value 'from <old keyset>  to 1'.
For the next version I'll be looking into moving the login tokens and keys to json, so they hopefully aren't lost if the add-on settings are defaulted or lost.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2018-01-22

Hey everyone, in case you havent noticed Google has been been making some changes recently and @anxdpanic has been on the case trying to keep up with fixes, workarounds, or simply information, as well as adding new and normal updates here.

Please don't forget him, at the moment he is the main developer fixing things when they are broken, and driving forward the development of the addon when he has time to add new features.

Show your appreciation here, and be sure to like/thank him by clicking the thumbs up icon on one of HIS posts.

Remember, like all of the Kodi ecosystem, without helpful developers, we don't have any working addons...

THANKS Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - C.O.D. - 2018-01-22

I can't find any thumb icon here on mobile firefox Confused

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ManiacKill - 2018-01-22

hi,

does the temp folder also get deleted or do you have to do it yourself? The mpd file?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - cat2115 - 2018-01-22

(2017-12-21, 23:06)anxdpanic Wrote: Latest releases: 
5.4.6 - Kodi 14+
5.5.0 - Kodi 15+

Maybe I misunderstood of the description, are those latest version only for Kodi 14 and 15?
Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ykhehra1 - 2018-01-22

post deleted as the error is fixed after updating to v5.5.0

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - newb 1 2-2018 - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-22, 18:12)jmh2002 Wrote: Hey everyone, in case you havent noticed Google has been been making some changes recently and @anxdpanic has been on the case trying to keep up with fixes, workarounds, or simply information, as well as adding new and normal updates here.

Please don't forget him, at the moment he is the main developer fixing things when they are broken, and driving forward the development of the addon when he has time to add new features.

Show your appreciation here, and be sure to like/thank him by clicking the thumbs up icon on one of HIS posts.

Remember, like all of the Kodi ecosystem, without helpful developers, we don't have any working addons...

THANKS Smile

anxdpanic I know for sure that everyone appreciates all the hard work you put into this. So from me thanks a lot appreciate it.

What I would like to know is what did Google or I should say he YouTube change? And also regarding their lives stream what did they change their?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-01-22

@ ykhehra1 :
What a confusion....... use TAG code and post a FULL debug log and not a portion of it. In also need to post some add info about what's version of kodi you use and/or version of addons you use.

I have another question about this addons and a possibly feature request:

I have a video whit a duration like one hours.......... i have watched it the first half hours. Now i can resume it from the exact minutes or i can step back to start reproduction from beginning right ?
If i restart from beginning and stop the reproduction at 10 minutes the previous break time it's no override.......... this is override only if i stop the reproduction after the previous time.

My question it's......... how i can remove "break" times ?? How i can "reset" the status for a specific video ? If for a video i can re-start the reproduction from a previous break-time how i can reset this settings ?  Currently i have already try to set it "As Already Watched" but apparently this not the ideal solution..................

Thanks in advance for this feedback/suggestion...........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DarrenHill - 2018-01-22

No, upload a full logging enabled debug log (wiki) to PasteBin.com or somewhere similar.

Do not post logs or log fragments here. The one above has been removed anyway but for the future we don't want the forum database bloated with unreadable log spam.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ykhehra1 - 2018-01-22

sorry I don't have rights to delete comment

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - liebezeit - 2018-01-23

(2018-01-22, 15:07)anxdpanic Wrote: Thanks @MB1968, updated.

@liebezeit haven't seen it here, that line does shed a little light on it. There should be another value 'from <old keyset>  to 1'.
For the next version I'll be looking into moving the login tokens and keys to json, so they hopefully aren't lost if the add-on settings are defaulted or lost.
 Well, using the personal API keys meant I wasn't using a keyset, right? The question is why did it move me to keyset 1 (losing my login in the process) and why did it erase my personal API keys and I believe other settings too? Is this something that happens when you upgrade versions? If moving those important things to a separate file means they don't get lost that would be great! Thanks for your work on this!