Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 12:53)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 10:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added some of the above requests to my issues todo list on github
Great, I saw the issues on GitHub, thanks @jurialmunkey.
Here's another lot of questions/suggestions/requests. I've always been rocking the vertical layout, but i'm really liking the Basic layout.

1. Can the home icon be hidden/off when library location header if off in settings.

2. Whats the white space below for? Date in the future maybe? Feels like there could another menu link there if the space will never be used.

3. In Basic layout, the sub menu bounding box?/selection box is missing. So you cant see what you're selecting. This is on a rpi, same thing happens on a W10 machine, but shows up when u hover with a mouse.

4.  In basic layout, it feels like there's too much white space with just fanart. Would you consider the Featured layout from AZ1?
Basic layout + Have a floating widget with poster and minimalist movie info.

5. Having played with AZ2, the unfocused menu items font is too thin/hard to make out. Suggest making the font less bold than a focused item, but still bold.

1. I need something there as fixed-width has centered text so there isn't something aligned with left margin.
2. 12hr time. The AM/PM adds width. Plus volume control pushes clock over in horizontal multi-widget layout.
3. Fixed on latest. My error.
4. Classic and Featured will be coming.
5. Bumped the font weight up slightly as this seems to be a common concern.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - LeVvE - 2019-05-17

Dunno if I've asked this before but I was wondering if there is a way to fix this?

I'm a firm believer that menus should be using capital letters so I have my "TV Shows" menu item setup like this: https://i.imgur.com/b9x2YaX.jpg
Problem is when I go into the menu it shows like this: https://i.imgur.com/fhwhTCK.jpg

I know AZ1 had it all in capital so it didn't bother me as much. I currently have it disabled under furniture.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - sito1961 - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 12:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 19:07)sito1961 Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 18:18)sito1961 Wrote: Hello Jurialmunkey.

In the "information" screen of a music disc (and in music video clips too), there is no "Play" icon (Only they are: Youtube, Thumb and Refresh).
Is it an error?
I am doing something wrong?

Thank you
Example of image:

Fixed on latest release.  
Hello Jurialmunkey

Thank you for the "play" icon in the music information window and music videos (video clips).
- With music files works fine. Okay
- With the music videos (video clips) DOES NOT WORK:
    1. By pressing the "play" icon, the list of all titles will be opened and nothing will be played.

Can you see what I am saying to you?
Thank you very much for all your work.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - NotYourAverageAl - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 13:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 12:53)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 10:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added some of the above requests to my issues todo list on github
Great, I saw the issues on GitHub, thanks @jurialmunkey.
Here's another lot of questions/suggestions/requests. I've always been rocking the vertical layout, but i'm really liking the Basic layout.

1. Can the home icon be hidden/off when library location header if off in settings.

2. Whats the white space below for? Date in the future maybe? Feels like there could another menu link there if the space will never be used.

3. In Basic layout, the sub menu bounding box?/selection box is missing. So you cant see what you're selecting. This is on a rpi, same thing happens on a W10 machine, but shows up when u hover with a mouse.

4.  In basic layout, it feels like there's too much white space with just fanart. Would you consider the Featured layout from AZ1?
Basic layout + Have a floating widget with poster and minimalist movie info.

5. Having played with AZ2, the unfocused menu items font is too thin/hard to make out. Suggest making the font less bold than a focused item, but still bold. 

1. I need something there as fixed-width has centered text so there isn't something aligned with left margin.
2. 12hr time. The AM/PM adds width. Plus volume control pushes clock over in horizontal multi-widget layout.
3. Fixed on latest. My error.
4. Classic and Featured will be coming.
5. Bumped the font weight up slightly as this seems to be a common concern. 
Thanks. Had a play around makes sense when i do 12hr and volume control on fixed width. I think auto width would work for me then. 

Does auto-width text have a set length, seems to use just over half of the menu bar? I would want it to use as much space as possible to prevent side scrolling.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Orbeatle - 2019-05-17

(2019-02-25, 13:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 12:41)popeye2468 Wrote: I can't thank yi enough for the spotify artist look, it is pretty cool

Another feature, not sure if it already exists or not but in the embuary skin when I go into a TV show in the library then into any season it has a shuffle button, which is the main reason I use the skin lol, is there any chance you can add a shuffle button per season?

The shuffle button is a great idea! Will definitely add it.

Any idea when you will get around adding this feature? I would love to have it available when using Spotify Smile.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Orbeatle - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 15:07)Orbeatle Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 13:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 12:41)popeye2468 Wrote: I can't thank yi enough for the spotify artist look, it is pretty cool

Another feature, not sure if it already exists or not but in the embuary skin when I go into a TV show in the library then into any season it has a shuffle button, which is the main reason I use the skin lol, is there any chance you can add a shuffle button per season?

The shuffle button is a great idea! Will definitely add it.

Any idea when you will get around adding this feature? I would love to have it available when using Spotify Smile.

Never mind, found it already.. sorry!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - User 431881 - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 05:53)RZR1988 Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 23:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Standard showcase view (ie the centered version not the left justified one)? I forgot to add it there! That's why you're not seeing it. No star rating on that one either (left justified version has it though) 
Yeah the centred one, that's my personal favourite. It happens to the best of us Big Grin but thank you! I was pulling my hair out after trying everything to get it to show up! 

Should be fixed now on v0.9.33-a6 
TMDb now displays correctly, but star ratings are still nowhere to be seen. I have not set any user ratings on any files so not sure what the cause might be.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-17

(2019-05-17, 17:14)RZR1988 Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 05:53)RZR1988 Wrote: Yeah the centred one, that's my personal favourite. It happens to the best of us Big Grin but thank you! I was pulling my hair out after trying everything to get it to show up! 

Should be fixed now on v0.9.33-a6 
TMDb now displays correctly, but star ratings are still nowhere to be seen. I have not set any user ratings on any files so not sure what the cause might be.
I still have to add star rating for that view.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - User 431881 - 2019-05-18

(2019-05-17, 23:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 17:14)RZR1988 Wrote:
(2019-05-17, 12:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: Should be fixed now on v0.9.33-a6 
I still have to add star rating for that view. 
Derp no wonder, thank you Jurial. Will wait for the update Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - tjsuominen - 2019-05-18

Hi Jurial!

Any gestimate (beyond the "when it's ready..." Big Grin) how far we are from a) beta b) release?

I plan to update my LE with Kodi 17.6 to latest releases when AZ:2 is released to the wild and available in the repo.

Thx and keep up the brilliant work!

//timo

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - ozboss - 2019-05-18

Thanks @jurialmunkey, love your skin.
One problem though:
- I have widgets set for TV-Shows
- Those widgets pull the Shows from a streaming addon (don't know if relevant, but I have no lokal files to test)
- I have default action for videos set to "Show Information" (Settings/Media/Videos)
- Movie widgets work fine, but when clicking on a TV-Show it starts loading and then trips out, stops and nothing happens (meaning I can't access the show)
- When default action is set so "Play" it works properly and I can click the show and it shows me the seasons (by doing so I don't get any info about the Movie/TV-Show, only with the context menu)

And one question Smile
Is it possible to add an entry for the context menu for widgets, so that I can add items from there to favourites?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-18

(2019-05-18, 12:05)ozboss Wrote: Thanks @jurialmunkey, love your skin.
One problem though:
- I have widgets set for TV-Shows
- Those widgets pull the Shows from a streaming addon (don't know if relevant, but I have no lokal files to test)
- I have default action for videos set to "Show Information" (Settings/Media/Videos)
- Movie widgets work fine, but when clicking on a TV-Show it starts loading and then trips out, stops and nothing happens (meaning I can't access the show)
- When default action is set so "Play" it works properly and I can click the show and it shows me the seasons (by doing so I don't get any info about the Movie/TV-Show, only with the context menu)

And one question Smile
Is it possible to add an entry for the context menu for widgets, so that I can add items from there to favourites?

These aren't skin issues. Skin doesn't control play actions and doesn't control what is shown in context menu.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-18

(2019-05-18, 11:32)tjsuominen Wrote: Hi Jurial!

Any gestimate (beyond the "when it's ready..." Big Grin) how far we are from a) beta b) release?

I plan to update my LE with Kodi 17.6 to latest releases when AZ:2 is released to the wild and available in the repo.

Thx and keep up the brilliant work!

//timo

When it's ready Wink

Really no idea. Will switch to beta when I've got all the current planned features in. Still quite a few things to add yet.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - lunarsoul - 2019-05-18

Hi jurialmunkey, I have been a big fan of using Arctic: Zephyr on Krypton, which was flawless for my needs, for a long time and now I upgraded and started using Arctic: Zephyr 2 on Leia. I know its still on Alpha Phase, but I have 1 major issue with it. On Arctic: Zephyr 2, lots of times, when I play a Video or Video Stream through a Widget. It loads up, but then it keeps reloading and reloading the video and gets stuck in an endless loop. The only way to get out is if you press cancel while the loading window pops up, then it stops looping and streams like normal. Is their a way you can quick hotfix this issue? Thanks alot.

2. I also would like to know if Arctic: Zephyr 2 will also have a 'Kiosk Mode' anytime soon? These two are the most major things I liked in Arctic: Zephyr 1 and would like it to remain in Arctic: Zephyr 2.

3. Have you thought about having the option to Lock Custom Menus? Like say I want to have an Adult Only Custom Menu on the Front Page. I would like the ability to have some lock or password system on it so Kids cant easily access it. Any lock options I have found only lock specific Video Addons or the Settings. But does not lock Custom Menus that I personally made on Arctic: Zephyr 1. Thanks for all your work.

PS. I wonder why I have not seen someone develop a simple, comfortable, Skin that just has horizontal rows of Pictures to navigate? Kind of like the Amazon Fire TV or Netflix Menu. I would dig a Skin like that.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - drinfernoo - 2019-05-18

Deleted.