Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-08

(2020-10-08, 18:30)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-10-07, 00:45)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

First of, my apologies for not uploading any new releases in the past few months.  Work has not left me much time for skinning.

I have just uploaded version 3.2.100 for Leia to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia (Matrix will follow in the next couple of days).
Thanks for this new update. I was just wondering when she would be available.

She settled in last night automatically.
(2020-10-07, 00:45)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Added the Simple List viewtype.  This is, as it name implies, a very simple list view, which only shows names/titles, and no other info.  It does show the watched/unwatched overlay icon, and the number of unwatched episodes for tv shows.  It looks like this:

And, of course, it can be selected from the available view types, including with the new view selector, as shown here:

Here are my first feedback :
When I click on "Viewtype", the list of different views is displayed but there is no background color behind the list so she are not visible.

When I select "Simple List", the view is the same as the "List" view.
(2020-10-07, 00:45)bsoriano Wrote: 3. Match Poster Colors skin option.  This new setting uses functionality from very recent versions of tmdb helper to match the highlight border color in media views and widgets to the poster colors of the current item.  You can get to the new setting by going here:

Since this is using functionality from tmdb helper, you will not see this setting if you do not have the addon installed and configured.  The end result looks like this (the border color for the Van Helsing item is not the regular highlight color, but a resulting color to matching the movie's poster colors):

New term are to be translated into French :
- Match Poster Colors : Correspondance avec les couleurs de l'affiche

In the parameters of autoscroll feature, elements must be translated into French :
- Automatic scroll time : Intervalle de temps de défilement automatique

Here is the title to translate :
- Automatic scroll time (seconds) : Intervalle de temps de défilement automatique (en secondes)

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the feedback.  The issue and the missing translations will be fixed in the next update, which should be later today.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-08

Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.101 to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.  This version fixes the issue of no background when changing viewtype.  It should look like this:

And if you choose Simple List, the view should change thus:

Also, some missing French translations were added (thanks @Cyberdom !).

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any further issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-10-09

(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: Please download, test, and let me know if you find any further issues.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

There is still a small issue which I previously mentioned. If I hover over any of the banners, the unwatched episode numbers disappear, as well as when I hover over fully watched TV shows, the checkmark also disappears.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-10-09

(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.101 to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.  This version fixes the issue of no background when changing viewtype.  It should look like this:

Thank you @bsoriano for the speed of the update.

The background is back and all remaining English terms are now in French.

(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: And if you choose Simple List, the view should change thus:

On the other hand, the "Simple List" view does not appear as in your screenshot. When I select it, the same view as "List" is displayed.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-09

(2020-10-09, 00:43)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: Please download, test, and let me know if you find any further issues.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

There is still a small issue which I previously mentioned. If I hover over any of the banners, the unwatched episode numbers disappear, as well as when I hover over fully watched TV shows, the checkmark also disappears.

Shedrock
@shedrock , I am not sure what is going on there.  Is this in your Windows or LibreELEC setup? Could you please post a small video showing the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-10-09, 17:40)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Thank you @bsoriano for the speed of the update.

The background is back and all remaining English terms are now in French.

(2020-10-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: And if you choose Simple List, the view should change thus:

On the other hand, the "Simple List" view does not appear as in your screenshot. When I select it, the same view as "List" is displayed.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the feedback.  I have not been able to replicate this issue.  See below, I even tested with French as the interface language and the result was correct.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Cyberdom , I found the issue.  I will fix it shortly.

Hello all,

My apologies for another new version so soon.  I have uploaded version 3.2.102 to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.

This version hopefully fixes the issue of not being able to change the view to the new view type, Simple List.  Please download, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-10-09

(2020-10-09, 20:48)bsoriano Wrote: Is this in your Windows or LibreELEC setup? Could you please post a small video showing the issue?

This is happening on LibreELEC. I tested it on Windows and it works well. I will post a video as soon as I get in from work.

Thanks,

Shedrock

(2020-10-09, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

My apologies for another new version so soon.  I have uploaded version 3.2.102 to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.

This version hopefully fixes the issue of not being able to change the view to the new view type, Simple List.  Please download, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I just updated but the "List" and "Simple List" views are still the same.

(2020-10-09, 21:41)Cyberdom Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
@Cyberdom , would you be willing to update from GitHub? I just pushed another fix to GitHub, but I do not want to commit it to the repo until I know that I really fixed the issue.  If you are comfortable with updating from GitHub, could you please download the skin from GitHub (Leia branch) and replace your skin files? And, of course, please let me know if this fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-10-09, 21:27)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 20:48)bsoriano Wrote: Is this in your Windows or LibreELEC setup? Could you please post a small video showing the issue?

This is happening on LibreELEC. I tested it on Windows and it works well. I will post a video as soon as I get in from work.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you.  Could you please also let me know if, in your Windows setup, you are able to correctly switch to the Simple List view? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-10-09, 22:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 21:41)Cyberdom Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
@Cyberdom , would you be willing to update from GitHub? I just pushed another fix to GitHub, but I do not want to commit it to the repo until I know that I really fixed the issue.  If you are comfortable with updating from GitHub, could you please download the skin from GitHub (Leia branch) and replace your skin files? And, of course, please let me know if this fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, sorry, I prefer to continue updates from the Amber repository.
It would be nice if someone, more comfortable with updates from GitHub, could test this feature Wink .

Thanks in advance.

(2020-10-09, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 22:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 21:41)Cyberdom Wrote: I just updated but the "List" and "Simple List" views are still the same.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, sorry, I prefer to continue updates from the Amber repository.
It would be nice if someone, more comfortable with updates from GitHub, could test this feature Wink .

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , that's quite all right.

I think I finally got what the problem is.  If you are running Kodi 18.7 or Kodi 18.8, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  The one in the Kodi repo is not updated.  Please install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip), and update the addon from there.  The latest version of script.skinvariables is 0.2.4.  

Once you have updated to that version, please restart Kodi.  Now the change to simple list view type should work.  I just tested in LibreELEC and it works.  It was not working in LibreELEC either before I updated to the latest version of 0.2.4.  Please let me know if this does fix the issue once and for all.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-10-10

I got problem with actors and directors thumbnails. On main screen if I open sidepanel on movies or tv shows and choose browse, and from there actors or directors, kodi ain't showing any thumbs. On media settings have set to download actor thumbs when adding media to library. If I for example open context menu on some actor and choose 'set actor thumb', it shows current art and remote art. If I choose one of those options, it ain't showing on actors screen. Been trying to figure out where's the problem without success :/

Using kodi 18.8 on shield tv

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-10-10

(2020-10-10, 13:59)G0mez Wrote: I got problem with actors and directors thumbnails. On main screen if I open sidepanel on movies or tv shows and choose browse, and from there actors or directors, kodi ain't showing any thumbs. On media settings have set to download actor thumbs when adding media to library. If I for example open context menu on some actor and choose 'set actor thumb', it shows current art and remote art. If I choose one of those options, it ain't showing on actors screen. Been trying to figure out where's the problem without success :/

Using kodi 18.8 on shield tv
@G0mez, thanks for the feedback. I will do some testing to see if I can replicate the issue and see if there is anything I need to change in the skin. Does this work properly if you switch to Estuary? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart