Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - extremeaudio - 2017-02-15

(2017-02-14, 18:26)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 10:22)extremeaudio Wrote: Just curious, why doesnt the plugin auto update to 5.3.9 rather than having to manually do it? And when installing 5.3.9 do I download the .master version of the addon or the one which says 5.3.9 from the list?

I am sorry i just do not understand the question?

Thanks
Jeff

I meant to ask why my youtube addon was stuck on 5.3.8 and did not automatically update to 5.3.9? Why I have to do it using the zip file?

Also when I go to your github page, which zip should i use to upgrade? plugin.video.youtube-5.3.9.zip or plugin.video.youtube-master.zip?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Exten - 2017-02-16

Assuming I understand correctly, I need to ask about the "search in youtube" function in Krypton. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but according to this threads first couple of posts and google cloud for anyone to use the "search on youtube" function (search button) without getting a "disk quota" issue, it's required to become a google cloud member, and create an private api? And this is because the one in kodi is a shared api? Is the Kodi Krypton "search on youtube" function the same as this add-on?

I'm not a developer of google products. I also can't afford to pay a developer access fee to google cloud for the use of the free search in kodi on youtube. This all seems a bit to much for kodi users to be able to use search on youtube freely.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-15, 16:51)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 18:26)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 10:22)extremeaudio Wrote: Just curious, why doesnt the plugin auto update to 5.3.9 rather than having to manually do it? And when installing 5.3.9 do I download the .master version of the addon or the one which says 5.3.9 from the list?

I am sorry i just do not understand the question?

Thanks
Jeff

I meant to ask why my youtube addon was stuck on 5.3.8 and did not automatically update to 5.3.9? Why I have to do it using the zip file?

Also when I go to your github page, which zip should i use to upgrade? plugin.video.youtube-5.3.9.zip or plugin.video.youtube-master.zip?

because 5.3.8 and 5.3.9 are the same version, and i did not put 5.3.9 on kodi's repository.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - luciferus - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 07:10)Exten Wrote: Assuming I understand correctly, I need to ask about the "search in youtube" function in Krypton. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but according to this threads first couple of posts and google cloud for anyone to use the "search on youtube" function (search button) without getting a "disk quota" issue, it's required to become a google cloud member, and create an private api? And this is because the one in kodi is a shared api? Is the Kodi Krypton "search on youtube" function the same as this add-on?

I'm not a developer of google products. I also can't afford to pay a developer access fee to google cloud for the use of the free search in kodi on youtube. This all seems a bit to much for kodi users to be able to use search on youtube freely.
it's free to create your own api keys and very simple to do

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-02-16

Yes, @Exten, see my YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS in Post #2 on Page 1 here.

It takes less than 10 minutes to set everything up and it is totally free.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FreakMurderer - 2017-02-16

Why this addon doesn't show shared to my account playlist (not created by me)?
Any alternatives?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-15, 07:31)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 03:46)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have need some suggestion... i have read this:
Quote:If this leads to problems in your environment, you can override / adjust this value using Min. bandwidth in the inputstream.adaptive settings dialog. Setting Min. bandwidth e.g. to 10.000.000, the media selection will never be done with a bandwidth value below this value.

If someone can suggest to me how i can calculate the best setting for my ADSL ? On max i have set 20.000.000 and i thinks there's a good value because on various speedtest i obtain ever value range to 16/18MBits/s but for min ?? How i need to best ? Or how it's the best setting ? Zero ? 1.000.000 ? 5.000.000 ?
How i can exactly set this value ?

I have set to "zero" right now but most frequently i have so many buffering problems (i have set max resolution to 720p... it's the resolution i have ever use previously on Jarvis whitout dash support and i never obtain problems whit buffering) and i understood because.......... I need to configure this value correctly ?

Another question it's.......... if i set this to 720p it's useless/not suggested to use DASH and you thinks it's best result whit this disabled ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion...

Honestly this is probably a better question for the inputstream guys. I also think there might be some documentation, if you go to the first post it should have the link.

Thanks
Jeff
Thanks.... it's somethings better than nothings.
Try to found if exist a forum a blog or somethigs i can ask.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-02-17

I've added a Latest Code Pre-Release.

This would have to be installed manually. This is stuff that is submitted but was not pushed into a released version.

Infact i have not changed the version number because it's just changes that were submitted. Anytime i get a PR that has been Merged, i will update this link.

Latest Code Link

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Abolfazl - 2017-02-17

I am having an issue when I try to play a YT video that requires a login because it is deemed 18+. Anyone else have this issue? The video in question is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiONWfSL48

When I go to play the item I get an error of:

Quote:18:24:57.612 T:1283453936 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.9) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.9
18:24:58.627 T:1958630320 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=ktiONWfSL48]

I have already logged into my YT account via the 2x youtube.com/activate prompt.

Someone else is having an issue where they get Video stream not found. I have a feeling youtube may have changed around the play part which doesn't allow us to access it. Unfortunately i'm not sure how to fix it to be honest.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FreakMurderer - 2017-02-17

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2527849#pid2527849

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Exten - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-16, 13:34)luciferus Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 07:10)Exten Wrote: Assuming I understand correctly, I need to ask about the "search in youtube" function in Krypton. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but according to this threads first couple of posts and google cloud for anyone to use the "search on youtube" function (search button) without getting a "disk quota" issue, it's required to become a google cloud member, and create an private api? And this is because the one in kodi is a shared api? Is the Kodi Krypton "search on youtube" function the same as this add-on?

(2017-02-16, 13:58)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, @Exten, see my YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS in Post #2 on Page 1 here.

I'm asking because that's what google says. it's only free for 60 days.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-17, 08:37)Exten Wrote: I'm asking because that's what google says. it's only free for 60 days.

This is for the entire 'Cloud Platform'. You dont need this.

As already suggested to you several times, please simply follow my YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS in Post #2 on Page 1 here.

I use Personal API Keys myself and I can assure you that they do not expire after 2 months.

(2017-02-17, 08:37)Exten Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 13:34)luciferus Wrote:

(2017-02-16, 13:58)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, @Exten, see my YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS in Post #2 on Page 1 here.

I'm asking because that's what google says. it's only free for 60 days.

I haven't paid for it.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blamblip - 2017-02-17

I'm looking for some advice on how to restore duration being displayed in any of the plugin's views. I use the Amber skin with Krypton. This worked normally with Gotham. Thanks.