Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - P_Jamula - 2014-05-12

Hi All:
I was using NOX 4 with Frodo on Win 7 Ultimate until Gotham came out. With a fresh install of Gotham the New NOX 5 looks very plain jane with hardly any customizations and options.
I would like to use NOX 4.1.9 for Gotham but am a total newbie viv-a-vis installations.
tried to install from zip file but XBMC says prerequisites not met.
Can someone please tell me in as much details as possible what items are required, where do I get them and, then finally how do I get NOX4.1.9 working working as it should be.
Would really appreciate all the help I can get for this.
Thanks a lot in advance...

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Kenny06 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 11:21)P_Jamula Wrote: Hi All:
I was using NOX 4 with Frodo on Win 7 Ultimate until Gotham came out. With a fresh install of Gotham the New NOX 5 looks very plain jane with hardly any customizations and options.
I would like to use NOX 4.1.9 for Gotham but am a total newbie viv-a-vis installations.
tried to install from zip file but XBMC says prerequisites not met.
Can someone please tell me in as much details as possible what items are required, where do I get them and, then finally how do I get NOX4.1.9 working working as it should be.
Would really appreciate all the help I can get for this.
Thanks a lot in advance...

Hello,

You can install it manually =>message of MrsAngelD
"You need to unzip it and do a manual install

On my windows 7 64bit I copied the unzipped folder to C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roming\XBMC\Addons"

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - GrantXP - 2014-05-12

Thanks Warner, yes I just downloaded and extracted it and it shows a seperate skin in the settings. Which is fine I can flip between the 2 while I make sweaks.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Punk_Boy - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 03:03)inv3ntor Wrote: 4.1.9.9 still wont install, so tried 4.1.9.8 and its working great.I got the coloured media flags mods installed along with it as well now.

Pretty happy with this thanks guys!

One tiny thing though, when you bring up the info screen (i) for a movie or episode at the bottom of the info it used to show the file path, is there anyway to have this option back? Its really helpful at time to manage things if you know where on your HDD to find the file your looking at.

Thanks! Installing 4.1.9.8 worked! Now i have the "real" AEON! I cant understand why the creator chose to start all new. This one is waaaaaay better! If only it was on some repository. I just wonder why didnt 4.1.9.9 worked when i tryed to install it via .zip file.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - wgstarks - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-11, 03:49)LEDFan Wrote: I agree 100%, This complicates life of users like us for nothing. With all these versions floating around, it's hard for us but it's also difficult for the modder to keep following with many questions which are most of the times for different versions. This is non-sense not having this great skin in the XBMC repository. This would make life easier for everybody.

Surely once this skin reaches Final Release version it will be included in the official repo?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - gorx76 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 13:45)Punk_Boy Wrote: [quote='inv3ntor' pid='1707052' dateline='1399856634']
... Now i have the "real" AEON! I cant understand why the creator chose to start all new. This one is waaaaaay better! If only it was on some repository. I just wonder why didnt 4.1.9.9 worked when i tryed to install it via .zip file.

Agree. Switched to gotham for 3 hours yesterday, then I went back to frodo as aeon nox 4 was not supported in gotham. The 5.0 just looks like any other skin. I guess it has been reworked because many people use weak PCs (raspberry, nucs, android pcs).

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - wgstarks - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 18:48)gorx76 Wrote: Switched to gotham for 3 hours yesterday, then I went back to frodo as aeon nox 4 was not supported in gotham.
Of course it is. This skin is still WIP, but it works fine for many people.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Vaikin - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 13:45)Punk_Boy Wrote: Now i have the "real" AEON! I cant understand why the creator chose to start all new. This one is waaaaaay better!
It's his skin and he can do as he wishes. Not everyone shares your opinion.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Warner306 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 16:39)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 03:49)LEDFan Wrote: I agree 100%, This complicates life of users like us for nothing. With all these versions floating around, it's hard for us but it's also difficult for the modder to keep following with many questions which are most of the times for different versions. This is non-sense not having this great skin in the XBMC repository. This would make life easier for everybody.

Surely once this skin reaches Final Release version it will be included in the official repo?

It has been stated that this skin will not be in the official repo. The creator, warlion, has expressed interest in creating his own repo, though, but he does not have the expertise to do so. If someone could create a repository for this version, everyone could share the updates as they are added to the repo.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Punk_Boy - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 19:22)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 13:45)Punk_Boy Wrote: Now i have the "real" AEON! I cant understand why the creator chose to start all new. This one is waaaaaay better!
It's his skin and he can do as he wishes. Not everyone shares your opinion.

Of course i´m speaking for myself, and for me this one is waaaaaaay better! Big Grin

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - patseguin - 2014-05-12

I agree with others that this skin should be in the official repo. Nox 5 is just plain. This would need a name to differentiate it I would think. Maybe Aeon Nox Plus would worth using.

Re: RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Martijn - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 23:24)patseguin Wrote: I agree with others that this skin should be in the official repo. Nox 5 is just plain. This would need a name to differentiate it I would think. Maybe Aeon Nox Plus would worth using.

It will not be allowed and have some respect to the Nox5 author.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - patseguin - 2014-05-12

I don't even know who the actual Nox author is. I do use 5 on my bedroom Ion machine because it's light and still good looking, just not overly customizable. I do under stab though why this can't be used in the repo.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Vaikin - 2014-05-12

The very first post in this thread as well as the first post in the Nox 5.0 thread as well as the Author line when you downloaded either version of Aeon Nox...

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Warner306 - 2014-05-13

The fight over the skin being in the repo could be eliminated if someone could create a repo for warlion to post to. It simply would not be in the "official repo" but in a repo, nonetheless, which would auto-update.