Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - SmithersJ0nes - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 15:36)Iceman360 Wrote: And are you maybe planning a similar home widget system like you previous skin Arctic where you see the posters in a row when highlighting either movies , tv show or music etc...?

He's already answered that question earlier in the thread:

"Yep, a home screen view that shows multiple posters is planned".

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - matze276 - 2015-02-12

Hi jurialmunkey,

thanks a lot for all your great work developing those skins! Smile
currently i'm using your skin eminence which is really good but i'm about to change to this new skin as soon as it's done.. Wink

there's one feature i like from eminence - that's the ability to see the path to the movie/series in the information dialog.
i need this to find out where the files are located. better would be to just show the label/name of the hdd but kodi doesn't save that information in the database.. right?

greetz & happy coding Wink
matze276

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-02-12

@JM, love the weather widget and the addition of the fanart!

wondering if there something we can do with all that extra space.
maybe add some other useful information:
-- feels like temperature
-- sunrise / sunset
-- Huh

or, just make the box smaller... Huh

All in all, big-ups for the progress!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - FREAKJAM - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 17:17)Iceman360 Wrote: I saw that but it doesn't disable the fanart on home screen, only in views.

My bad. I wasn't sure, plus I wasn't able to verify since I was at work.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DerGary1991 - 2015-02-12

Hi jurialmunkey,

i really like that new skin of yours. I also used arctic mk2 and eminence for a long time.

But there are some things that are bugging me with this skin at the moment.

1. On the Symbols View on the right side of the big cover I have a 1 Pixel line that has an odd color. Here is a Screenshot. It also changes color depending on the Cover that is shown.

2. I'm using the Dark Color Version of the skin, but the Context Menu and the Dialogs like Movie Details have all a White Background which is too bright. It would be nice if you could change that to something more grey based like the Settings. I also tried to adjust the Background Color of the Dialogs with the Colors XML but it uses the Foreground Color of the Text for the Background Color of the Dialogs, so its not possible for me in that way.

3. I think it would be nice that when the osd with the buttons at the top is displayed the osd with the current positition at the bottom is also displayed and it woul be nice to see more Details at the OSD of a playing video (Title, Codecs, Rating, Cover etc)

4. I know its maybe a bit much to ask but would it be possible to define a own color for the context menu on the home screen? or maybe it would be possible to use the same color as the other context menus? Because i am trying to do a Transparent Color Theme and i dont want the context menu to be as transparent as the background is.

Appart from that the skin is really awesome Big Grin

Greetz
Gary

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - deletedpenguin - 2015-02-12

jurial, a few observations. I'm using the white version of the skin, with WMC as my PVR backend (not sure if that matters), but the next recording box comes up as black/grey (as does the weather widget). Is it possible to change these to white to match the other widgets on the screen?

RE: the weather widget, it's pretty big. I think it'd look good as a small icon down by the date/time. Or possibly on the home screen info bar that can be enabled across the top. Thoughts?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-12, 13:12)FREAKJAM Wrote: Can you add "Library mode" to the context menu in the music section?
Is it possible to enable low list mode for the "media info" view?

Like I have said before, I really enjoy this skin. I switched back from Plex Home Theater to Kodi and I check your github on a daily base.
Just like last year, I have made you a small donation. Thanks for the great work.
Thanks for the donation. Glad to have you back Big Grin
I hadn't finished up the nav menu options for music. They are done in the latest git.
I'm assuming you mean a low list for the "Extra Info" view? I cant see how a low list for media info (or the additional info version) would work. Any way, low list added for Extra Info viewtype (not the media info extra info - boy that's going to get confusing - need to give them different names I think!)

(2015-02-12, 15:36)Iceman360 Wrote: Is it possible to NOT show the fanart for movies and tv shows on the home screen when widgets are on ?
What would it show instead?

(2015-02-12, 17:20)matze276 Wrote: thanks a lot for all your great work developing those skins! Smile
currently i'm using your skin eminence which is really good but i'm about to change to this new skin as soon as it's done.. Wink

there's one feature i like from eminence - that's the ability to see the path to the movie/series in the information dialog.
i need this to find out where the files are located. better would be to just show the label/name of the hdd but kodi doesn't save that information in the database.. right?
Added path to video info dialog. The skin works for daily use. Its just adding extras at this point. You can see what is left to do on front page.

(2015-02-12, 18:34)locomot1f Wrote: @JM, love the weather widget and the addition of the fanart!

wondering if there something we can do with all that extra space.
maybe add some other useful information:
-- feels like temperature
-- sunrise / sunset
-- Huh
or, just make the box smaller... Huh
I was thinking exactly along the same lines. Unfortunately there isn't much weather info usable from the home screen (current temp, conditions, location, fanart code and plugin name are the only ones available). I originally made it big because the icons looked bad scaled down. But I've added resized versions of the weather icons to accomodate a smaller weather widget. In latest git.

(2015-02-12, 21:23)DerGary1991 Wrote: 1. On the Symbols View on the right side of the big cover I have a 1 Pixel line that has an odd color. Here is a Screenshot. It also changes color depending on the Cover that is shown.

2. I'm using the Dark Color Version of the skin, but the Context Menu and the Dialogs like Movie Details have all a White Background which is too bright. It would be nice if you could change that to something more grey based like the Settings. I also tried to adjust the Background Color of the Dialogs with the Colors XML but it uses the Foreground Color of the Text for the Background Color of the Dialogs, so its not possible for me in that way.

3. I think it would be nice that when the osd with the buttons at the top is displayed the osd with the current positition at the bottom is also displayed and it woul be nice to see more Details at the OSD of a playing video (Title, Codecs, Rating, Cover etc)

4. I know its maybe a bit much to ask but would it be possible to define a own color for the context menu on the home screen? or maybe it would be possible to use the same color as the other context menus? Because i am trying to do a Transparent Color Theme and i dont want the context menu to be as transparent as the background is.
1. Not sure what's going on there. Doesn't happen for me. What resolution are you using - skin is designed for 1920x1080.
2. Yeah I thought about having an option to use dark dialogs. However, something like that is a long way off as I want to get other elements completed first.
3. You can access additional info by pressing "i" on the keyboard (info on a remote) whilst video is playing. You can also press up/down from the osd controls to access the additional info.
4. The colour scheme options are a little more rigid than Eminence. I'm not really looking to provide the same degree of customisation as I did with Eminence on that front. Stuff like that will have to be done as mods.

(2015-02-12, 22:35)deletedpenguin Wrote: jurial, a few observations. I'm using the white version of the skin, with WMC as my PVR backend (not sure if that matters), but the next recording box comes up as black/grey (as does the weather widget). Is it possible to change these to white to match the other widgets on the screen?

RE: the weather widget, it's pretty big. I think it'd look good as a small icon down by the date/time. Or possibly on the home screen info bar that can be enabled across the top. Thoughts?
The stuff in the top right corner (notifications, volume, weather, extendedprogressbar) are all dark in order to match how they are in fullscreen video. I initially tried to switch between light and dark depending on whether a video is playing, but it looked weird. Also the weather icons look really bad on a light background - hence why the weather screen is hardcoded with dark panels also.

I've changed the weather widget to be smaller. I don't really want to add any more furniture stuff (things around the edges like header, clock, flags etc.) because I think there is a good balance currently and I don't want it to get too cluttered up.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - deletedpenguin - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-13, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 22:35)deletedpenguin Wrote: jurial, a few observations. I'm using the white version of the skin, with WMC as my PVR backend (not sure if that matters), but the next recording box comes up as black/grey (as does the weather widget). Is it possible to change these to white to match the other widgets on the screen?

The stuff in the top right corner (notifications, volume, weather, extendedprogressbar) are all dark in order to match how they are in fullscreen video. I initially tried to switch between light and dark depending on whether a video is playing, but it looked weird. Also the weather icons look really bad on a light background - hence why the weather screen is hardcoded with dark panels also.

I've changed the weather widget to be smaller. I don't really want to add any more furniture stuff (things around the edges like header, clock, flags etc.) because I think there is a good balance currently and I don't want it to get too cluttered up.

Ah gotcha, makes sense if it's matching the OSD. Thanks.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jbaconbits - 2015-02-13

Really digging this skin so far.

Just wondering, do you have a tasting repo we can just add to kodi so we can just pull updates when ever you publish them, or do we need to download from github each time and install manually?

(2015-02-13, 02:51)jbaconbits Wrote: Really digging this skin so far.
Just wondering, do you have a tasting repo we can just add to kodi so we can just pull updates when ever you publish them, or do we need to download from github each time and install manually?
Github only.

As development is so fast at the moment, a repo would just slow things down as I would constantly have to push updates to it. Plus then there would be versioning issues with bug reports. I am hoping to be official repo ready by the end of the month.

Further, if you clone the github repo then you can get updates by doing a git pull which makes things really easy.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mark2112 - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-12, 15:36)Iceman360 Wrote: Is it possible to NOT show the fanart for movies and tv shows on the home screen when widgets are on ?

I think he means to show the widget box but keep the default slideshow going in the background. I think??Tongue

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - deletedpenguin - 2015-02-13

Hi jurial, the new weather widget looks better, but I noticed there is no weather icon showing up in an area that appears to be reserved for it. Is this by design?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - locomot1f - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-13, 04:19)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi jurial, the new weather widget looks better, but I noticed there is no weather icon showing up in an area that appears to be reserved for it. Is this by design?

i was just posting the same thing.
did we mis-read your post about re-sizing the icons?

(2015-02-13, 04:31)locomot1f Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 04:19)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi jurial, the new weather widget looks better, but I noticed there is no weather icon showing up in an area that appears to be reserved for it. Is this by design?

i was just posting the same thing.
did we mis-read your post about re-sizing the icons?

Oops! Forgot to commit the actual icons! Derp. Fixed now.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - codenamedelta - 2015-02-13

(2015-02-13, 04:15)mark2112 Wrote:

I think he means to show the widget box but keep the default slideshow going in the background. I think??Tongue

I believe you are correct and I also wouldn't mind having this option. Additionally TvTunes support would be great. I manually added the support, but jurialmunkey is updating git at such speed it didn't last long Big Grin

Love this skin, keep up the great work!