Kodi Community Forum
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=25099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Can anyone confirm HDHOMERUN is working on the Mac XBMC? - rukiddin - 2008-10-25

Either the Mac XBMC or Apple TV's XBMC. If someone can confirm it's working on the Mac, I'll set up all the STRM files.

Thanks

Mike

- chiribomb - 2008-10-30

rukiddin Wrote:Either the Mac XBMC or Apple TV's XBMC. If someone can confirm it's working on the Mac, I'll set up all the STRM files.

Thanks

Mike

check this thread if it applies
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=731457&page=50

- bconnolly - 2008-11-12

I have an OTA HD antenna plugged into tuner0 of my HDHR and I also have a hardwired cable line plugged into tuner1.

I don't know what sort of cable feed it is because we just get cable from our landlord for free. The cable package has HD because I can tune into them just fine over VLC.

Problem is that when I try to tune into tuner1 (the hardwired connection) in XBMC (Windows Vista) it doesn't connect.

For instance, here is the contents of an .strm file that works from the OTA connection:

Code:
hdhomerun://1014BD96/tuner0?channel=8vsb:48&program=3

And here is the same channel's strm file using tuner1:

Code:
hdhomerun://1014BD96/tuner1?channel=qam:85&program=2

The second one will not tune into the station at all. Any ideas?

For reference I live in Seattle.

- bconnolly - 2008-11-13

How are you guys integrating HDHR strm files with XBMC when you're using the library? I've tried making my OTA channels mimic a television show (making an nfo file and formatting it like a tv show but with the station info).

For instance, here is one for FOX:

Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>KCPQ-FOX</title>
    <season></season>
    <episode></episode>
    <plot>Local FOX affiliate KCPQ</plot>
    <thumb></thumb>
    <watched></watched>
    <credits>Rupert Murdoch</credits>
    <director></director>
    <aired></aired>
    <actor>
        <name></name>
    </actor>
</episodedetails>

I still can't get the strm files to show up in the library. Does the library not identify strm files at all?

- sd-jafa - 2008-12-27

Hi guys,

We have added a feature to HDHomeRun Setup to auto-generate the STRM files needed by XBMC:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Nick

- waldo22 - 2008-12-28

Wow, thanks.

Love the HDHomerun.

Wes

pointer to Mac OS problem/solution thread - jeffreybreen - 2009-01-05

rukiddin Wrote:Either the Mac XBMC or Apple TV's XBMC. If someone can confirm it's working on the Mac, I'll set up all the STRM files.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike:

Here's the thread I found about Mac support -- the hdhomerun library appears to be missing in the binary distribution and the latest version from Silicon Dust needed some simple hacking.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=264819

I am hoping to straighten out with Silicon Dust first.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6194

Thanks,
Jeffrey

hdhomerun working with xbmc on the xbox? - deadtrout - 2009-01-09

I apologize if this has been answered. I didn't see a clear answer yet in this thread.

Can an Xbox running XBMC view all the content from a HDHomerun or is it only QAM 720i content? I am thinking of buying an HDHomeRun but I suspect a large portion of the video streams will never be viewable on my Xbox.

Thanks,
-Terry

- waldo22 - 2009-01-11

deadtrout Wrote:I apologize if this has been answered. I didn't see a clear answer yet in this thread.

Can an Xbox running XBMC view all the content from a HDHomerun or is it only QAM 720i content? I am thinking of buying an HDHomeRun but I suspect a large portion of the video streams will never be viewable on my Xbox.

Thanks,
-Terry

My xbox can "view" it all, even 1080i, but only SD material is really watchable due to the processor speed.

The SD stuff works great, the 1080i skips. I don't get any 720p to test with, since I only use the ATSC OTA tuner part, and don't have any QAM sources.

-Wes

- deadtrout - 2009-01-11

waldo22 Wrote:My xbox can "view" it all, even 1080i, but only SD material is really watchable due to the processor speed.

The SD stuff works great, the 1080i skips. I don't get any 720p to test with, since I only use the ATSC OTA tuner part, and don't have any QAM sources.

-Wes

Thanks for the reply.

Is it common for QAM sources to be 720p? Now I need to figure out how to tell if the OTA or QAM stuff I receive is 1080i or 720p. Maybe if I use my HDTV to tune the QAM sources the TV will tell me which resolution the source is.

- waldo22 - 2009-01-12

deadtrout Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Is it common for QAM sources to be 720p? Now I need to figure out how to tell if the OTA or QAM stuff I receive is 1080i or 720p. Maybe if I use my HDTV to tune the QAM sources the TV will tell me which resolution the source is.

I'm really not sure.

I think only sports networks tend to be 720p, such as ESPN, but I have no idea if they broadcast those in clear QAM or not.

Honestly, even at 720p, I'm not sure the xbox can handle it.

Let us know how it works,

Wes

- miamiwice - 2009-01-16

Can anyone tell me if this working 100% in xbmc for windows? It looks like it would be a great addon, im ready for tv.

- pablofred - 2009-04-22

Can anybody shed some light for me on how XBMC handles which NIC to use for opening the hdhomerun:// links?

I'm running XBMC (8.10) on windows, and have my hdhomerun connected directly to the wired NIC on my computer. My actual internet connection is running on a wireless NIC. All of the HDHR tools work fine, and I can tune in VLC to get the stream. I've added the auto generated .strm files, but they will not play until I go into my network properties and disable my wireless NIC. At that point, everything works fine via XBMC, but as long as the wireless NIC is enabled, I get no TV.

I'm assuming this is an issue with XBMC since everything on the HDHR is working fine outside of XBMC. If there is some setting I need to / can tweak or any other info needed, please let me know.

- drivesoslow - 2009-06-17

You can set the order of the network interfaces to see if making the wired first will fix it.

Control Panel > Network Connections > Advanced menu > Advance Settings > Connections

HDHomerun stream loses sync - drivesoslow - 2009-10-17

I have a system running 9.04 that is having trouble playing HDHomerun streams. They start of fine but as time progresses the audio and video slowly become further and further out of sync.

I thought that maybe it the system didn't have enough power to push the content but the CPU sits at 50% while viewing the stream and the same system plays 720 and 1080 recorded content fine.

The logs state nothing more than the stream being started and stopped.