Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Dillik - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 02:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 15:08)Dillik Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 23:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Is there another skin with this feature for restarting the show? I've never encountered it before so I dont know how it's implemented.  
Indeed there is. Beatmasterrs' Arctic Zephyr - Leia Mod has this feature included. I think you can find it in the includes.xml under "DialogPvrInfoNavigationNew". 

Thanks! These instructions are really helpful. Big Grin

Can you please test latest version 0.9.36-a4 and confirm that I've added the correct button.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/archive/v0.9.36-alpha4.zip 

Just tested it and it works like expected.
Thank you very much, this feature is really helpful when you missed the start of a show.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 13:28)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey

To be honest I have to say that I found the latest TV osd quite crowded on the screen.
The first version where there was only a row of channel logo's and one channel focused visible was so perfect on screen.
Could you please make that an user option?

Also the description always showing could be optional.
Especially when skipping back/forward. The programme description is not needed at that moment imho.
So in short I liked the former version more.

You can already use it. Change your key binding to the following action:
ActivateWindow(1139)

You can also access it by pressing up from the osd controls.

Some more options for PVR such as showing plot/next/nothing alongside the channel will be coming soon.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Sjors125 - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 02:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 18:23)Sjors125 Wrote: @jurialmunkey Is this possible to recreate the collection info view from the AZ Plus mod. See this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2857264#pid2857264

Also, I like these views from Andromeda:
Works with banners and cd covers too

This overview of the actors is nice too

Would something like these fit in your design philosophy?

For the Sets/Collections info page: can you create a [Request] on the github issues page?
I use the issues page as my todo list and I'm slowing working my way through it.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/issues

For the poster list view: I will probably be adding some sort of poster/episode list view at some stage. Additional views are not really priority at the moment though!

For cast list: I actually wanted to have a double column or row type display, but unfortunately there isn't any way to override control of a panel so that I can link to extended info. It needs to be single row or column list to do that.        

For the collection/set info:
Thanks! I will add it on the GitHub page. 👍
Here is the link to the GitHub issue: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/issues/71#issue-459582495
As this was my first ever post on GitHub, I hope I've put it on the right location for you to review/create.

For the poster list view: great.

For the cast list: how is this AZ mod doing it then? Is that something that isn't possible in Leia anymore?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - renatus41 - 2019-06-23

Hello everyone A question. Is the Theme Switcher already active? Should that work already? He does not do that for me.

Sorry for my english. Living in Germany.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - joostzilla - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 14:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 13:28)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey

To be honest I have to say that I found the latest TV osd quite crowded on the screen.
The first version where there was only a row of channel logo's and one channel focused visible was so perfect on screen.
Could you please make that an user option?

Also the description always showing could be optional.
Especially when skipping back/forward. The programme description is not needed at that moment imho.
So in short I liked the former version more.

You can already use it. Change your key binding to the following action:
ActivateWindow(1139)

You can also access it by pressing up from the osd controls.

Some more options for PVR such as showing plot/next/nothing alongside the channel will be coming soon.
Awesome, that's great. Thanks for the hint. :-)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - horizons1 - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 03:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 20:24)horizons1 Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Great skin. I've been using Fuse and noticed something strange after I installed the Alpha of AZ2 on my Shield. I was using the combination below to keep the song info/album cover/lyrics onscreen when playing music. It seemed to work right in AZ2 in Windows but after installing on the Shield I only see the fullscreen music for a split second before AZ2 returns to the playlist screen (unless I manually toggle to fullscreen mode.)

<songinfoduration>6000</songinfoduration> added to advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder

Created new Custom_FullScreenMusic.xml with the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="1199">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload condition="!Window.IsActive(visualisation)">FullScreen</onload>
    <visible>Player.HasAudio + !Integer.IsEqual(MusicPlayer.Time,0)</visible>
    <controls />
</window>

I'm thinking maybe an id conflict preventing this custom page to take over? Is there a setting in AZ2 that this code conflicts with?

There is a custom window ("Custom_Overlay.xml") with the id 1199 already.

I'm not really sure why you are doing this though as there is already a setting in the skin for Auto Music Vis:
Skin Settings > Video / Music > Automatically open visualisation after starting a song.

You can see what this setting does in this window (which is practically the same as what you are trying to do)
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/blob/master/1080i/Custom_1115_AutoVis.xml 
@jurialmunkey Thanks for the quick response. The fullscreen music playback works for individual songs but not on party mode playlists. I made a 30-sec video to illustrate the behavior:

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Qirat77 - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 03:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 19:00)Tariq77 Wrote: Such a beautiful skin @jurialmunkey - really appreciate your work on this.
As a long time pvr user, one issue you’ve solved for me - in the osd at least - is the duplication of programme synopsis within the programme title field, an unfortunate side effect of using OTA grabbers with the current stable version of tvheadend. Thank you! I’m hoping it’s possible to carry the separation of the two fields over into the main pvr guide.
Also, are you planning to offer an option to substitute the information section - currently always displayed on the right of the osd - with the upcoming programme instead?
Taking this one step further, is it technically possible to scroll through upcoming programmes on a particular channel via the osd (a la sky) and press ‘i’ on upcoming programmes to display programme information? If so, I’d love to see this happen, requiring the user to manually select programme information as and when needed, rather than always being on display (which is a nice idea but slightly detracts from the aesthetic in my opinion).

A random request...could lists in local media (e.g media info 2) start scrolling from the middle rather than the bottom, allowing my eyes to remain in the middle of the screen (for the majority of the time) when scrolling through my library.

Thanks again for the amazing work, and hope this is useful feedback regardless of whether you choose to implement any of this.

I use tvheadend myself and I don't experience this double-up issue - but I guess it depends on country/region (or maybe settings). I have had other users report this issue though. I have an idea for a fix, so I'll look into it.

For osd showing next programme info, this is already possible (and you can also scroll through). You need to bind a button/key to
ActivateWindow(pvrchannelguide)
By default, this is bound to the "G" key on keyboard.
Keymap Editor add-on makes it really easy to bind commands to your remote:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Ah, interesting that you’re not affected by this double-up issue. It’s a known issue in the uk using Freeview OTA grabbers and DVB-T tuners with tvheadend. Really appreciate you offering to take a look at this. Not expecting miracles though!

I had no idea the pvrchannelguide view existed...great that it lets you scroll though upcoming programmes. Can I ask why this functionality isn’t implemented in the default osd rather than having to access a separate window? Would love to see this (without the column of channel icons), retaining the minimalist feel.

I also noticed it’s not possible to access information on a programme that’s up next (on a different channel to the one I’m watching) using pvrchannelguide. That would be really useful if technically possible. Thanks.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Rav166 - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-23, 03:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 01:36)Rav166 Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Just noticed that episode info not showing next to the episode thumbnail (all my media info is scraped from local *. nfo file). Is this a known issue? Image

Works fine for me. You mustn't have a plot field filled.

https://i.imgur.com/Qcepjr8.png

Reinstalled Kodi and did everything from the scrap, now showing up.Was on my end. Thanks for confirmation. 👍👍👍

(2019-05-15, 01:10)Sjors125 Wrote: @M3ntalBadg3r I actually like that idea.

I have a young child too and it would be nice if she does not have to see 16+ or 18+ movieposters at the homescreen. Ideally it could be time restricted. I.e. before 20:00 / 8PM only posters that are suited for children.
If possible we could just set the age limit, or if that is not enough for the information scrapers, combine it with a rating system like MPAA's movie rating; USK (Germany); Kijkwijzer (Netherlands); PEGI (European system for game content) etc.
Another option would be to select it by genre; let's say "only animation movie posters" before 8 o'clock. Only thing is, that not all animation movies are for children, but most inappropriate movies/posters will be filtered out then.
I had the same issue, there's a workaround with smartplaylists. With Tinymediamanager add a 18+/adult or an appropriate tag for those you don't want to show up(can bulk edit). Then make a smartplaylist that tag>doesn't contain. Use this Smartplaylist as the menu content and also for the widget content. Hope this helps you.

(2019-06-23, 07:30)Comma Wrote: Just playing around, I was curious to see how it would look like with colour ratings and must say I kind of like it, its also easier to read them I think.
If I had any skinning skills I would try to put the imdb 250 between the Oscar and metacritic logo.

This looks amazing with colours, I've seen this in other skins, hope we'll get it as an option on Arctic Zephyr 2🤞

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Sjors125 - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-24, 00:54)Rav166 Wrote:

I have a young child too and it would be nice if she does not have to see 16+ or 18+ movieposters at the homescreen. Ideally it could be time restricted. I.e. before 20:00 / 8PM only posters that are suited for children.
If possible we could just set the age limit, or if that is not enough for the information scrapers, combine it with a rating system like MPAA's movie rating; USK (Germany); Kijkwijzer (Netherlands); PEGI (European system for game content) etc.
Another option would be to select it by genre; let's say "only animation movie posters" before 8 o'clock. Only thing is, that not all animation movies are for children, but most inappropriate movies/posters will be filtered out then.
I had the same issue, there's a workaround with smartplaylists. With Tinymediamanager add a 18+/adult or an appropriate tag for those you don't want to show up(can bulk edit). Then make a smartplaylist that tag>doesn't contain. Use this Smartplaylist as the menu content and also for the widget content. Hope this helps you.  
Thanks!
So, I could also add a tag containing my daughters name for example, or something like "suited for children" and set the smart playlist to only display those. (So a "yes-filter" instead of a "no-filter"). Could this be time triggered too? I.e. in the morning and afternoon only filtered ones and in the evening and night all movies.

(2019-06-24, 01:31)Sjors125 Wrote:
(2019-06-24, 00:54)Rav166 Wrote:

Thanks!
So, I could also add a tag containing my daughters name for example, or something like "suited for children" and set the smart playlist to only display those. (So a "yes-filter" instead of a "no-filter"). Could this be time triggered too? I.e. in the morning and afternoon only filtered ones and in the evening and night all movies.
Time triggered thing I doubt so, but you can always filter the not suitable stuff into a playlist and dig it deeper in an submenu. Which I guess is less reachable. Also you can make all the adult-friendly stuffe
omitted from all the playlist and if you wanna watch you can search and watch it. Make sure you don't use the default widgets like spotlight or in progress(you can make custom lists similar to them though) hope this make sense.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - MitchZombie - 2019-06-24

@jurialmunkey
The new PVR osd is really nice and clean!!! 
I've tried using Theme switcher but doesn't seem to be working for me. 

Any chance you could add more Views to Advanced Emulator Launcher add-on when you get some extra spare time please. At the moment there's only 2 views. https://imgur.com/a/DtrylTG

Regards Mitch

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-23, 23:49)Tariq77 Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 03:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-06-22, 19:00)Tariq77 Wrote: Such a beautiful skin @jurialmunkey - really appreciate your work on this.
As a long time pvr user, one issue you’ve solved for me - in the osd at least - is the duplication of programme synopsis within the programme title field, an unfortunate side effect of using OTA grabbers with the current stable version of tvheadend. Thank you! I’m hoping it’s possible to carry the separation of the two fields over into the main pvr guide.
Also, are you planning to offer an option to substitute the information section - currently always displayed on the right of the osd - with the upcoming programme instead?
Taking this one step further, is it technically possible to scroll through upcoming programmes on a particular channel via the osd (a la sky) and press ‘i’ on upcoming programmes to display programme information? If so, I’d love to see this happen, requiring the user to manually select programme information as and when needed, rather than always being on display (which is a nice idea but slightly detracts from the aesthetic in my opinion).

A random request...could lists in local media (e.g media info 2) start scrolling from the middle rather than the bottom, allowing my eyes to remain in the middle of the screen (for the majority of the time) when scrolling through my library.

Thanks again for the amazing work, and hope this is useful feedback regardless of whether you choose to implement any of this.

I use tvheadend myself and I don't experience this double-up issue - but I guess it depends on country/region (or maybe settings). I have had other users report this issue though. I have an idea for a fix, so I'll look into it.

For osd showing next programme info, this is already possible (and you can also scroll through). You need to bind a button/key to
ActivateWindow(pvrchannelguide)
By default, this is bound to the "G" key on keyboard.
Keymap Editor add-on makes it really easy to bind commands to your remote:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Ah, interesting that you’re not affected by this double-up issue. It’s a known issue in the uk using Freeview OTA grabbers and DVB-T tuners with tvheadend. Really appreciate you offering to take a look at this. Not expecting miracles though!

I had no idea the pvrchannelguide view existed...great that it lets you scroll though upcoming programmes. Can I ask why this functionality isn’t implemented in the default osd rather than having to access a separate window? Would love to see this (without the column of channel icons), retaining the minimalist feel.

I also noticed it’s not possible to access information on a programme that’s up next (on a different channel to the one I’m watching) using pvrchannelguide. That would be really useful if technically possible. Thanks.

Not really sure in terms of why pvr is setup the way it is. I would personally do things differently, but I have to work with the windows kodi provides.

I guess the stand epg guide is there for a multichannel view - though I can think of much better osd approaches. For instance I would love it if it were possible to have pressing up/down to bring up the osd channel view to scroll through available channels and then press left/right to scroll through the epg for that channel - but I don't know of any way to achieve this in the skinning engine alone...

In terms of implementing the pvrosd guide in standard osd, you could fake it by binding your left/right key press to show it when in pvr fullscreen.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-24, 03:14)MitchZombie Wrote: @jurialmunkey
The new PVR osd is really nice and clean!!! 
I've tried using Theme switcher but doesn't seem to be working for me. 

Any chance you could add more Views to Advanced Emulator Launcher add-on when you get some extra spare time please. At the moment there's only 2 views. https://imgur.com/a/DtrylTG

Regards Mitch

Hmm a couple of people have mentioned the theme switcher not working. I'll look into it - probably just got the conditions wrong. BTW the theme will only switch when returning to the home screen - you need to leave home and return back to it to trigger it. I have any idea for triggering it even without changing screen, so I'll have a play with that later and report back.

Yeah I'll look at adding some ael views when I get time. If you could add it as an issue on the github page, that would be great - I'm using it as a todo list and I'm trying to work my way through all the issues there.