Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-04-11

(2017-04-11, 08:17)thekid Wrote: Hey awesome addon..been using it for 2 years now Smile. I recently ran into some issue.

I am using Aeon Nox 5. I have main menu items called Movies, TV shows etc. When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main kodi menu screen.

Now the issue.

After upgrading to Krypton, When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main super favorite folder showing all of my favorites instead of just going back to the main menu screen like before. Basically I have to press back twice every time to get to the main screen. Any idea why this is happening? I am running the latest version of super favorites and Aeon Nox. I even tried reinstalling both.

I was also wondering if there was an easy way to convert to the Silvo skin to try out? Meaning is there a way to copy over all of my custom menu and submenu settings to that skin or it has to be recreated manually?

It's a new "feature" of Krypton (although I'd call it a bug). Standard Kodi faves do it too Sad

Crap I know, but not a lot can be done about it I'm afraid

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - thekid - 2017-04-11

(2017-04-11, 19:21)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 08:17)thekid Wrote: Hey awesome addon..been using it for 2 years now Smile. I recently ran into some issue.

I am using Aeon Nox 5. I have main menu items called Movies, TV shows etc. When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main kodi menu screen.

Now the issue.

After upgrading to Krypton, When I click on the Movies menu item, it opens my Movies super favorite folder. When I click back once, it takes me to the main super favorite folder showing all of my favorites instead of just going back to the main menu screen like before. Basically I have to press back twice every time to get to the main screen. Any idea why this is happening? I am running the latest version of super favorites and Aeon Nox. I even tried reinstalling both.

I was also wondering if there was an easy way to convert to the Silvo skin to try out? Meaning is there a way to copy over all of my custom menu and submenu settings to that skin or it has to be recreated manually?

It's a new "feature" of Krypton (although I'd call it a bug). Standard Kodi faves do it too Sad

Crap I know, but not a lot can be done about it I'm afraid

really? wow that is so stupid lol how is that a "feature".. its very annoying.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - thekid - 2017-04-12

it also causes the kodi background to go black every time you open a super favorite and press back. It returns back to normal after a while.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - marvellian - 2017-04-13

(2017-03-19, 12:11)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 02:58)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: Anything from the Kodi developers adding back the "return" function? This is absolute garbage. I had an addon set to a certian view "list" through SF. Now that it goes to the addon main menu which is preset to thumbnail with no way to set it in settings only SF. But reverts back to thumbs every time now.

Doesn't sound like your problem is related to the "return" issue (anyone got a link to that thread?).

SF cannot set the view type if another addon, it can only set its own.

Have you tried changing the view type whilst in the other addon?

Which addon is it, it might be setting the view type itself?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - marvellian - 2017-04-13

(2017-03-19, 02:58)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: Anything from the Kodi developers adding back the "return" function? This is absolute garbage. I had an addon set to a certian view "list" through SF. Now that it goes to the addon main menu which is preset to thumbnail with no way to set it in settings only SF. But reverts back to thumbs every time now.

Doesn't sound like your problem is related to the "return" issue (anyone got a link to that thread?).

Hi Sposer, thank you for one of the best addons in kodi... am having the same issue... Its only on Krypton... For instance when i create few super folders then add each folder to the main home screen then open one of them its all good... I see all my shortcuts, but when i click back from that folder it brings me back to all the super folders i cteated then if i hit back again it goes out to the main menu that i was on... That issue wasn't in jarvis... Its not only if i open it from the main menu... Its anywhere i open it from......is there any fix for that? Thanks in advance
Jo

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - FatherH - 2017-04-14

Hello,
Two days ago I copied my Kodi build (from the Krypton version of Kodi, on my PC), to an Android box (with the same version of Kodi installed). Everything copied over as expected - - except my Super Favourites folders. Actually, the "favourites.xml" is the closest thing I can find having anything to do with the missing Super Favourites folders (on my PC, the S.F. folder, and sub-folders, are located within the Kodi Favourites directory).

I've spent much of the past two days trying to figure out where these folders are now located in the Android box and how to activate Super Favourites so it will display them (the Super Favourites folder made it to where it should be on the Android - - it's just empty - no sub-folders, no links :o(

In your recent update post you describe how to copy Super Favourites from one location to another - within the same install, so I assumed that I could do the same from one install location to another. Can I or am I trying to do the impossible??

If it can be done, could you please direct me to where I can find the instructions??

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - StreamSlayer - 2017-04-15

Really loving this addon in theory and it sounds like it will deliver once I figure out what I'm missing so thanks so very much for all your work and generous contribution! This was the one thing missing from Kodi that it really needed so I'm stoked to put it to use.

My problem is though, after taking hundreds of faves and moving/organizing them into SF folders and subfolders as recommended, I can't seem to launch them from anywhere within the SF addon or from within the shortcuts I moved to the Favourites folder itself. When I click on a title saved to the SF folders, either nothing happens or I get a brief working wheel that vanishes after half a second and is sometimes, sometimes not, followed by an error message prompting me to check the log file. Whether I attempt to launch with a single click or from context menu item such as Play from here or Play now, it always seems to behave as though there's no file linked to the shortcut.

I get the feeling I'm just missing some initial set up step or something silly but I've searched and read much of this thread and can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-13, 15:07)marvellian Wrote:

Hi Sposer, thank you for one of the best addons in kodi... am having the same issue... Its only on Krypton... For instance when i create few super folders then add each folder to the main home screen then open one of them its all good... I see all my shortcuts, but when i click back from that folder it brings me back to all the super folders i cteated then if i hit back again it goes out to the main menu that i was on... That issue wasn't in jarvis... Its not only if i open it from the main menu... Its anywhere i open it from......is there any fix for that? Thanks in advance
Jo

It's a Krypton "issue".

Seems like a bug tbh but I'm sure team Kodi will claim it's an improvement.

(2017-04-15, 04:52)StreamSlayer Wrote: Really loving this addon in theory and it sounds like it will deliver once I figure out what I'm missing so thanks so very much for all your work and generous contribution! This was the one thing missing from Kodi that it really needed so I'm stoked to put it to use.

My problem is though, after taking hundreds of faves and moving/organizing them into SF folders and subfolders as recommended, I can't seem to launch them from anywhere within the SF addon or from within the shortcuts I moved to the Favourites folder itself. When I click on a title saved to the SF folders, either nothing happens or I get a brief working wheel that vanishes after half a second and is sometimes, sometimes not, followed by an error message prompting me to check the log file. Whether I attempt to launch with a single click or from context menu item such as Play from here or Play now, it always seems to behave as though there's no file linked to the shortcut.

I get the feeling I'm just missing some initial set up step or something silly but I've searched and read much of this thread and can't seem to figure it out.

Are you using the latest version of SF (1.0.56)

(2017-04-14, 22:42)FatherH Wrote: Hello,
Two days ago I copied my Kodi build (from the Krypton version of Kodi, on my PC), to an Android box (with the same version of Kodi installed). Everything copied over as expected - - except my Super Favourites folders. Actually, the "favourites.xml" is the closest thing I can find having anything to do with the missing Super Favourites folders (on my PC, the S.F. folder, and sub-folders, are located within the Kodi Favourites directory).

I've spent much of the past two days trying to figure out where these folders are now located in the Android box and how to activate Super Favourites so it will display them (the Super Favourites folder made it to where it should be on the Android - - it's just empty - no sub-folders, no links :o(

In your recent update post you describe how to copy Super Favourites from one location to another - within the same install, so I assumed that I could do the same from one install location to another. Can I or am I trying to do the impossible??

If it can be done, could you please direct me to where I can find the instructions??

Thanks

What do you mean by Kodi favourites folder? That doesn't sound a standard folder?

And yes you should be able to move them to your android setup.

You could try exporting them to a zip file on the PC, and then import that on the android device.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - StreamSlayer - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-15, 17:55)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 04:52)StreamSlayer Wrote: Really loving this addon in theory and it sounds like it will deliver once I figure out what I'm missing so thanks so very much for all your work and generous contribution! This was the one thing missing from Kodi that it really needed so I'm stoked to put it to use.

Yes. Latest version installed 1.0.56

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-04-16

(2017-04-15, 23:40)StreamSlayer Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 17:55)spoyser Wrote:

Simply clicking on an item should launch it.

Which addon are you using to add the titles?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - StreamSlayer - 2017-04-16

(2017-04-16, 17:40)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 23:40)StreamSlayer Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 17:55)spoyser Wrote: Are you using the latest version of SF (1.0.56)

Simply clicking on an item should launch it.

Which addon are you using to add the titles?

Only using SF and Kodi. Activated the Global SF options so it shows in context menu on Kodi search results or items already stored in Kodi Favourites etc.

I use a wireless keyboard / touch pad to navigate Kodi menus so I just hold the Enter key down momentarily to access context menu which reads: Move up - Move down - Remove - Rename - Choose thumbnail - Super Favourits Menu - Add to Super Favourites.

When I choose Add to SF, it takes me to another menu to tell it where to save. From there I can choose PL, Plugins, S or Super Favourites. After choosing SF, I can see the subfolders I've created, (Movies, Music, Sports, TV) and can navigate to whichever one I choose and the subfolders in each. When I've found where I want to store it, I can choose OK, Cancel or New Folder on the right hand side. Once I hit OK, I'm given the option of renaming the item before completing the process.

Then, I've primarily been accessing the directories by going to Addons/Video Addons/Super Favourites. When I open SF, the first thing I see is iSearch, followed by iExplore, iPlay - Kodi playlist manager, Create new Super Folder, Explore Kodi favourites and then the vaviour folders I've created. When I enter these, I can see all the items I've saved and all the subfolders but hitting enter on the items does nothing. If I hold the Enter key down a bit longer, I get a more advanced context menu with Edit, Copy, Add etc as well as Play from here near the bottom. Hitting Play from here looks as though it will succeed as the screen goes a bit dark and the red circle pops up that usually precedes the start of a file but it just spins and sort of flashes 2 - 10 times as if it's searching for the file then reverts back to normal. For what it's worth, if I use these context items to choose Edit Super Favourite and then Rename favourite, it again does nothing.

Hope that long-winded description gives a clue as to what's wrong. Thanks for trying!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Panamakaloy - 2017-04-17

Strange thing happened. Everything has been working great but out of the blue I do not get the superfavorites context menu when I press c on an add-on. In the past it did not offer the context menu if I had not drilled in to a particular type of addon such as video add-ons. But now even when in a particular type of add on menu, pressing c only brings up a small menu with " quick launch superfavorites professional and superfavorites settings", no add to superfavorites etc. If I click on video add-ons for example and pull up the list as opposed to the icon view it works. It also works everywhere else. Latest version of Krypton and estuary skin. I turned off global and turned it on again. I can't think of anything that did that could have caused it. Any ideas folks?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - watermouf - 2017-04-17

Just want to say that spoyser is one of the best developers, def under appreciated and the man in my book. I was bummed when you pulled ur repo bunch of hidden gems in there, noticed it resurfaced recently. Thanks for updating Super Favs to krypton. Agree the new krypton feature is pretty annoying, understand there isn't much that can done about that. Krypton reminds me of Windows Vista at this point! But was wondering if we could get a tag/synatx to play items in random order from a super folder ? Have a bunch of relaxing videos in HD saved in a super folder, would love to be able to play them in random order without having to hit play folder then shuffle them manually. 1 click play to relax would be huge! Thanks again for all your hard work !