Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-03-04

(2017-03-02, 23:03)jdf76 Wrote: New update to the beta..

5.3.11-alpha

[fix/upd] replace custom simple_requests with script.module.requests to resolve ssl and cross-platform issues
[add] 'Reset access manager' added to Maintenance section, sign out process(available when logged out) to clean up tokens in settings.xml
[upd] set default for SSL certificate verification to 'true'
mmmmmmm.. what's the difference about alpha4 and the "unofficial" alpha4 ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mzup - 2017-03-05

Installed Alpha 4 on Windows system with Kodi 17.1 RC1. Configured API and tried to sign in. Got error Invalid Client

18:03:11.296 T:3784 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.11~alpha4) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.11
18:03:42.675 T:3296 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:03:42.675 T:3296 ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] YouTube: LoginException: invalid_client

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-03-05

@braselectron: Likely key/api related, double check the steps and keys.
Also installing the current alpha from zip (available here: 5.3.11-alpha) and trying again may shed more light on the situation. There is better error feedback and logging for the login process.
If still unresolved would suggest providing a debug log of the issue.

@DjDiabolik: The view related stuff that is no longer suitable for the official repository.

@mzup: That suggests an issue/mismatch in one of the keys.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - apoc [t.i.m.] - 2017-03-05

(2016-08-11, 19:05)aankkurr Wrote: I am using this YouTube addon & Aeon Nox Silvo Mod skin,

I would like to make Main menu item named "YouTube" along with submenu "NEWS, "Kids", "Music", Sport" etc.

I am trying to add channels & some PlayLists to "Super Favorites" folder name "NEWS", "KIDS", "Music", "Sports" etc. which will be pointed to SubMenu item of "YouTube" as mention earliear.

I am able to add Channels & Playlists to Super Favorites folders, however once done and when I go back to Super Favorites folders and try to click on it, it throws an error.

How can I achieve my goal as mention earliear?

I am not log-in to my account because I am sharing my setting with many people so I do not like to give away my login credentials. This might be reason? If so how can I do this without log-in?

Thank you,

I'm also looking for such thing, I searched for menu/submenu/category but no luck, hopefully I didn't overlook anything (please correct me if I did and my apologies).

Is this possible somehow? Or no such thing? Would be really cool if this can be done.
It's already is a great addon though, really appreciated. With kind regards.

(2017-03-05, 02:01)anxdpanic Wrote: @mzup: That suggests an issue/mismatch in one of the keys.

I triple checked and re-entered twice and still same error. Any other ideas?

@aankkurr: What you quoted requires other add-ons/skins to achieve, not available in the YouTube add-on itself. Unless I am misreading.

@mzup:
Can try 'Reset access manager' from Settings - Maintenance. (will force a log out, clear out any potential leftover tokens.) Would double check you have YouTube API enabled for the project you created (Step #2). If still an issue, if you can post a debug log then we can see if there are any other hints. Sorry not more of an immediate solution, it's a pretty generic error generally meaning something is wrong key/client wise. I am at a loss otherwise currently, haven't been able to reproduce it other than intentionally adding/removing characters to/from keys.

(2017-03-05, 18:13)anxdpanic Wrote: @mzup:
Can try 'Reset access manager' from Settings - Maintenance. (will force a log out, clear out any potential leftover tokens.) Would double check you have YouTube API enabled for the project you created (Step #2). If still an issue, if you can post a debug log then we can see if there are any other hints. Sorry not more of an immediate solution, it's a pretty generic error generally meaning something is wrong key/client wise. I am at a loss otherwise currently, haven't been able to reproduce it other than intentionally adding/removing characters to/from keys.

Did the reset and enabled debug log. Still not working.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24119331

Everything looks good for the first part of the sign-in. Still suggesting something with the provided keys, I will pm you a set of keys to do a test sign-in so we can try to confirm if it is add-on or key.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-03-05

do your keys look like this..

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - m28ew - 2017-03-06

THANKS to all developers for creating this awesome addon

just a n00b question:
is it possible to display the proper information about video title & its snapshot using the youtube addon?

for example: (an official legit link from the SKY NEWS)
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

I convert the url and pass it to my my addon:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=y60wDzZt8yg

the proper video title should be: "Sky News Live"
and the proper snapshot should be:
Code:
https://img.youtube.com/vi/y60wDzZt8yg/0.jpg

But... Huh
instead of sending the proper info, the addon only display the youtube's ID ("y60wDzZt8yg") and a blank snapshot

i also forcely pushed the proper value of title & snapshot into the xbmcgui.ListItem 's title & iconImage
but it changed nothing... the addon still displayed the ID and the blank snapshot only

any help will be appreciated
T.I.A

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mzup - 2017-03-06

@jdf76, yes those settings were correct.

@anxdpanic Thanks for your help. I recreated a new key set and now it is working.

Thanks again to both of you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-03-06

@mzup: good to hear! Smile

@m28ew: That video/feed happens to be blocked for my country so I can't do much in the way of testing. Do you know of any others that this happens with? All that I try seem to work. A debug log may help, and which version of Kodi?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-03-07

5.3.11 is Released and is posted in youtube repo only. Will post to kodi repo when i'm sure no issues are appearing.

Download here

*Changes*
[fix/upd] replace custom simple_requests with script.module.requests to resolve ssl and cross-platform issues
[add] 'Reset access manager' added to Maintenance section, sign out process(available when logged out) to clean up tokens in settings.xml
[upd] set default for SSL certificate verification to 'true'
Updated Translation [Etharr,bubuleur]

Thanks goes to anxdpanic and you guys for helping.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - m28ew - 2017-03-07

(2017-03-06, 18:38)anxdpanic Wrote: @m28ew: That video/feed happens to be blocked for my country so I can't do much in the way of testing. Do you know of any others that this happens with? All that I try seem to work. A debug log may help, and which version of Kodi?

thank for your help mate Smile

but today, suddenly your addon is able to pass the proper info of both title & snapshot to my own addon
and weirdly, I haven't even touched my last script lol

You guys rock !!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Perfect Styles - 2017-03-07

i am having the same problem as m28ew and although his problem has disappeared it still exists. Hope it can be fixed soon.