Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-12-11

UPDATE #32 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.2

Image Additions
  • I added code to the Right List, List 3D, List 3D v2, Shelf 3D, and Shelf 3D v2 music views that will display multiple clearlogo images from fanart.tv using Skin Helper (just like music viz). If the Skin Helper script fails, it will fallback to the local clearlogo images (clearlogo, clearlogo1, etc.) using Artwork Helper. Finally, if you only have one local clearlogo image, it will fallback to that.
  • I added the animations and the back image to layout 3D of music viz if you have "HIDE JEWEL CASE" enabled. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added a new button to SKIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS named "SHOW ALTERNATE FONT FOR PLOT". Enabling this will change the Movie/TV Show plot font throughout the skin to Arial. Arial is a monospaced font, so if you have columns in your custom plot info, the text will be aligned. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added the studio icons Saban Films and The Daily Wire.
  • I added the alphabet scrollbar to the music view Magazine 3D. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed a problem with the position of the audio flags for Poster List.
  • I fixed a problem with the Artist thumb not showing for the Magazine 3D and Poster views if "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" was disabled. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!
  • The discart for widgets was showing border images for discart if "SHOW DIFFUSE FOR DISC ART" was disabled. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!
  • The view "MY VIEW TYPE" was not being displayed in the view selection list. It looks like the original skin code was not completed for this view.
  • The Glass List view was not being displayed in the music view list.

ImageMaintenance
  • I arranged the music views in alphabetical order for the view selector after enabling a view from the list.
  • I added the jewel case and disc art for the Glass List music view.
  • The "SHOW LESS MEDIA FLAGS" setting for TV Shows in the Top Menu now controls the Season flags as well. I also resized the MPAA flag when this setting is enabled. Thanks to Jumpy73 for the request!

There is also an update to the Colored Studios and White Studios add-ons available in my repo.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-12-11

Thanks @latts9923 . Amazing update as always! Thank you very much.
I think this skin is becoming/is the best skin for music.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-12-11

Thanks for the update. Cool stuff. I like seeing the different clearlogos. Only thing is in Right List view, it looks like now they're centered smack dab in the middle of the screen about halfway up, whereas before they were down at the bottom, right above the floor which looks better I think. Less obtrusive. Is that by design? Or is it just on my setup?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-12-11

@Chalklands
You're welcome! Glad you like it!

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome!

Doh! I didn't notice that. Definitely not by design...this was introduced by mistake when I was tweaking the Glass List code. It's fixed and ready for the next update. If you want to fix it before then, open IncludesParams.xml and find the include name "logoandclearart_items". The last three image controls have animations to move the logo up for Glass List. At the end of each animation, change condition="Window.IsActive(music)" to condition="Window.IsActive(music) + Control.IsVisible(57)". Thanks for letting me know!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-12-11

@latts9923 Awesome update as usual, thanks! Noticed one issue. The logos seem to be overlaying. See the screen shot upper left. I had been displaying ZZ-top prior to Zac Brown.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-12-11

@latts9923 One thing I noticed that may be a clue as to the issue is that the problem seems to only happen when the artist only has one logo. If the artist has multiple logos then it clears the previous logo correctly.
Happens on this screen too - 

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-12-11

Hello,
Not skin specific, just a general query. Re the part of this screen I've circled with a yellowish line, centre left of the screen:

Does anybody know how I change/get rid of these tags? I've opened the artist using mp3tag and Picard but I can't see them listed anywhere to change.

Thanks!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-12-11

@latts9923 , nice update, thanks. For some reason I still do not see logo in "Show Artist On Top As: Logo" in "POSTER View". Any advise?.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-12-12

@wags1
Let me try to reproduce this problem with the clearlogo.

@Chalklands
That data isn't pulled from the song tags...I think it's pulled from theaudiodb.com. You can remove it if you like by opening ViewMagazine3D.xml and find "Artist_Style". Remove that textbox control and you're set.

@andrzejls
You're welcome! I added code so that the default music views that came with the skin all display the logo if "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS:" is set to "LOGO". It will be part of the next update.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - toutoune290 - 2022-12-12

hi latts9923,
i can't find the option for displaying the lirics in MQ style...
can you help me ? i missed that.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-12-12

@toutoune290 Can't comment on how well it works, or not, since I don't use it but when listening to a song bring up the lower menu and all the way to the right is a toggle for lyrics. Their is also a Karaoke Layout that can be selected via the top menu that should show lyrics as well.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - murnaz - 2022-12-12

@latts9923 can we get updates for nexus 
thanks for best skin

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-12-12

(2022-12-12, 13:18)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
You're welcome! I added code so that the default music views that came with the skin all display the logo if "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS:" is set to "LOGO". It will be part of the next update.
@latts9923, thanks for your reply. I have "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS" set to "LOGO" but still only in "LOW LIST", "MAGAZINE 3D", "SHELF 3D", "SHELF 3D V2" "LABEL" is shown. All other views show text.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - killersquirrel59 - 2022-12-13

Hi @latts9923 I just got the new update and I don't know if anyone else is seeing this but it looks like a bunch of the menus are inaccurate, like the menu text doesn't match up with the actions taken when selecting those items. I first noticed this in the Skin Settings under Title Bar Options which says things like "Show Season/Episode Numbers" but when I enable that it starts showing raindrop animation and "Extended Info" which starts showing Star Wars animations all over the screen. This also appeared to be the case in several of the view options menus for certain library views, notably bad in KodiFlix where seemingly none of the menu customizations match their actions. 

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks.
To add additional points, in the Collection/Change View menu from the Movies library screen, it shows things like, "Show Title on Top As - TV Shows Directed By" then when this is checked it switches to "Logo". And just below that "Audio and Subtitle Flags" has a submenu option that instead of showing "style" or something like that shows "New Search" but still selects from options of "square", "rectangle", or "round". Country Flags also defaults to "TV Shows Directed By" seemingly instead of "text" but can be switched to Logo. 

The more I look the more menu item errors like this I'm finding all over the place. It looks like something got screwed up with the display text for a large number of menu items.
Also in the Collection/Change View menu, "Movies Starring" shows up with options of "Logo", "ClearArt", and "Banner" as well as right below that a menu item for "Movies Directed By" which shows options of "Logo", "DiscArt", "Banner", "FanArt", "ClearArt", and "NoIcon". This menu error really does seem to be all over the place and makes configuring this skin all but impossible as we have to do guesswork to figure out what these menu items actually are.
Oh wow it's really bad in the view menu on KodiFlix in BoxSets mode. 

The second menu itself is called "Select a Writer/Change View" and the headings are as follows:

Region Release (toggle)
Show Default Flags of Sets (toggle)
Show Diffuse for Disc Art (toggle)
Similar (toggle)
Reboot to Android (Options: Reboot to Android, Extended Plot, Consensus, Extended Consensus, None)
Youtube (Options: Item in Database, Items in Database, Search for Trailer, None)
Ended (toggle)
Rumored (toggle)
RT Total Critics Reviews (Options: Default, Landscape, ClearArt, DiscArt, DVD Shelf, Box Sets
RT Fresh Reviews (toggle)
Guest Stars (toggle)
Hide Logo for Box Sets (toggle)
RT Critics' Consensus (toggle)
RT Total User Reviews (toggle)
Birthday (toggle)
Age (toggle)
Also Known As (toggle)
Select Custom Lists to Display (toggle with dependent item below)
     -(if yes above) More From (Options: 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds)
Featuring Cast Members (toggle with dependent item below)
     -(if yes above) Video Info (toggle)
Select a Genre (toggle with dependent 3 dependent items below)
     -(if yes above) Select a Studio (Options: 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds)
     -Select a Director (toggle)
     -Online TMDB Search (toggle)
Select a Country (toggle)
Movies Written By (toggle)
Retail Release (toggle)

It's clear these menu items aren't match what happens when you select them and I'm slowly figuring out what each item actually is, but this is seriously unusable in this form and really needs a priority fix.
Also, unrelated and far less urgent, but it looks like the option to set custom backgrounds for menu items only allows external images if you select multiple images. The single image option appears to only allow local images.
And it also appears that custom menu items can only have a single background image, not multiple, which means that because single image selection is local only, no external art can be used for custom menu items.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-12-13

@toutoune290
In your music viz settings, you have two lyrics settings..."SHOW LYRICS" and "ANIMATED LYRICS".

@murnaz
I'm updating the Nexus code to match every update, but I don't plan on releasing the official versions of the skins until v20 is out of development. And you're welcome!

@andrzejls
Yeah, the logo won't show in the other views until I release the next update.

@killersquirrel59
Hmm...try disabling your other skins and see if that fixes your menu items.

I can select local folders when I choose "CHANGE BACKDROP - MULTIPLE IMAGES".

I created a custom menu item and chose a local folder with the multiple images button. It displays all the images in the folder.