Kodi Community Forum
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options (/showthread.php?tid=255686)

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - hdmkv - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-04, 21:05)wesk05 Wrote: The output is 1080p60 Top/Bottom 3D on Minix U1.
Yep. My PJ accurately shows whether it's receiving true "frame-packing", TAB or SBS. Haven't tried w/the latest firmware S905_105L1 on Mini MX, but with last it was TAB/HOU. Also, with Tronsmart S95 & VidOn, same, TAB/HOU (even though output was automatically combined two halves into full 3D picture).

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - chet82 - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-04, 23:52)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 23:43)chet82 Wrote: Hi Guys ,

I bought the x5 - Everything works except audio pass-through . As soon as i turn that on no audio , i mean none of the codecs work ac3, dts , dts-Ma etc .

What checks i have made :

- Cables are all okay - Changed HDMI just make sure .
- Receiver is okay
- Sound is okay when no movie playing (UI sounds)
- Audio works without Pass-through enabled but only stereo.

I checked with mu old nuc connected to same Apparatus . Any help would be great.

Make sure the Android Audio is set HDMI and in Kodi check the Audio output DTSHD and DOLBY TRUEHD

Funny that was the first thing i checked .

Android out is set to HDMI and in Kodi

- Enable Passthrough and all boxes are checked for all codecs . I can get audio no problem with NUC box running openelec .

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - dukester - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-04, 23:23)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 22:14)dukester Wrote: pm you with logfile.

Thanks for the log. From the log it looks like it is just Top/Bottom 3D. I do see that the refresh rate is being changed to 24Hz. On the Minix U1, it doesn't seem to be switching in 3D mode.

I see this in your log:
1966. 14:41:15 T:18446744072304243752 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::SetVideo3dMode:mode3d(0x201)

This is how the modes are defined in Kodi (I got this from an old XBMC mailing-list, not sure whether this is up-to-date or not)
// AppContext - Application state
+#define MODE_3D_DISABLE 0x00000000
+#define MODE_3D_LR 0x00000101
+#define MODE_3D_BT 0x00000201
+#define MODE_3D_TO_2D_L 0x00000102
+#define MODE_3D_TO_2D_R 0x00000902
+#define MODE_3D_TO_2D_T 0x00000202
+#define MODE_3D_TO_2D_B 0x00000a02

You may want to post your debug log here. Koying or someone else more knowledgeable in interpreting the log can provide their opinion.

your probably right, im just going by how my TV behaves with 3D playback over multiple devices, the fact i cant bring up that 3d menu leads me to believe the output is the same as 3d output from a bluray player.. as thats the only other scenario i have encountered with 3d content that it doesnt allow you to bring up that 3D menu (except the Himedia player and PI2(in full 3d mode)) if it was over under output how come i cant see the 2 images top and bottom when i turn 3d off? with vidon xbmc you can. im just going by what im seeing, and how my TV is reacting to videos.. lol

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - movie78 - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 00:02)chet82 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 23:52)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 23:43)chet82 Wrote: Hi Guys ,

I bought the x5 - Everything works except audio pass-through . As soon as i turn that on no audio , i mean none of the codecs work ac3, dts , dts-Ma etc .

What checks i have made :

- Cables are all okay - Changed HDMI just make sure .
- Receiver is okay
- Sound is okay when no movie playing (UI sounds)
- Audio works without Pass-through enabled but only stereo.

I checked with mu old nuc connected to same Apparatus . Any help would be great.

Make sure the Android Audio is set HDMI and in Kodi check the Audio output DTSHD and DOLBY TRUEHD

- Enable Passthrough and all boxes are checked for all codecs . I can get audio no problem with NUC box running openelec .

Are you using the preinstall Kodi version that came with box?

(2016-02-05, 00:14)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 00:02)chet82 Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 23:52)movie78 Wrote: Make sure the Android Audio is set HDMI and in Kodi check the Audio output DTSHD and DOLBY TRUEHD

Yes only got it yesterday , Its fully updated .

(2016-02-05, 00:21)chet82 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 00:02)chet82 Wrote: Funny that was the first thing i checked .

Will check i get home from work..

Give me an hour or 2.

Just tested, Both the Vido XBMC and Zidoo pasthroght DTS HD and TRUE HD without any issue.

On the 3D side, My PJ auto switch Top/Bottom HTAB in 3D and this the first time i am seeing PJ doing that.

(2016-02-05, 00:00)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 21:05)wesk05 Wrote: The output is 1080p60 Top/Bottom 3D on Minix U1.
Yep. My PJ accurately shows whether it's receiving true "frame-packing", TAB or SBS. Haven't tried w/the latest firmware S905_105L1 on Mini MX, but with last it was TAB/HOU. Also, with Tronsmart S95 & VidOn, same, TAB/HOU (even though output was automatically combined two halves into full 3D picture).

did you get the latest firmware installed on your mini mx?

(2016-02-05, 00:02)chet82 Wrote: Funny that was the first thing i checked .

On the X5 pass-through works, the only the not working is 3D Framepacking.
Make sure Kodi is set to EXPERT MODE then check your Audio setting again.

(2016-02-05, 03:23)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 00:14)movie78 Wrote: Are you using the preinstall Kodi version that came with box?

On the X5 pass-through works, the only the not working is 3D Framepacking.
Make sure Kodi is set to EXPERT MODE then check your Audio setting again.

I shall Check that , I am 100% that i have it expert mode .

I'll be home in about 4 hours and then post an update to the situation .

Thanks

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - wesk05 - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 00:03)dukester Wrote: if it was over under output how come i cant see the 2 images top and bottom when i turn 3d off? with vidon xbmc you can.
If there is a 3D structure in the signal (i.e., when the TV automatically switches to 3D mode), when you turn 3D off on your TV, you will see either the top or left halves of TAB and SBS. You will see the two halves of TAB or SBS when the TV is manually switched to 3D mode. You can try this by removing the 3D tags from file names. You will see that the TV doesn't automatically switch to 3D. As for VidOn XBMC, I think it is "dumb' and doesn't support any 3D tags. So, you have to manually switch the TV to 3D mode when playing H-SBS/H-TAB files.

(2016-02-05, 07:55)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 00:03)dukester Wrote: if it was over under output how come i cant see the 2 images top and bottom when i turn 3d off? with vidon xbmc you can.
If there is a 3D structure in the signal (i.e., when the TV automatically switches to 3D mode), when you turn 3D off on your TV, you will see either the top or left halves of TAB and SBS. You will see the two halves of TAB or SBS when the TV is manually switched to 3D mode. You can try this by removing the 3D tags from file names. You will see that the TV doesn't automatically switch to 3D. As for VidOn XBMC, I think it is "dumb' and doesn't support any 3D tags. So, you have to manually switch the TV to 3D mode when playing H-SBS/H-TAB files.

ok i guess i was just wrong, i just got excited because its playing a 3D disc differently than any other player i have used.. still not totally convinced but i think i understand what your saying.

SORRY FOR MISLEADING PEOPLE

the apk is still there and it gives people the option to playback 3d iso files in Kodi without using vidon(at least for me on s905 its doing a better job than anything but the PI2) hopefully Koying and the Kodi team get that code into the main kodi at some point.

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - noggin - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 00:03)dukester Wrote: your probably right, im just going by how my TV behaves with 3D playback over multiple devices, the fact i cant bring up that 3d menu leads me to believe the output is the same as 3d output from a bluray player.. as thats the only other scenario i have encountered with 3d content that it doesnt allow you to bring up that 3D menu (except the Himedia player and PI2(in full 3d mode)) if it was over under output how come i cant see the 2 images top and bottom when i turn 3d off? with vidon xbmc you can. im just going by what im seeing, and how my TV is reacting to videos.. lol

Probably because it is possible to add flags to an HDMI stream that signal that the video is HSBS or HTAB as well as Frame Packed. In all three cases the TV will automatically go into 3D mode, as the TV knows the signal is 3D (so doesn't need to be manually switched). As a result you may not be able to bring up a 3D menu option, as that is for sources that are flagged as 2D and need to be manually overridden to get into 3D.

Could be that one box correctly flags SBS/TAB, the other doesn't.

RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - wrxtasy - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 15:49)dukester Wrote: ok i guess i was just wrong, i just got excited because its playing a 3D disc differently than any other player i have used.. still not totally convinced but i think i understand what your saying.

the apk is still there and it gives people the option to playback 3d iso files in Kodi without using vidon(at least for me on s905 its doing a better job than anything but the PI2) hopefully Koying and the Kodi team get that code into the main kodi at some point.
Don't worry man, so long as your happy with your 3D setup and results, that is what counts in the end.

I once got a wee bit excited about 1080p Netflix a while back, only to be told by those in the know it was definitely 480p !
3D is bloody hard to wrap your head around with all the modes and output permutations.

Looks like Trigu75 is making good progress on a Subscription free 3D AML Kodi.apk Smile

(2016-02-05, 16:04)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 00:03)dukester Wrote: your probably right, im just going by how my TV behaves with 3D playback over multiple devices, the fact i cant bring up that 3d menu leads me to believe the output is the same as 3d output from a bluray player.. as thats the only other scenario i have encountered with 3d content that it doesnt allow you to bring up that 3D menu (except the Himedia player and PI2(in full 3d mode)) if it was over under output how come i cant see the 2 images top and bottom when i turn 3d off? with vidon xbmc you can. im just going by what im seeing, and how my TV is reacting to videos.. lol

Probably because it is possible to add flags to an HDMI stream that signal that the video is HSBS or HTAB as well as Frame Packed. In all three cases the TV will automatically go into 3D mode, as the TV knows the signal is 3D (so doesn't need to be manually switched). As a result you may not be able to bring up a 3D display, as that is for sources that are flagged as 2D and need to be manually overridden to get into 3D.

Could be that one box correctly flags SBS/TAB, the other doesn't.

Maybe if someone with a beelink mini mx can give it a try as It seems the op isn't going to.

with hsbs stuff on a rpi I get auto switching to 3d but I can also pull up that 3d menu still.if what you just explained was the case, I shouldn't be able to correct?

Its may not be the box, it's probably koyings work he's done on kodi as that apk was just his latest github work compiled. Whatever the outcome is, it's still a step in the right direction.

(2016-02-05, 16:13)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 15:49)dukester Wrote: ok i guess i was just wrong, i just got excited because its playing a 3D disc differently than any other player i have used.. still not totally convinced but i think i understand what your saying.

Don't worry man, so long as your happy with your 3D setup and results, that is what counts in the end.

I'm not happy with it at all if it's not full 3D, and to be honest I'm not happy with the device at all in its current state,2gb of ram is needed ,and lots of work on AMLOGICs part for drivers or kernel work or something.

Quote:I once got a wee bit excited about 1080p Netflix a while back, only to be told by those in the know it was definitely 480p !
3D is bloody hard to wrap your head around with all the modes and output permutations.

Looks like Trigu75 is making good progress on a Subscription free 3D AML Kodi.apk Smile

Not sure trigu75 cares much, I think he compiled it for me just cause he's a nice guy and I asked him if he could. Big Grin Any progress you see is all koyings. I'm just impatient and didn't want to wait for an updated spmc