Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Meta video search addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] Meta video search addon (/showthread.php?tid=263065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - ed_davidson - 2016-07-15

Hi all,

Please can anyone help me with this script error. It comes up from time to time but really doesnt seem to effect the addon.

Thanks.

Code:
22:16:24 T:3516   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Dexter (2006)'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\user_2\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.meta\service.py", line 47, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "C:\Users\user_2\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.meta\service.py", line 43, in main
                                                update_library()
                                              File "C:\Users\user_2\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.meta\addon.py", line 89, in update_library
                                                meta.library.tvshows.update_library()
                                              File "C:\Users\user_2\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.meta\resources\lib\meta\library\tvshows.py", line 36, in update_library
                                                id = int(id)
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'Dexter (2006)'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - Quihico - 2016-07-21

(2016-07-15, 06:22)ed_davidson Wrote: Please can anyone help me with this script error. It comes up from time to time but really doesnt seem to effect the addon.
Meta uses tvdb_id as tvshow-name in it's library functions. Looks like you either moved the library folder to a different location or moved some other addon's library function to the same location as Meta's library folder and the show "Dexter" got added in non-meta-compatible format (i.e. title instead of tvdb_id). Meta can't handle that and errors out. Solution would be to undo the moving of folders.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - Tonypa - 2016-07-22

Is this add on still being maintained and updated? METATE/MIDRAAL where are you! Its all gone a bit quiet

I noticed a player update last night for Metalliq which has had all the names changed and that effectively blocks the use of 3rd party plugins to be used in the Meta add on. It even has a disclaimer saying these plugins will not work on the meta video addon!

Really?? I thought we all worked together to better a community not to block code from another.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - Quihico - 2016-07-22

(2016-07-22, 08:37)Tonypa Wrote: Is this add on still being maintained and updated? METATE/MIDRAAL where are you! Its all gone a bit quiet
No need to shout. What update or maintenance are you looking for? If there's a problem or you want to request something, you can create an issue on git.

(2016-07-22, 08:37)Tonypa Wrote: I noticed a player update last night for Metalliq which has had all the names changed and that effectively blocks the use of 3rd party plugins to be used in the Meta add on. It even has a disclaimer saying these plugins will not work on the meta video addon!
Nowhere is it stated that the plugins won't work with meta, just that the player files for metalliq have a different structure, most can still be converted quite easily. Also MetalliQ has some extra parameters not available in Meta so not all player can work even after converting them properly.
Up to now, OpenELEQ was maintaining players for Meta as well but those repo's have been removed and a metalliq-player-repo has taken it's place.

(2016-07-22, 08:37)Tonypa Wrote: Really?? I thought we all worked together to better a community not to block code from another.
No code has been blocked: MetalliQ is just a fork which is continuing on it's own path and considering you along with probably most users of MetalliQ tend to use it with 3rd party addons blacklisted on this forum, I do not think that's a bad thing.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - metate - 2016-07-22

I've been really busy in the last couple of months, still am.
I always said I would only work on it on my spare time.
Unfortunately, my daily work does not allow me to keep working on it as I want to.

As far as I can tell everything still works as expected, when things break terribly I will jump in.
Honestly, if I do have some spare time, I would prefer attempting implementation of features like automatic player generation rather than a 'mark as watched' within plugin feature (I personally only use Kodi's library).

Thus, If anyone wants to join as a developer (@GitHub project), please let me know - the only terms are to keep it legal :-)

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - primaeval - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-22, 10:40)Quihico Wrote: No code has been blocked: MetalliQ is just a fork which is continuing on it's own path and considering you along with probably most users of MetalliQ tend to use it with 3rd party addons blacklisted on this forum, I do not think that's a bad thing.

Could you or OpenELEQ fork Meta on Github so that the MetalliQ changes to Meta can be added back into the main code?

I could really do with a version of Meta which can keep up-to-date with the latest players. I have a made a few addons that depend on Meta for playback.

Tv Guide Fullscreen
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157
IMDb Advanced Title Search
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267358
IMDb Watchlists
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284944
TV Listings (xmltv)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278372

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - G0AT - 2016-09-28

I figured out how to fix the library issue with future unaired episodes that have blank dates on TVDB showing up in the library. It turned out to be very simple:

In resources\lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.py under class episode/def has_aired, change return flexible to return False

Metalliq has the same issue, and the same fix.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - loki131 - 2016-10-05

+1 for G0AT's library fix, I've applied it to both my Win10 and OpenELEC machine and it works perfectly! I for one would love for it to be merged into the main branch Smile

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - Elderberry - 2016-10-23

I dont see any live players at all in my meta config.

Is there a way to recover these as i have numerous add ons that supply. Thx

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - moshep15 - 2016-10-25

well meta player is a nice soultion for searching sources in multiple addons but still very annoying when u need to create a player for every addon that came up and most of the time its not working.
addons changed very often and sometime blocking the search. well the meta idea is greate but need some improvment like an option in meta for what quality search i want under multiple addon search in real time.
today to search 1080p links i need to search for each addon separately and sometime that frustrating. a multiple search function by choosing witch addons will be searched and what quality will be played when a 1080p url will be found will played automaticly, i think that will improve kodi in many ways for easy life.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - primaeval - 2016-10-25

(2016-10-25, 10:10)moshep15 Wrote: well meta player is a nice soultion for searching sources in multiple addons but still very annoying when u need to create a player for every addon that came up and most of the time its not working.
addons changed very often and sometime blocking the search. well the meta idea is greate but need some improvment like an option in meta for what quality search i want under multiple addon search in real time.
today to search 1080p links i need to search for each addon separately and sometime that frustrating. a multiple search function by choosing witch addons will be searched and what quality will be played when a 1080p url will be found will played automaticly, i think that will improve kodi in many ways for easy life.

Meta would be a perfect solution to addon searches if Kodiland was truly a community.

However, you will soon learn that it is really lots of little fiefdoms that don't want to share their streams and code with anyone else, even if that means the users have to suffer.

Even addon devs that don't make any money from advertising block and obsfucate their code to stop people sharing it.
It sucks.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - primaeval - 2017-01-19

Hi metate. Is the new Github repo still yours but with a name change to roee88?
https://github.com/roee88/meta4kodi

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - G0AT - 2017-02-13

(2016-10-05, 21:14)loki131 Wrote: +1 for G0AT's library fix, I've applied it to both my Win10 and OpenELEC machine and it works perfectly! I for one would love for it to be merged into the main branch Smile

Loki messaged me that the fix for blank air dates was no longer working. For some reason, it won't let me respond to your PM, so I'll address the issue here.

You should double check the tvdb_api.py file. Chances are that the fix is no longer in place, as a new version of Meta (1.1.6 I believe) was issued at the beginning of February. Alter the code as before, and it should work for you.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - DarrenHill - 2017-02-13

You haven't quite got enough valid posts made yet to have the PM capability enabled on your account, although you are very close.

RE: [Release] Meta video search addon - G0AT - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-13, 16:37)DarrenHill Wrote: You haven't quite got enough valid posts made yet to have the PM capability enabled on your account, although you are very close.

That's what I figured, thanks!