Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- CoinTos - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:No reason why it shouldn't work. XBMC keeps track of which view mode is set where iirc.
I'll take your request in consideration concerning InfoList.

Well, after reviewing my log on debug and coming up empty, I looked for where view modes were stored as you had suggested and deleted that db. Now, every show except The A-Team is showing the low list view (yay). When I try to set it on The A-Team it reverts to List. Ah well, guess it goes to show that you can't mess with The A-Team.

Thanks for your help and also for the consideration on the request.

- Shinu - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:That Bannerview looks quite impressive :cool2:
Might be hard to make it look good with scrolling though (look at the left and right most thumbs in showcase for instance, they fade and slide to give it a natural sliding list look).
Multiplex looks too similar to the Stripshow view in git version, so I won't make that one.
I really like the way the flags and info is shown in the Horizontal Info views.
I think I can combine them in one view. I'll definitely keep these in mind for a new view. Thx for sharing, your mockups are excellent as always Nod

I'm glad u liked em'. I got the idea for the bannerview from the Ellipsis skin ...

I've never even seen the stripshow view. guess it's time to start using the git version. Laugh

- fional - 2011-07-29

Rygrath Wrote:Hey, Big_Noid.

Just updated the GiT version a few minutes ago. The new side menu is really nice.

What's the new side menu like? What does it replace/do?

If it's been shown before, I'm sorry for being daft...I do read this several times a day Tongue

I'd check for myself, but I'm nervous to go to the nightly Tongue

- paendorz - 2011-07-29

paendorz Wrote:Any chance to add a check character next to watched episodes in Episode view?

The overlay is okay if you are in front of the tv/monitor but otherwise it's hard to notice.

Example:
Alaska Revisited:

Aeon Nox:

I didn't see a reply from Big_Noid so I'm bumping it, just in case.

- Martijn - 2011-07-29

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:No problems wwith lowlist here. Only with TV-Guido however i think maybe it has to do with the TV-Guide script. Reported the problem on their forum and will post my log there.

Big Noid,

I posted my debug log @ TV guide and they think that Aeon-Nox is trying to load a file that isn't there "logo.png".
Here's the respons:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=849814&postcount=257
This is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/QQn2iN3m

- kyotocafe - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:That Bannerview looks quite impressive :cool2:
Might be hard to make it look good with scrolling though (look at the left and right most thumbs in showcase for instance, they fade and slide to give it a natural sliding list look).
Multiplex looks too similar to the Stripshow view in git version, so I won't make that one.
I really like the way the flags and info is shown in the Horizontal Info views.
I think I can combine them in one view. I'll definitely keep these in mind for a new view. Thx for sharing, your mockups are excellent as always Nod

Wow, those Shinu's mockups are indeed amazing. Very good job.
I really like the New Bannerview and Horizontal Info (Big Poster)!

- Smobbo - 2011-07-29

Shinu Wrote:Oh BTW Noid. I put together some viewtype mockups and thought I'd share. If you like them, maybe you can implement them into the skin sometime in the future Nod Tell me what you think...

New Bannerview

Horizontal Info (Big Poster)

Horizontal Info (Small Posters)

Multiplex (no info)

These views aren't entirely my original ideas. They're inspired by Cirrus and other skins I've seen online. I have a couple other TV Show ideas, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them as yet. Hope u like these though.

I really like your Horizontal Info (Big Poster) view! It shows al the info, without making the poster small or letting it appear double (like in showcase)!

paendorz Wrote:I didn't see a reply from Big_Noid so I'm bumping it, just in case.

I for one hope he doesn't change it! I think the green 'watched' sign is really nice and not to intrusive, while still remaining very noticable! Smile

Going to the newest git now! Curious about the side menu :Big Grin:!

Keep up the great work Big_Noid!

- Martijn - 2011-07-29

Smobbo Wrote:I really like your Horizontal Info (Big Poster) view! It shows al the info, without making the poster small or letting it appear double (like in showcase)!

I for one hope he doesn't change it! I think the green 'watched' sign is really nice and not to intrusive, while still remaining very noticable! Smile

Going to the newest git now! Curious about the side menu :Big Grin:!

Keep up the great work Big_Noid!

Tried it out last night. It's a big impovement Big Grin
However there are still some small things that need tweaking.

- BigNoid - 2011-07-29

paendorz Wrote:I didn't see a reply from Big_Noid so I'm bumping it, just in case.
Missed this I guess. I can add a watched indicator to the list part.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid,

I posted my debug log @ TV guide and they think that Aeon-Nox is trying to load a file that isn't there "logo.png".
Here's the respons:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=849814&postcount=257
This is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/QQn2iN3m
Yeah, those are the logo's. I can't help with why it won't load the logos. usually this justmeans XBMC can't access the file on the given location.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Tried it out last night. It's a big impovement Big Grin
However there are still some small things that need tweaking.
Yeah, tried to fix most things. Please let me know if there are any issues left.

- Martijn - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:Missed this I guess. I can add a watched indicator to the list part.

Yeah, those are the logo's. I can't help with why it won't load the logos. usually this justmeans XBMC can't access the file on the given location.

Yeah, tried to fix most things. Please let me know if there are any issues left.

As you requested Cool
Here some things i came across testing the new skin.
Bugs/missng/ideas
Code:
Search/filter not same as in movies

Some music views cdart disc start spinning while browsing when no song is playing

Some mediamenu things...
Music:
wall: fanartart option isn't propperly aligned, no darker fanart
low list: no darker fanart
darker not available in low list, filter has no "filter text" or textcursor
infowall: option "background 1 & 2" check option not visible. Should this be darker fanart as it appears to do this?
cd case: no darker fanart
list: no option hide cdart.
       maybe an idea when you press "key RIGHT (like in lowlist)"to show info of the current selected track.
       so shifting the CDArt of screen or make it smaller and displaying the info.

movies:
Dvd case: option "audio stream/ subtitle, country" and "plot, plot outline" don't always work or is available in different layouts
infowall: option "background 1 & 2" check option not visible. Should this be darker fanart as it appears to do this?
bigfan: no darker fanart, filter and search both available
posters(slide mode on): no darker fanart. watched/new not available
poster (slide mode off): watched/new doesn't work
low list (lower list of): shows(videocodec,AR,1080/720,audio codec)
low list (lower list on): show (movie studio, movie rating, 1080/720, audio code)
    so not consistent or is this supposed to be?
    show info not visible in "lower list" so maybe disable
    only watched "check"available. Maybe something to mark new ones?

only low list has trailer button button

cdart still little bit visible while in movie browsing.
maybe completly show playing cdart as there's enough room at top of the screen.
although it then will be on top op de arrow for chosing viewtype.
list view: is only one that has round covers option. watched/unwatched not available
showcase: when chosing hide while scrolling the choose time option pop ups.
stripshow: no different layout selection

chosing same layout twice diable layout view so "please select layout" is visible
option not consistent. somethimes "audio stream/ subtitle, country" other ""audio stream/ subtitle, genre"
Sorry abou't the long list. Can't help that it's my profession to find small problems or improvements Nerd
Love what you've done and it's hard work to track all changes that you make when you redesign the menu on this scale.
Hopes this helps improving this skin even more
I will wait a couple of days to update dutch language file. Saw there are some changes in the string id's

- BigNoid - 2011-07-29

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:As you requested Cool
Here some things i came across testing the new skin.
Bugs/missng/ideas
Code:
Search/filter not same as in movies

Some music views cdart disc start spinning while browsing when no song is playing

Some mediamenu things...
Music:
wall: fanartart option isn't propperly aligned, no darker fanart
low list: no darker fanart
darker not available in low list, filter has no "filter text" or textcursor
cd case: no darker fanart
list: no option hide cdart.
       maybe an idea when you press "key RIGHT (like in lowlist)"to show info of the current selected track.
       so shifting the CDArt of screen or make it smaller and displaying the info.

movies:
Dvd case: option "audio stream/ subtitle, country" and "plot, plot outline" don't always work or is available in different layouts
bigfan: no darker fanart, filter and search both available
posters(slide mode on): no darker fanart. watched/new not available
poster (slide mode off): watched/new doesn't work
low list (lower list of): shows(videocodec,AR,1080/720,audio codec)
low list (lower list on): show (movie studio, movie rating, 1080/720, audio code)
    so not consistent or is this supposed to be?
    show info not visible in "lower list" so maybe disable
    only watched "check"available. Maybe something to mark new ones?

only low list has trailer button button

cdart still little bit visible while in movie browsing.
maybe completly show playing cdart as there's enough room at top of the screen.
although it then will be on top op de arrow for chosing viewtype.
list view: is only one that has round covers option. watched/unwatched not available
showcase: when chosing hide while scrolling the choose time option pop ups.
stripshow: no different layout selection

chosing same layout twice diable layout view so "please select layout" is visible
option not consistent. somethimes "audio stream/ subtitle, country" other ""audio stream/ subtitle, genre"
Sorry abou't the long list. Can't help that it's my profession to find small problems or improvements Nerd
Love what you've done and it's hard work to track all changes that you make when you redesign the menu on this scale.
Hopes this helps improving this skin even more
I will wait a couple of days to update dutch language file. Saw there are some changes in the string id's

Thx for testing, not all are bugs (more features Wink) but a lot are indeed bugs. Some views I forgot to finish, like the poster slide and stripshow view for movies. Fixed a good couple of issues already.
EDIT:Background 1 and 2 is a toggle to switch between fanart overlays. 1 is equal fade and 2 is an overlay with brighter top and bottom. I switched countless times between the two and now I just made it an option to choose from.

- Martijn - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:Thx for testing, not all are bugs (more features Wink) but a lot are indeed bugs. Some views I forgot to finish, like the poster slide and stripshow view for movies. Fixed a good couple of issues already.
EDIT:Background 1 and 2 is a toggle to switch between fanart overlays. 1 is equal fade and 2 is an overlay with brighter top and bottom. I switched countless times between the two and now I just made it an option to choose from.
I didn't say they where all bugs Laugh
In the mean time i may have added some new things to the same post while i was playing with the skin. See last edit time. So maybe reread the post to be sure.

Maybe changing the text so it's clearer what is does.
Also have some other textual changes that may better fit the skin both for Englisch and Dutch. I'll test these ideas out and let you know or give a "pull request".
Then you can decide if you'll like it.

- BigNoid - 2011-07-29

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I didn't say they where all bugs Laugh
In the mean time i may have added some new things to the same post while i was playing with the skin. See last edit time. So maybe reread the post to be sure.

Maybe changing the text so it's clearer what is does.
Also have some other textual changes that may better fit the skin both for Englisch and Dutch. I'll test these ideas out and let you know or give a "pull request".
Then you can decide if you'll like it.
The missing dark fanart options is intentional. Only views with the floor have this.
The flags in info list are intentional different for low and high list, maybe now with the option to disable extra info it is indeed inconsistent.
Filter and search are two very different functions. Both should always be available.
Might be a good idea to show new indicator in list views, must find an icon for this first.
I don't understand the thing with 2 arrows on viewtype select button.
Round covers is only for list view and on top of that only for posters.

- ady199 - 2011-07-29

This really is a fantastic skin - many thanks

2 questions if I may:-

When playing a music file, how do I bring up the menu to control the track (pause, play, stop, etc. etc.)

How can I remove album art from an album - one of the albums is showing incorrect album art and i need to remove it so I can manually add art

(I'm running XBMC on an Apple TV 2)

Thanks in advance

- Martijn - 2011-07-29

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't understand the thing with 2 arrows on viewtype select button.
This was about the thing i told you a while ago and i saw you've made some changes (can't remember/find which post).
It's about when you play some music and it show the coverart+spinning cdart in upperleft corner.
When you go to the movies library it did still show some part.
I think you have changed it in the mean time but there still a little part of the spinning disc visible. It's hard to see in the screenshot but while it's spinning it's more obvious.

(This is in movie library)

I suggested that you make it the same as in music library (This is in music library)

Just tried it with the mediamenu and it doesn't look that bad.(This is in movie library)

But you talked about you couldn't make this the same in movie as in music because you needed some room for ..(something can't remember)..

(Note: i have breadcrumbs turned on)

Edit 1: While in movie stripview with info visible and press twice DOWN in othe views the info hides to show full fanart however here it doesn't.

Edit 2:
When playlist finishes the cdart keeps spinning in visualazation mode. When you press "STOP" it doesn't stop spinning.
Also there's some weird looking picture in the bottom right corner which says "dharma type"