Kodi Community Forum
Release Internet Archive - archive.org - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Internet Archive - archive.org (/showthread.php?tid=180623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2023-07-27

^Thanks for the info and getting back to me.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2023-08-08

Well, it was fun while it lasted (8 years!), but I guess all good things must come to an end. I've looked at the site, but not sure where to go with it. Seems like I'd run into something similar with another add-on a few years back, but damned if I can remember what I did to solve it, or if I was even successful doing so. My time is extremely limited now, but maybe @gujal has some ideas?

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2023-09-02

(2023-07-27, 00:33)gujal Wrote: The entire site has been rewritten with javascript all around. Have to redo the main menu completely.
Search still works as I had coded it 3 months ago for the new mechanism
@gujal

Hi

Was just wondering if you have looked at this, since the last post.  Thanks

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - NotFlexo - 2023-09-15

I'd like to add my request to barney63's and ask if someone would be kind enough to fix this addon. Thank you.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - 27hectormanuel - 2023-09-16

To me the search function is what really matters and that works flawlessly

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2023-09-16

So what if you don't know what you want to watch and just want to browse to see what's available ie channel surf.  What if I want to see a certain category listing of similar shows, a search is not designed for that.

Let's not handcuff people who want to add functionality and user friendliness.  Ask for features and let the developer tell you what they are willing to do or not do.

When I was testing the CBC Sports addon for jbinkley60 he kept adding functionality far beyond what I originally would have been happy with and made it a very good addon.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - 27hectormanuel - 2023-09-17

(2023-09-16, 18:32)barney63 Wrote: So what if you don't know what you want to watch and just want to browse to see what's available ie channel surf.  What if I want to see a certain category listing of similar shows, a search is not designed for that.

Let's not handcuff people who want to add functionality and user friendliness.  Ask for features and let the developer tell you what they are willing to do or not do.

When I was testing the CBC Sports addon for jbinkley60 he kept adding functionality far beyond what I originally would have been happy with and made it a very good addon.
You are onto something I did not think about. In the mean time I use my phone to surf through the archive and then pass to the addon via search

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2024-03-25

@barney63 @27hectormanuel @NotFlexo @AntiPontifex @03stevensmi

Finally got around to rewrite the addon from scratch. This is Python3 only, so will work on Kodi 19.0 and above including 21RC1. If testing goes well, will submit it to official kodi repo
Please go ahead, test and provide any feedback
Code:
https://gujal00.github.io/plugin.video.archive.org-1.0.0~alpha1.zip

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2024-03-25

@gujal

Can't thank you enough for this good ending to a frustrating night.  Timing couldn't be better as I have been rebuilding my setup with the latest Kodi and Windows 10 (yuck).  After very little preliminary testing the addon seems to be working well.  The only very nitpicky issue I've seen is I added The World at War to My Favourites and the the graphic for it is the generic star whereas before it was a proper screenshot.  Early days I know for being so nitpicky but I guess that shows what a good job was done for an alpha release.  Search also worked well.

Thanks gujal.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2024-03-25

Nice job @gujal!

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2024-03-25

(2024-03-25, 12:05)barney63 Wrote: @gujal

Can't thank you enough for this good ending to a frustrating night.  Timing couldn't be better as I have been rebuilding my setup with the latest Kodi and Windows 10 (yuck).  After very little preliminary testing the addon seems to be working well.  The only very nitpicky issue I've seen is I added The World at War to My Favourites and the the graphic for it is the generic star whereas before it was a proper screenshot.  Early days I know for being so nitpicky but I guess that shows what a good job was done for an alpha release.  Search also worked well.

Thanks gujal.
Is The World at War a search term or a collection? As the addon is now using full api, there are thumbnails missing for quite a few items. On a web browser, these get a 404 and the javascript then populates a generic icon for those items. Didnt want to replicate that as I am pulling 100 items at a time and it would mean I would then have to make a 100 calls to see which thumbs are available before setting up the listitem.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2024-03-25

@gujal

The World at War is a series consisting of 37 episodes.  I did a search on The World at War and it brought up many of the individual episodes.

Halfway down the page of search results is one called The World at War (1973) - Thames Television.  That is the entire series of 37 episodes.

To the left of that in the description is the thumbnail I was getting in My Favourites previously when I right clicked and added the series to My Favourites in the old addon.

That was the only issue I found in a very quick look at the new addon.  Great job

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2024-03-26

@barney63 @27hectormanuel @NotFlexo @AntiPontifex @03stevensmi @MetalChris

Audio functionality also enabled now in Alpha2. If you install the below zip, you will see the addon under both Video Addons and Audio Addons and would work accordingly

Code:
https://gujal00.github.io/plugin.video.archive.org-1.0.0~alpha2.zip

Please go ahead, test and provide any feedback

I will check why favourites is missing thumbnails

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2024-03-26

@gujal

Thanks for the audio section, I had forgotten about it.

I did a search for The World at War (1973) - Thames Television and was able to play the episodes from the listing.

But when I tried to play them from the My Favourites link, the listing showed up (as normal) but Eps 3 and 9 (the ones I tested) would only play audio but no video.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2024-03-26

(2024-03-26, 02:54)barney63 Wrote: @gujal

But when I tried to play them from the My Favourites link, the listing showed up (as normal) but Eps 3 and 9 (the ones I tested) would only play audio but no video.

okay located a couple of bugs related to the favourites. I have pushed an updated Alpha2 zip. Please delete the favourites you created earlier. Redownload the alpha2 zip, install and test.