Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - wcndave - 2020-04-21

(2020-04-20, 21:49)xenophrenia Wrote: never considered that a remote would work with a Raspberry Pi I guess - I've been using it for years and it's worked quite well for me and what I use it for (mainly Plex and YouTube) ... don't have to go much beyond that unless I'm having an issue or re-install Kodi it seems ... 

anyway - I'll look into a remote but frankly I'm so used to using the mouse for the limited things I watch I may find the 'getting used to a different way of doing things' more frustrating than its worth ... I see there's a way of using a smart phone I might look into ... this started as a way to put YouTube on the TV with very limited funds and just kept using it that way ... but I'm open to finding out if something is an easier or better way of doing it ;-) ...

If you really only want youtube, then personally I would run it with raspian and just use a browser in fullscreen (less to maintain and update and full YT experience). 
Not sure how you enter your searches and so on with just a mouse.  I'd at least go for a keyboard like this if you're mostly on youtube.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-04-21

(2020-04-20, 21:49)xenophrenia Wrote: anyway - I'll look into a remote but frankly I'm so used to using the mouse for the limited things I watch I may find the 'getting used to a different way of doing things' more frustrating than its worth ... I see there's a way of using a smart phone I might look into ... this started as a way to put YouTube on the TV with very limited funds and just kept using it that way ... but I'm open to finding out if something is an easier or better way of doing it ;-) ... 
Just get one of the kodi remote control apps from the app store (either Android or Apple).

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - wcndave - 2020-04-21

(2020-04-21, 16:56)donbrew Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 21:49)xenophrenia Wrote: anyway - I'll look into a remote but frankly I'm so used to using the mouse for the limited things I watch I may find the 'getting used to a different way of doing things' more frustrating than its worth ... I see there's a way of using a smart phone I might look into ... this started as a way to put YouTube on the TV with very limited funds and just kept using it that way ... but I'm open to finding out if something is an easier or better way of doing it ;-) ... 
Just get one of the kodi remote control apps from the app store (either Android or Apple). 
Yer, that's cool, although if you're charging your phone....  Still, a nice instant working cheap option!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-04-22

What does charging the phone got to do with it, they work while plugged in?  If you are like most people you have a drawer full of old Android smart phones; they still connect to your home wifi network, that's all you need.  In fact, you could use the web interface and control from a PC/laptop/Mac.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xenophrenia - 2020-04-22

(2020-04-21, 08:21)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 21:49)xenophrenia Wrote: never considered that a remote would work with a Raspberry Pi I guess - I've been using it for years and it's worked quite well for me and what I use it for (mainly Plex and YouTube) ... don't have to go much beyond that unless I'm having an issue or re-install Kodi it seems ... 

anyway - I'll look into a remote but frankly I'm so used to using the mouse for the limited things I watch I may find the 'getting used to a different way of doing things' more frustrating than its worth ... I see there's a way of using a smart phone I might look into ... this started as a way to put YouTube on the TV with very limited funds and just kept using it that way ... but I'm open to finding out if something is an easier or better way of doing it ;-) ...

If you really only want youtube, then personally I would run it with raspian and just use a browser in fullscreen (less to maintain and update and full YT experience). 
Not sure how you enter your searches and so on with just a mouse.  I'd at least go for a keyboard like this if you're mostly on youtube.

;-) ... I create playlists ... or use the Watch Later list ... I spend most of my time on my computer so I just make a playlist and use that ... but this looks good ... it seems I'm amazing some people with my Flinstone setup ... will look into an Android app as well - that might be helpful ...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - wcndave - 2020-04-22

(2020-04-22, 00:37)donbrew Wrote: What does charging the phone got to do with it, they work while plugged in?  If you are like most people you have a drawer full of old Android smart phones; they still connect to your home wifi network, that's all you need.  In fact, you could use the web interface and control from a PC/laptop/Mac.

That may well work for you, and I see nothing wrong with it.
In my case, if my phone is charging in my office, I can't use it in my living room.  It's nice to leave a dedicated remote next to my TV for everything.  Using a Universal remote means only one remote too.
I am looking for a wife and family friendly solution, and a mobile just isn't it in my case.  It's like having a remote for your smart TV, you could also use phone, however most people don't.  Picking up a remote is a well understood and familiar experience, however instead of one for each of DVD, BR, VHS, TV, Stero, I have just one universal one + a little keypad stored in the coffee table for those occasional YT searches that require typing.

I am only offering alternate solutions, yours is just as valid, for a different set of users / requirements.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Deezle - 2020-04-22

(2020-04-21, 08:21)wcndave Wrote:

Looks interesting! What is it called and where can I buy it?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - stop2k - 2020-04-22

Finally got bothered enough to get this plugin set up with API keys and all that.  Been working great for the last few months, but a few days ago, it started throwing some errors on some channels and/or videos.

My Subscriptions = error every time
Subscriptions = Some channels will load, some will not
Watch Later = Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

I had 2 videos in Watch Later, the plugin loads the list just fine.  I added a 3rd video, the plugin throws an error.  Removed that video, and it works fine again.  Here are the log entries from this exercise:

https://paste.kodi.tv/tanopedejo.kodi

Any help or anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

Oh...
Kodi 18.6 / LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 4
Youtube Addon 6.7.0

Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FXB78 - 2020-04-22

Is the space deliberate? Path: /channel/mine/playlist/ WL/ ... this seems to cause ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/%20WL/)

Can you try it without the space or did you not set the name?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - wcndave - 2020-04-22

(2020-04-22, 12:43)Deezle Wrote: Looks interesting! What is it called and where can I buy it? 
Mini BlueTooth Keyboard

(2020-04-22, 14:24)FXB78 Wrote: Is the space deliberate? Path: /channel/mine/playlist/ WL/ ... this seems to cause ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/%20WL/)

Can you try it without the space or did you not set the name?

That was a straight copy/paste with no editing.  As far as I can tell, that's wouldn't be a user provided config anyways.

The error that is common to "My Subscriptions" and "Subscriptions/Channels", is at the end of the traceback:

txt:
ValueError: time data u'2020-04-16T23:36:15Z' does not match format '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ

To my eye, that date string is a perfect match to the format string.

It's odd that it's complaining about dates from a week ago.

Wait.. that's the key.  I just went through one of my subscriptions, and adding this video to the Watch Later will trigger the error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOcG9j0CSCA

Here's the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1nZUpPS6jFv5Pn3f85CaA/

Some other channels with videos causing this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHkYOD-3fZbuGhwsADBd9ZQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIveFvW-ARp_B_RckhweNJw

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the meta data?  Maybe some hidden characters in the date string that pyton isn't liking?

Thanks for looking!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-04-22

@stop2k 
See post #2 for 6.7.1~alpha1
Code:
[fix] error caused by timestamp formatting

(2020-04-22, 21:20)anxdpanic Wrote: @stop2k 
Code:

Thanks for that!  Quick and easy fix while we wait for the release.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - PaulC2K - 2020-04-23

(2020-04-22, 22:03)stop2k Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 21:20)anxdpanic Wrote: @stop2k 
Code:

Thanks for that!  Quick and easy fix while we wait for the release.   

I also want to add my thanks to those above for this. It'd been driving me nut the last few days, because it seemed to be hit & miss whether certain areas (subs, history, later, watched etc) would error or load. Now tonight it was worse, and some channels would load their list, others wouldnt, and i was actively able to 'break' things like the 'watch later' area by adding & removing specific videos. I'd seen the error in the log a few days back, but the only topic of interest seemed to be bloomin keyboards and I wasnt convinced there was an addon flaw that'd only now popped up.

So again, thx for asking and for having the solution readily available, too.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-04-23

I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.0~beta1
Code:
~beta1
[add] support for video comments, Comments in the More... dialog |contrib: doko-desuka|
[add] simulate deprecated recommended home API |contrib: hedleyroos|
[fix] fix Premiere's exiting after 5 seconds |contrib: jpfox156|
[fix] playlists over json-rpc |contrib: JasperE84|
[lang] de_de strings |contrib: tweimer|

~alpha1
[lang] es_es strings |contrib: roliverosc|
[lang] pt_pt strings |contrib: daniel3x|