Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-08-24

They are working for me Kodi 17.4 inputstream.adaptive 2.0.10, and Kodi 18 inputstream.adaptive 2.0.12

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - peak3d - 2017-08-24

(2017-08-24, 19:47)A600 Wrote: @anxdpanic: could you check if you can play them?

Will be fixed with inputstream.adaptive 2.0.13.
Just a side note: Youtube provides many different flavours of DASH manifest file.
It will take some time to get all of then running.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - A600 - 2017-08-24

@peak3d: Thanks!

edit: tried your latest inputstream.adaptive commit and they are working now.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Islander3153 - 2017-08-25

(2017-08-24, 16:03)anxdpanic Wrote: Thanks for the heads up A600, that change made automatic the equivalent to auto-translated instead of auto-generated. Will look to add auto-generated back into that.

@Islander3153: Looks like either an underlying dependency issue, or environment issue. Not proficient in linux enviroments, but the first thing I would try is:

sudo pip install urllib3

Long run, may be easier to start fresh and migrate userdata/addon_data/<addon> folders only though.

Thanks, tried but this what I get: (running it in a console at /storage; maybe i need to change to something else than /storage?)

##############################################
# LibreELEC #
# http://libreelec.tv #
##############################################

LibreELEC (official) Version: 8.0.2
LibreELEC:~ # sudo pip install urllib3

There is no working 'sudo'.

On debian/ubuntu/all general purpose linux distributions 'sudo'
allows a permitted user to execute a command as the superuser
or another user, as specified by the security policy

With LibreELEC you have root access by default, so you dont need 'sudo'

LibreELEC:~ # pip install urllib3
-sh: pip: not found
LibreELEC:~ # install urllib3

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2017-08-25

Thought that may be the case with LE, sorry can't be of more help myself. Hopefully someone else may be able to help.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - arsMOBILIS - 2017-08-25

(2017-08-23, 03:32)anxdpanic Wrote: @arsMOBILIS: Setting Min Bandwidth to 10000000 or greater in inputstream.adaptive, and a desktop/Kodi resolution of 1920x1080 or greater and Kodi in fullscreen not windowed should yield 1080 results.
Thanks, I actually solved my issue today. When I first enabled DASH on my Windows Kodi YouTube addon, I set the inputstream.adaptive max resolutions to 1080p but Stream Selection was already set to Auto so I left it that way. Today however I realized that Stream Selection was actually Manual, despite what the setting page said, and the first available stream was playing, which was also the lowest res. Once I realized this and found I was able to manually choose the 1080p stream successfully, I explicitly changed the setting to Manual, then changed it back to Auto again, and now the YouTube addon successfully chooses the 1080p stream automatically if it exists. No idea how the setting page originally showed Auto stream selection even though it was actually Manual. I didn't have this problem when I did the same setup on my Android OTT box.

Watch Later auto-remove - arsMOBILIS - 2017-08-25

I wonder if I'm misunderstanding the Auto-Remove from 'Watch Later' setting. I have this turned on, but after watching a video from my Watch Later list, it is not removed from the queue. In fact, if I go to my queue and manually select Remove, I get the message "YouTube: PlaylistItemNotFound" pop up, and the video remains in the watch later queue. I am using personal API keys, but IIRC the same thing was happening when I was using the default API keys.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Jondar - 2017-08-25

(2017-08-25, 04:17)arsMOBILIS Wrote: I wonder if I'm misunderstanding the Auto-Remove from 'Watch Later' setting. I have this turned on, but after watching a video from my Watch Later list, it is not removed from the queue. In fact, if I go to my queue and manually select Remove, I get the message "YouTube: PlaylistItemNotFound" pop up, and the video remains in the watch later queue. I am using personal API keys, but IIRC the same thing was happening when I was using the default API keys.

I've had that happen to me as well, and I concluded that a listing of videos is slightly cached, so try using "Refresh" from the context menu on a video that you haven't watched: this should then get rid of the watched videos.

~Jondar

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - arsMOBILIS - 2017-08-25

(2017-08-25, 04:58)Jondar Wrote: ...try using "Refresh" from the context menu on a video that you haven't watched...

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. There doesn't appear to be any way to remove videos from Watch Later with the Kodi YouTube addon. I removed a bunch of vids in that queue manually from a web browser and then using the "Refresh" button in the addon does update the list, but Manual and Auto-Remove from Watch Later just isn't working.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2017-08-26

(2017-08-25, 20:46)arsMOBILIS Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 04:58)Jondar Wrote: ...try using "Refresh" from the context menu on a video that you haven't watched...

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. There doesn't appear to be any way to remove videos from Watch Later with the Kodi YouTube addon. I removed a bunch of vids in that queue manually from a web browser and then using the "Refresh" button in the addon does update the list, but Manual and Auto-Remove from Watch Later just isn't working.

If you're talking about youtube's watch later, then no you cannot remove or add videos to it as the API doesn't support Watch Later or History.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-08-26

And to further add to this subject, please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 of this thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2299963#pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Tarkus_ - 2017-08-26

(2017-08-26, 05:51)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 20:46)arsMOBILIS Wrote:

If you're talking about youtube's watch later, then no you cannot remove or add videos to it as the API doesn't support Watch Later or History.

Jeff

So why is "Auto-Remove from 'Watch Later'" in the settings?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2017-08-26

(2017-08-26, 21:17)Tarkus_ Wrote: So why is "Auto-Remove from 'Watch Later'" in the settings?

Did you read my previous post, the one directly before yours? All of the answers and instructions relating to this question are there.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2017-08-26

mmmmmmmmm... i look alpha3 it's been post on github....

Thanks...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ix400 - 2017-08-27

With regard to the „bad request“ fix via the google cloud platform: I can not finish the the registration for the google cloud as described in post #2, since it seems that the credit card information is mandatory for the registration. Is this new?