Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Kokonutcreme - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-19, 23:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Also, it's just nice to give all the elements on the screen a chance to breathe rather than trying to cramp every single piece of art/info on screen at once. 
 +1, never quite understood the appeal or reasoning of including discart on an information page.  What purpose does it serve other than eye candy?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-20, 08:09)iophobia Wrote: Is there a design reasoning that you went with 6 channels instead of Aura's 9 in EPG view? Sorry for bugging you Wink

Not bugging me at all! Discussion about features etc. is great (with the caveat that people don't get upset if I veto a suggestion).

In Aura the padding to the screen edges is a lot tighter (60px vs 120px in AZ2) so Aura is able to have a little bit of extra vertical height on a standard list row (90px vs 78px in AZ2).
I found 78px was slightly too cramped for the icons, so I upped the row height for PVR in AZ2 by 150% to 117px. That way the rows still fit neatly into the space of 9 standard rows, leaving one standard row at the top for timeline and group-switcher (vertical view space is 780px in AZ2).

Settings and Dialogs

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - fighuass - 2019-02-20

Do you have a short summary of the biggest new changes/features since the original A:Z? Obviously the design has upgraded, but besides that.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Blurayx - 2019-02-20

Take note for anyone who wants to add unnecessary eye candy  Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Crustybeaver - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-20, 08:57)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 23:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Also, it's just nice to give all the elements on the screen a chance to breathe rather than trying to cramp every single piece of art/info on screen at once. 
 +1, never quite understood the appeal or reasoning of including discart on an information page.  What purpose does it serve other than eye candy? 
That's cool it doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean that others share your opinion. I guess you could express the same view for the poster art, fanart and logo art that is currently present in Arctic Zephyr. But hey ho

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Crustybeaver - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-20, 12:22)Blurayx Wrote: Take note for anyone who wants to add unnecessary eye candy  Smile

You're aware that discart is currently present in Arctic Zephyr right? If it doesn't appeal to you, you just don't add the image, simple. BUT I happen to use it with all my movies and it looks great. Maybe that's in part due to being a Graphic Designer using high resolution art and being very selective about the images I choose. Of course it may be that you don't have a creative eye for selecting good artwork so your interface looks less clean.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - sabre6 - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:
juirlalmunkey, I am a big fan.  I am using Aura now, and the only thing for me is the EPG.  I know this is your baby, just putting it out there. 

-For the EPG, maybe a show info box (not preview, or pip), that would have ie, plot, SxExx, New/ Orig Air date, most important for sports the team playing.  Just a minimal box to avoid extra clicks.
-Perhaps remove the genre text, and make one row of text, allowing more channels per page.  Could also have option for genre colors
-Colored line for current time - i know it has shading, but i still have hard time sensing the where we are on the EPG. 

This is just a capture of Titan - just for ideas. 
Thank you!

(2019-02-20, 14:41)Crustybeaver Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 12:22)Blurayx Wrote: Take note for anyone who wants to add unnecessary eye candy  Smile

You're aware that discart is currently present in Arctic Zephyr right? If it doesn't appeal to you, you just don't add the image, simple. BUT I happen to use it with all my movies and it looks great. Maybe that's in part due to being a Graphic Designer using high resolution art and being very selective about the images I choose. Of course it may be that you don't have a creative eye for selecting good artwork so your interface looks less clean.
Are you aware jurialmunkey has already stated he will not be adding this feature. He wants to keep it simple but informative.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - sasquatchjaques - 2019-02-20

If it’s that much of a deal breaker for you then get the skin when it’s released and add it yourself to the relevant xmls or alternatively use a skin that supports this feature

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Giant_Midget - 2019-02-20

(2019-02-20, 17:50)Blurayx Wrote:

Are you aware jurialmunkey has already stated he will not be adding this feature. He wants to keep it simple but informative.

Definitely with you here. Keep it simple. If people want 60+ widgets on their homescreen this is probably not the skin for them. I suggest they check out Titan instead.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - grus - 2019-02-20

Hi,

@jurialmunkey , a practical question - will it be possible to migrate settings from AZ1 to AZ2 by simply restoring settings backup? I mainly ask with home screen layout in mind?
Would be great if we could just restore current settings, then change/set the new ones and be ready with new skin.
Or is there any other migration plan?
Thanks.

(2019-02-20, 18:58)grus Wrote: Hi,

@jurialmunkey , a practical question - will it be possible to migrate settings from AZ1 to AZ2 by simply restoring settings backup? I mainly ask with home screen layout in mind?
Would be great if we could just restore current settings, then change/set the new ones and be ready with new skin.
Or is there any other migration plan?
Thanks.

Both skins use skinshortcuts addon to customise the home menu. Skinshortcuts shares menu data between compatible skins, so there shouldn't even be a need to backup data (assuming you're not doing a clean install) - just install the new skin alongside the old and the menus should migrate.

The only thing you will need to do is set the second widget for the submenu hub - buts that's because v1 only has one widget per menu item, not two.

Other skin settings will need to be set again, buts that's because this is an entirely new skin, so it will have different options (and it has a different skin id, so both can be installed next to each other)

(2019-02-20, 18:10)sasquatchjaques Wrote: If it’s that much of a deal breaker for you then get the skin when it’s released and add it yourself to the relevant xmls or alternatively use a skin that supports this feature
+1  Smile

(2019-02-20, 18:10)Giant_Midget Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 17:50)Blurayx Wrote:

Definitely with you here. Keep it simple. If people want 60+ widgets on their homescreen this is probably not the skin for them. I suggest they check out Titan instead. 
Thank you  Smile