Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Shinu - 2011-08-22

is it just me, or does the movie osd (pressing 'M' during playback) look weird? is the text supposed to be blue? and why does the text to the left disappear so suddenly when closing?

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

Shinu Wrote:is it just me, or does the movie osd (pressing 'M' during playback) look weird? is the text supposed to be blue? and why does the text to the left disappear so suddenly when closing?

Noticed that to but forgot to put on the "bug" list.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

@ Shinu: The text should be grey again in latest git. I cannot fix the disappearing text (thought I did, but was not the case) because it displays the current control. When you close the window, there is no current control, so no text available.

- st graveyard - 2011-08-22

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Check this post by Big Noid:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=868981&postcount=2791
I think you're using 10.1 Dharma so check first post how to get the latest stable. Do not use pre-eden version

Machine,

Sorry for sounding very stupid here, but what is Eden? Is that a new version of XBMC? If so, is this already available? When checking the XBMC site, I see that over in the download section the latest version of XBMC is Dharma 10.01. Does that mean that we need to install a new (unstable?) not yet official release of XBMC to have the new version of the skin with all the graphical features?
Sorry for sounding like an extreme noob :-)

Thanks for letting me know,
Grave

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

st graveyard Wrote:Machine,

Sorry for sounding very stupid here, but what is Eden? Is that a new version of XBMC? If so, is this already available? When checking the XBMC site, I see that over in the download section the latest version of XBMC is Dharma 10.01. Does that mean that we need to install a new (unstable?) not yet official release of XBMC to have the new version of the skin with all the graphical features?
Sorry for sounding like an extreme noob :-)

Thanks for letting me know,
Grave

Eden is the next version. Also called Nightly build. It's available from xbmc download page. Be carefull using this. Not all plugins etc.. work without problems.
In the first post you can see how you can get the stable skin for Dharma 10.1.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=678231&postcount=1
This way you can have (almost) all graphic features you see here.
It currently in final test phase. After that is will be available from within xbmc add-on section. For now you have do some things manualy

Maybe Big Noid can make it available as a zip file from googlecode for testing. However like he said it will possibly be available as add-on in xbmc next week or so

- john.cord - 2011-08-22

How does extrafanart for Music Libary work? I have a folder for every artist. In this folder is a folder named "extrafanart" and in this folder i put the backdrops named "fanart1, fanart2.." but it does not work.Huh

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

john.cord Wrote:How does extrafanart for Music Libary work? I have a folder for every artist. In this folder is a folder named "extrafanart" and in this folder i put the backdrops named "fanart1, fanart2.." but it does not work.Huh

As i understand extrafanart is downloaded automaticly by the script "fanart slideshow" made by Ronie. It puts the fanart in your thumbnails folder. So you only have to enable it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102703
Here the thread about it.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

No, Nox loads extrafanart from the directory specified in 'Set Path To Music Library' and then it looks for %artist name%\extrafanart folder.
It is designed to work together with the CDArt manager script where you have to set the same path in that script setting.

- st graveyard - 2011-08-22

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Eden is the next version. Also called Nightly build. It's available from xbmc download page. Be carefull using this. Not all plugins etc.. work without problems.
In the first post you can see how you can get the stable skin for Dharma 10.1.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=678231&postcount=1
This way you can have (almost) all graphic features you see here.
It currently in final test phase. After that is will be available from within xbmc add-on section. For now you have do some things manualy

Maybe Big Noid can make it available as a zip file from googlecode for testing. However like he said it will possibly be available as add-on in xbmc next week or so

Thanks for the help, I'm starting to understand now. It seems there is a new repository for the skin ...

- john.cord - 2011-08-22

Big_Noid Wrote:No, Nox loads extrafanart from the directory specified in 'Set Path To Music Library' and then it looks for %artist name%\extrafanart folder.
It is designed to work together with the CDArt manager script where you have to set the same path in that script setting.

Big THX! Now it works!

- sergiocos - 2011-08-22

One annoying issue regarding extrafanart. When i stop scrolling, the extrafanart is displayed but when i start navigating again, for a brief second, the original fanart is displayed fading into the next artist's fanart. A bit confusing, but i think it's no biggie. The normal behavior wit will be to jump (fade) from the image of extrafanart, directly to the image of the next artist (fanart or extrafanart). Dunno if it makes much sense, i'm after a crazy busy day Smile

- ibixat - 2011-08-22

I'm back with some more questions =)

I'm running on an xtreamer ultra, I know it's not the best but it suited my needs. I'm running OpenELEC, I had been running a eden build from 8-9-11 and things were working well but the skin updated automatically and required a build from 8-19 or later and they have not updated their eden builds since 8-9. I was stuck on that point but now I have all that worked out, I revered to a 10.1 dharma build and am back to using 1.5. I have to say Big_Noid 2.0 has some nice improvements and I look forward to getting some of them in the 1.6 build when it goes out there.

So that aside the issue I'm having now is with banner art for tv shows in the banner wall view. I can't seem to change them no matter what I try. If I go to confluence skin I get the correct banner to display, the one that's saved in the folder and set as the thumbnail. If I go back to nox it shows the banner I don't want and if I check the folders where the series is stored i can't find the file that's being used. If I go into info on the series from the first menu and go to get logo the choices come up and I pick the one I want but it doesn't update the banner in the Get Logo screen and never changes in the banner wall.

This is what shows in confluence

here is what shows when you bring on the information screen for the show.

and here is what appears in nox

Now like I said if i go to the get log screen, that banner showing in nox is the banner displayed there, but whenever I click get logo -> banner -> pick anything else, it never changes it just stays on the original. I had some issues with things not changing when I had a series split across multiple drives so I checked and my DR. Who seasons are all in the same folder.

Well sorry to hassle anyone with this but some insight on how to fix it would be great.
Brian

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

@ sergiocos: really annoying once you notice it. Not an easy fix...will have think of something...

@ ibixat: you have enabled use poster instead of banners in the general settings. Disable that to make use of the banner thumbs. It will also show the correct picture in videoinfo then.

- Rygrath - 2011-08-22

ibixat Wrote:I'm back with some more questions =)

Now like I said if i go to the get log screen, that banner showing in nox is the banner displayed there, but whenever I click get logo -> banner -> pick anything else, it never changes it just stays on the original. I had some issues with things not changing when I had a series split across multiple drives so I checked and my DR. Who seasons are all in the same folder.

Well sorry to hassle anyone with this but some insight on how to fix it would be great.
Brian

@ibixat
What Big_Noid said about the poster in the info screen is correct, you have to check that setting properly for posters to display in the info screen.

If you mean that you can't get XBMC to update the banner.jpg to a new one, you're running into one of the quirks with the use of non-official image types. Banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, logo.png, etc. When you refresh a show, XBMC doesn't go updating those images in it's image cache by itself.

XBMC will stick a copy of the image in the thumbnail directories when it first loads it and will use that one until the end of time. I found this out using a SQLiteSpy to browse textures.db and found where it was reading them from. That's where I found it does make a copy of those images in the Thumbnails dir and where it reads them from afterwards.

Only way I've found to get XBMC to recognize a new non-official image is having it read the file from scratch again so it creates a new image thumb.

Sometimes a simple restart of XBMC will suffice, you can also rename your textures.db file and have a new one generated, but this means all the thumbnails directory gets filled with duplicates and then grows in size. Since it needs to generate new Thumbs with new file names.

Nowadays I simply use SQLiteSpy to delete the line calling the particular image from the textures database and xbmc simply creates a new one when it displays the new image for the first time.

That problem used to drive me nuts trying to figure out how to get XBMC to use a new image instead of using the one in the thumbnails dir. Now it's merely a annoyance that has a quick fix. Pretty sure we all await the day when XBMC handles these files a bit more elegantly.

- ibixat - 2011-08-22

Big_Noid Wrote:@ ibixat: you have enabled use poster instead of banners in the general settings. Disable that to make use of the banner thumbs. It will also show the correct picture in videoinfo then.

I knew it would be something so simple to fix yet so totally non-obvious to me =) Thanks again for the help.

Rygrath, I think I understood roughly 75% of what you were saying, I was looking everywhere I could to see if I could just delete the thumbnail directory and if it would recreate them, so I zipped it up and deleted it.. that was a disaster, so I restored that and will never try that again.. At least I'm learning something.
Quote:"Sometimes a simple restart of XBMC will suffice, you can also rename your textures.db file and have a new one generated, but this means all the thumbnails directory gets filled with duplicates and then grows in size. Since it needs to generate new Thumbs with new file names."
If I were to rename (or delete) the textures.db and then wipe out the thumbnails directory would it essentially recreate the entire database and thumbnail folders or do I need to leave those folders in place to prevent other issues?