Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- dagatech - 2011-09-27

clubwerks Wrote:I don't think you can do that. You can make SB start putting new shows on the new hard drive, but I don't think a show can span two drives. Although, in all honestly, it really doesn't need to. As long as SB can put the new shows somewhere, just edit it's location to the new hard drive and set the old episodes to skipped.

Yeah, that's kind of what I had concluded. It's just slightly annoying to have so many different locations for the same show (this will be the third drive). If it didn't involve wiping everything, I'd switch to some type of NAS/raid system.

Thanks!

- azgul - 2011-09-27

dagatech Wrote:Yeah, that's kind of what I had concluded. It's just slightly annoying to have so many different locations for the same show (this will be the third drive). If it didn't involve wiping everything, I'd switch to some type of NAS/raid system.

Thanks!
It doesn't have to. I'm sure you'd know someone with a couple of externals you could backup your stuff onto whilst you set up your NAS. You will never regret doing this. Wink I'm loving my Synology DS1010+ and have extended it with the DX510.. It's just too sweet running SABnzbd and SickBeard on that.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

dagatech Wrote:Yeah, that's kind of what I had concluded. It's just slightly annoying to have so many different locations for the same show (this will be the third drive). If it didn't involve wiping everything, I'd switch to some type of NAS/raid system.

Thanks!

That's what 3TB drives were made for. I have 4 in one machine and 3 more in another. Big Grin

- dagatech - 2011-09-27

Oh I know, this is a 2tb drive and my others are both 1tb. I might decide to spend this weekend moving everything around so it makes more sense, consolidate files and such. The external is a good idea, I'll have to look into that.

- thebusiness - 2011-09-27

It really weird, the software works great, but "Pawn Stars" wont download anymore

Every other show adds fine, but it never finds this show. Also XBMC never adds just this show properly to the library

Moving Files/Folders after post processing - Desisuperman - 2011-09-27

Ok, i'm sure this has been answered here before but i'm honestly not going to comb through 300+ pages in this thread. What im trying to acheive is simple.

Objective:

1. Move my tv show to the correct folder after it's done processing.

2. Specifying the source of HD content or giving priority to one source over another. I prefer to to download WEB DL over other sources, how can I prioritize this or download just the one type.

Backround:

Using Sick Beard, sabnzbd+ & NZBMatrix.

My "Temporary Download Folder" & "Completed Download Folder in sabnzbd+ is set to C:\Users\myusername\downloads

I would like to have the folder moved to C:\Users\myusername\Videos\Tv Shows\Boardwalk Empire

I have read this information found here but I can't make any sense of it http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

So if somebody can dumb this down for me and explain what exactly it is I need to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

- Mrkennedy - 2011-09-27

thebusiness Wrote:It really weird, the software works great, but "Pawn Stars" wont download anymore

Every other show adds fine, but it never finds this show. Also XBMC never adds just this show properly to the library

Also found this issue, looks thetvdb is not seeing it anymore.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

Desisuperman Wrote:Ok, i'm sure this has been answered here before but i'm honestly not going to comb through 300+ pages in this thread. What im trying to acheive is simple.

Objective:

1. Move my tv show to the correct folder after it's done processing.

2. Specifying the source of HD content or giving priority to one source over another. I prefer to to download WEB DL over other sources, how can I prioritize this or download just the one type.

Backround:

Using Sick Beard, sabnzbd+ & NZBMatrix.

My "Temporary Download Folder" & "Completed Download Folder in sabnzbd+ is set to C:\Users\myusername\downloads

I would like to have the folder moved to C:\Users\myusername\Videos\Tv Shows\Boardwalk Empire

I have read this information found here but I can't make any sense of it http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

So if somebody can dumb this down for me and explain what exactly it is I need to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

You're making it kind of hard. You really need to do only three things. Pick a final folder for your TV Show(s). You do this in Sickbeard when you add the show. In your example, you want it in a folder called ...\tv shows\boardwalk empire\ which is fine.

In your sickbeard settings, you also need to tell it what category to place the snatched nzb's in when it downloads them so it knows how to process them. Normally this is "TV".

In sab, you need to set up several folders. One for downloads and one to move it to when it's complete. Using my own folders as an example, I have:

d:\downloads\incomplete (Temp Download Folder)

d:\downloads\complete (Completed Download Folder)

And then you turn on sabtosickbeard.exe as your default postprocessing for "TV" or whatever category sickbeard uses to send the files to Sabnzbd+.

The only other thing you need to do is to take the ext "sample" off this file autoProcessTV.cfg.sample in your sickbeard directory. I believe it's in the autoprocess folder. That's really it, as long as you've configured sabnzbd and sickbeard so that they're communicating with each other.

Here's the flow:

1. Sickbeard finds a new (or old) TV show episode you're looking for.

2. It snatches it and sends it to sabnzbd assigning it the category "TV"

3. Sab downloads it to the Temp folder.

4. Sab verifies, repairs and unpacks it to the Completed folder.

5. Sab run the script sabtosickbeard.exe which allows Sickbeard to take control of the file, rename it, download any nfo files, artwork, etc.

6. Sickbeard processes it and moves it to it's final resting spot which is the folder you declared when you added the TV Show to Sickbeard initially.

7. Optionally, Sickbeard can notify all your instances of XBMC that the file has downloaded and run an update library to all of them as well.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

As for your second question, when you add a show, just select CUSTOM quality and then select 720p WEB-DL as the initial download quality. If you've already added the show, go to edit, CUSTOM quality and do the same and submit.

- Desisuperman - 2011-09-27

clubwerks Wrote:You're making it kind of hard. You really need to do only three things. Pick a final folder for your TV Show(s). You do this in Sickbeard when you add the show. In your example, you want it in a folder called ...\tv shows\boardwalk empire\ which is fine.

In your sickbeard settings, you also need to tell it what category to place the snatched nzb's in when it downloads them so it knows how to process them. Normally this is "TV".

In sab, you need to set up several folders. One for downloads and one to move it to when it's complete. Using my own folders as an example, I have:

d:\downloads\incomplete (Temp Download Folder)

d:\downloads\complete (Completed Download Folder)

And then you turn on sabtosickbeard.exe as your default postprocessing for "TV" or whatever category sickbeard uses to send the files to Sabnzbd+.

The only other thing you need to do is to take the ext "sample" off this file autoProcessTV.cfg.sample in your sickbeard directory. I believe it's in the autoprocess folder. That's really it, as long as you've configured sabnzbd and sickbeard so that they're communicating with each other.

Here's the flow:

1. Sickbeard finds a new (or old) TV show episode you're looking for.

2. It snatches it and sends it to sabnzbd assigning it the category "TV"

3. Sab downloads it to the Temp folder.

4. Sab verifies, repairs and unpacks it to the Completed folder.

5. Sab run the script sabtosickbeard.exe which allows Sickbeard to take control of the file, rename it, download any nfo files, artwork, etc.

6. Sickbeard processes it and moves it to it's final resting spot which is the folder you declared when you added the TV Show to Sickbeard initially.

7. Optionally, Sickbeard can notify all your instances of XBMC that the file has downloaded and run an update library to all of them as well.

Ok I've followed your instructions and i'm also looking at the instructions found here http://www.sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

SABnzbd+ Config for SickBeard:

1. First you should make sure you have designated a "scripts" folder. This is found on the "folders" tab of the "config" option in SABnzbd. Set it to something like "C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\" or wherever your installation of SABnzbd is. You may need to create the folder manually.

2. Open that scripts folder. Then open the folder titled "autoProcessTV" that you got with your SickBeard installation. Copy all the contents over into your "Scripts" folder.

3. Rename the "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" to just "autoProcessTV.cfg"

4. Open that .cfg file in notepad. Change the host, port, username, and password values to the appropriate settings for your Sick Beard server. Then save it and close it.

5. Go back to SABnzbd and click on the "sorting" tab. Disable sorting for TV shows.

6. Go to the "categories" tab. Set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script for your TV shows.

sabToSickbeard.py - linux/OSX SABnzbd+

or

sabToSickbeard.exe - Windows SABnzbd+

Save the settings, and that's it. You should be fully configured now.

It seems that i'm confused on step number 6. I don't understand this concept of setting up categoires and setting them upHuh Also, do I need open up both SAB and SB in internet explorer before it will do it's majic or doe sit do it all in the backround? If i need to manually open it all the time what's the best way to set itup so it's on all the time and doesn't require me to open both things everytime i restart my cpu.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

Desisuperman Wrote:Ok I've followed your instructions and i'm also looking at the instructions found here http://www.sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

SABnzbd+ Config for SickBeard:

1. First you should make sure you have designated a "scripts" folder. This is found on the "folders" tab of the "config" option in SABnzbd. Set it to something like "C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\" or wherever your installation of SABnzbd is. You may need to create the folder manually.

2. Open that scripts folder. Then open the folder titled "autoProcessTV" that you got with your SickBeard installation. Copy all the contents over into your "Scripts" folder.

3. Rename the "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" to just "autoProcessTV.cfg"

4. Open that .cfg file in notepad. Change the host, port, username, and password values to the appropriate settings for your Sick Beard server. Then save it and close it.

5. Go back to SABnzbd and click on the "sorting" tab. Disable sorting for TV shows.

6. Go to the "categories" tab. Set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script for your TV shows.

sabToSickbeard.py - linux/OSX SABnzbd+

or

sabToSickbeard.exe - Windows SABnzbd+

Save the settings, and that's it. You should be fully configured now.

It seems that i'm confused on step number 6. I don't understand this concept of setting up categoires and setting them upHuh Also, do I need open up both SAB and SB in internet explorer before it will do it's majic or doe sit do it all in the backround? If i need to manually open it all the time what's the best way to set itup so it's on all the time and doesn't require me to open both things everytime i restart my cpu.

You have to set up categories because you don't want Sabnzbd to process all your music files, movies, etc with sickbeards script. So, you set up a category called "TV" and assign it default priority, default processing (normally default is +Delete) and sabtosickbeard.exe as the script. Now it has a category that it can properly handle a TV show versus a music album.

Now in sickbeard you go to Config>Search Settings:

1. Check search NZBs.
2. NZB Method: SABNZBD+
3. SAB URL: whatever your installation is in relation to sickbeard. If it's on the same computer normally http://localhost:8085/
4. password and username: I don't use them. Why bother? Is somebody going to steal your episodes of the andy griffith show. Wink
5. SAB API key: Obtained from the SABNZB>config>general screen. Cut and paste it here.
6. SAB Category: HERE'S WHERE YOU INPUT THE CATEGORY YOU SET UP IN SAB. Let's call it TV to make it easier. Now sickbeard knows what category to send your nzb's to sabnzbd with.

So, sickbeard sends the nzb with the category "TV" and sab knows what to do when it finishes downloading it. It calls the sabtosickbeard.exe script and sickbeard takes over and moves the file into the right folder, sends notifications and updates your library.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

You do not need to open them in a browser. Personally, I set up both of them, along with CouchPotato and Headphones, to open every time I start my computer. Yes, they open browser windows when you start them. No, you don't need them to. They'll work just fine if you close the browser windows.

In fact, I have all of them set up so that I can "command" them from a remote laptop using their IP address. So my main machine is running all these programs and XBMC, but I have them all open in a browser window on my laptop so I can keep an eye on everything that is going on throughout the day.

- Desisuperman - 2011-09-28

clubwerks Wrote:You have to set up categories because you don't want Sabnzbd to process all your music files, movies, etc with sickbeards script. So, you set up a category called "TV" and assign it default priority, default processing (normally default is +Delete) and sabtosickbeard.exe as the script. Now it has a category that it can properly handle a TV show versus a music album.

Now in sickbeard you go to Config>Search Settings:

1. Check search NZBs.
2. NZB Method: SABNZBD+
3. SAB URL: whatever your installation is in relation to sickbeard. If it's on the same computer normally http://localhost:8085/
4. password and username: I don't use them. Why bother? Is somebody going to steal your episodes of the andy griffith show. Wink
5. SAB API key: Obtained from the SABNZB>config>general screen. Cut and paste it here.
6. SAB Category: HERE'S WHERE YOU INPUT THE CATEGORY YOU SET UP IN SAB. Let's call it TV to make it easier. Now sickbeard knows what category to send your nzb's to sabnzbd with.

So, sickbeard sends the nzb with the category "TV" and sab knows what to do when it finishes downloading it. It calls the sabtosickbeard.exe script and sickbeard takes over and moves the file into the right folder, sends notifications and updates your library.

thank you very much. i finally got it to work!!! only thing is now i'm find SB deletes the .nfo files afterwards. How do I prevent this from happening? I have SAB setup to delete .sfv, .srv files but not .nfo.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

Desisuperman Wrote:thank you very much. i finally got it to work!!! only thing is now i'm find SB deletes the .nfo files afterwards. How do I prevent this from happening? I have SAB setup to delete .sfv, .srv files but not .nfo.

I actually have both those boxes ticked off and then I use the field below (METADATA) to create XBMC metadata. Select XBMC in the drop down and then tick off everything you want. Sickbeard will then make perfect metadata that is XBMC compatible.

- thezoggy - 2011-09-28

build 489 is out, fixes auto-updater (due to googlecode url change)
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/list

so update manually.