Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-04

(2021-07-04, 17:24)Cyberdom Wrote: Regarding the movie palylists for decades, it works fine.
On the other hand, all the decades are displayed even those which have no film. It would be nice to be able to hide the decades that don't contain any film.

@Cyberdom , I will look at the missing translation, I think this is a Kodi string, not a skin string, so I will have to create a new one in order to have the correct translation.  As for the decades playlists, I do not know of a way to hide playlists that do not have items from the shelf without changing the shelves code significantly.  For now, this shelf will remain as is.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-07-04, 18:14)G0mez Wrote: Finnish translation for Decades = Vuosikymmenet
Even though still can't find that option ^^
@G0mez , thanks for the translation.  And, yes, I missed a file in version 3.4.24 and that is why you cannot see the shelf option for Decades.  I have ifxed this in version 3.4.25.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-07-04

Alrighty now it works.

Btw I just saw interesting feature on Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection skin on reddit. It can play trailers in background automatically, like on netflix, when focused on movie at library. Wonder if amber could get this feature aswell?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-07-04

(2021-07-04, 19:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-04, 17:24)Cyberdom Wrote: Regarding the movie palylists for decades, it works fine.
On the other hand, all the decades are displayed even those which have no film. It would be nice to be able to hide the decades that don't contain any film.

@Cyberdom , I will look at the missing translation, I think this is a Kodi string, not a skin string, so I will have to create a new one in order to have the correct translation.  As for the decades playlists, I do not know of a way to hide playlists that do not have items from the shelf without changing the shelves code significantly.  For now, this shelf will remain as is.

Regards,

Bart
OK, thank you @bsoriano.

(2021-07-04, 20:34)G0mez Wrote: Alrighty now it works.

Btw I just saw interesting feature on Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection skin on reddit. It can play trailers in background automatically, like on netflix, when focused on movie at library. Wonder if amber could get this feature aswell?
@G0mez, I will take a look at how it is done.  I would like that feature as well.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-05

Hey Bart.  Got a couple requests I hope you will consider.  Would it be possible to change the size of widgets so that using 5 is centered on the screen with no scrolling?  It would be nice if a synopsis could pop-up when an item is highlighted.  Appreciate if you look into the possibility.  BTW, you're doing a great job here, thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-05

(2021-07-05, 15:34)bobrap Wrote: Hey Bart.  Got a couple requests I hope you will consider.  Would it be possible to change the size of widgets so that using 5 is centered on the screen with no scrolling?  It would be nice if a synopsis could pop-up when an item is highlighted.  Appreciate if you look into the possibility.  BTW, you're doing a great job here, thanks.
@bobrap, thank you for your kind words.  To make sure that I understand, you would like that when you set the widget limit to 5, that the items are centered on the screen, correct?  I will think about the pop-up window with plot info, I think this is a nice feature without having to go the complex (for me) route of coding full screen widgets.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-06

(2021-07-05, 19:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 15:34)bobrap Wrote: Hey Bart.  Got a couple requests I hope you will consider.  Would it be possible to change the size of widgets so that using 5 is centered on the screen with no scrolling?  It would be nice if a synopsis could pop-up when an item is highlighted.  Appreciate if you look into the possibility.  BTW, you're doing a great job here, thanks.
@bobrap, thank you for your kind words.  To make sure that I understand, you would like that when you set the widget limit to 5, that the items are centered on the screen, correct?  I will think about the pop-up window with plot info, I think this is a nice feature without having to go the complex (for me) route of coding full screen widgets.

Regards,

Bart
What I'm looking for is something like this...
Thanks for considering.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-06

(2021-07-06, 02:17)bobrap Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for considering.

@bobrap, thanks for the info. I will not be changing the widget design, but I can center it on the screen when there are few items. I will work on this over the next few days.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-06

(2021-07-06, 03:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 19:38)bsoriano Wrote: @bobrap, thank you for your kind words.  To make sure that I understand, you would like that when you set the widget limit to 5, that the items are centered on the screen, correct?  I will think about the pop-up window with plot info, I think this is a nice feature without having to go the complex (for me) route of coding full screen widgets.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for considering.

@bobrap, thanks for the info. I will not be changing the widget design, but I can center it on the screen when there are few items. I will work on this over the next few days.

Regards,

Bart

No problem, Bart.  I appreciate you having a look.  I hope the plot pop up is doable.  Thanks, again.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-06, 14:19)bobrap Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 03:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 02:17)bobrap Wrote: What I'm looking for is something like this...
Thanks for considering.

Regards,

Bart

No problem, Bart.  I appreciate you having a look.  I hope the plot pop up is doable.  Thanks, again.
@bobrap , I am making headway with the info popup, I will post tomorrow what I have so far, so you can let me know if it is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for considering.
@bobrap , sorry that I did not ask before, what skin is that from? It looks like Aeon Nox SiLVO, but I am not sure.  If it is, what options did you choose for that widget? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bobrap - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 15:37)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 19:38)bsoriano Wrote: @bobrap, thank you for your kind words.  To make sure that I understand, you would like that when you set the widget limit to 5, that the items are centered on the screen, correct?  I will think about the pop-up window with plot info, I think this is a nice feature without having to go the complex (for me) route of coding full screen widgets.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for considering.
@bobrap , sorry that I did not ask before, what skin is that from? It looks like Aeon Nox SiLVO, but I am not sure.  If it is, what options did you choose for that widget? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, it is Nox Silvo.  I used recommended episode widget from library data provider.  Style - compact panel extended, five items (clear art).  Panel info widget on.  I never have been a big fan of scrolling and I guess my OCD likes the centered look. Big Grin  Thanks again for having a look.

Hello all,

In reviewing a request by user @bobrap , I realized that the shelf (widget) size for landscape widgets does not show at the same time the minimum number of items that you can set as a limit (5). 

I would like to know how many of you would prefer a smaller landscape widget size (it would apply to fanart, landscape, clearart and thumb widgets), so that 5 items can be shown at the same time without scrolling?

Please let me know, since I would rather change the size of those shelves than creating a new option for  "smaller landscape shelves", which is what I was thinking of doing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-07, 17:06)bsoriano Wrote: In reviewing a request by user @bobrap , I realized that the shelf (widget) size for landscape widgets does not show at the same time the minimum number of items that you can set as a limit (5). 
I imagine this would not affect me because I don't use the landscape widget section. I only use Poster and Square options.