Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Dilligaf - 2011-11-28

make a shortcut c:\pythom27\pythonw.exe c:\sickbeard\sickbeard.py
start in c:\sickbeard

OR

right click sickbeard.py and open with pythonw

You can open with python if you want the console visible

you need to install CHeetah

PS Change paths to suit your install

- jakks - 2011-11-28

Anyone else seem to be having problems with the tv show "once upon a time" sick beard says the show has ended yet it is still currently been shown and so far has only snatched 3 out of 5 episodes for me

- clubwerks - 2011-11-29

jakks Wrote:Anyone else seem to be having problems with the tv show "once upon a time" sick beard says the show has ended yet it is still currently been shown and so far has only snatched 3 out of 5 episodes for me

Are you sure you're using the right show? Once Upon a Time (2011)? Mine says continuing and has downloaded 5 of 5 episodes and has listings all the way to episode 12.

- asha_man - 2011-11-29

Dilligaf Wrote:make a shortcut c:\pythom27\pythonw.exe c:\sickbeard\sickbeard.py
start in c:\sickbeard

OR

right click sickbeard.py and open with pythonw

You can open with python if you want the console visible

you need to install CHeetah

PS Change paths to suit your install

Thanks,
Followed your instructions, but when launching the created shortcut, nothing happens. Well, the win7 loading icons twirls, but thats about it.
Also, when I try opening sickbeard.py with python, the console window opens and closes again almost instantly, is that what is supposed to happen?

Sorry for these what must seem like idiotic questions, it's just there doesnt appear to be a guide anywhere.
Thanks again.

- jakks - 2011-11-29

clubwerks Wrote:Are you sure you're using the right show? Once Upon a Time (2011)? Mine says continuing and has downloaded 5 of 5 episodes and has listings all the way to episode 12.

I'll delete it off my list and add it again

Edit - cheers it worked

- Dilligaf - 2011-11-29

Did you install Cheetah yet? Check the logs in the sickbeard\logs directory

- asha_man - 2011-11-29

Dilligaf Wrote:Did you install Cheetah yet? Check the logs in the sickbeard\logs directory

I did yes, double clicked on setup.py and it created some new files in the folder, not sure what else it's supposed to do?

There isn't a log directory in c:\sickbeard\...
this is what my sickbeard directory contains

- Dilligaf - 2011-11-29

to install cheetah c:\python27\python.exe c:\path_to_cheetah\setup.py install

You need to use the install switch to install cheetah

- xmbc - 2011-11-29

Is it possible to only update the quality of upcoming episodes to be HDTV (from SDTV) or will it also affect previous episodes and upgrade them?

- clubwerks - 2011-11-29

XBMC Wrote:Is it possible to only update the quality of upcoming episodes to be HDTV (from SDTV) or will it also affect previous episodes and upgrade them?

It will only affect previous episodes if you change the archive quality at a higher quality than you have now.

- asha_man - 2011-11-29

Dilligaf Wrote:to install cheetah c:\python27\python.exe c:\path_to_cheetah\setup.py install

You need to use the install switch to install cheetah

SUCCESS! Big Grin

Sickbeard now launches into the alpha master. Although I have this message at the top of the page
Quote:Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates

Do i need to fill this in if I use SmartGit to grab the latest. If not what should i point it at?

Thanks for your help Dilligaf

- DrStrange - 2011-11-29

@ asha man
I don't think you even need to install git/tortoisegit/smartgit to update the source as the source has an updater built into it and will prompt you to update if any updates (commits) are available. I don't have git installed and mine updates fine, so if you don't need smartgit for any other apps, you could uninstall it and delete the .git folder and the source will still notify you if any updates (commits) are available. Make sure that source has Config>General...Misc...Check for Update is checked.

- asha_man - 2011-11-29

DrStrange Wrote:@ asha man
I don't think you even need to install git/tortoisegit/smartgit to update the source as the source has an updater built into it and will prompt you to update if any updates (commits) are available. I don't have git installed and mine updates fine, so if you don't need smartgit for any other apps, you could uninstall it and delete the .git folder and the source will still notify you if any updates (commits) are available. Make sure that source has Config>General...Misc...Check for Update is checked.

Cool, cheers fella.

I use smartgit to keep aeon nox up to date so it's no biggie.

Glad that's all sorted now and I can stop hijacking this thread. :p

- thezoggy - 2011-11-30

jakks Wrote:I'll delete it off my list and add it again

Edit - cheers it worked

you running build 489 ?

- Dilligaf - 2011-11-30

@asha Yes, you need to put the path to git.exe in the sickbeard.ini. On my system sickbeard.ini is in c:\sickbeard, git is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe". You need to edit the .ini while sickbeard isn't running and I found it best to reboot before running it again (after editing 5 times and having it overwritten when I restarted sickbeard, it must have been using a cached copy somewhere).

Mike