Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 03:39)boccman Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 02:29)RockDawg Wrote: Anyone remember if Jason had anything setup to accept donations? I'd happily donate as a bit of incentive to update PTV.

Ditto

+2

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 04:14)butterkitty Wrote: Tried this and didn't work for me. Thanks though =^.^=

Hmm, maybe I changed more things. I zipped the whole addon I use on windows Frodo beta.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7021545/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-b6bd060.rar

There are a lot of things not working like it should, but it's starting for me.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 06:18)xecutionx Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 03:39)boccman Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 02:29)RockDawg Wrote: Anyone remember if Jason had anything setup to accept donations? I'd happily donate as a bit of incentive to update PTV.

Ditto

+2

From a link on the first page of this thread: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=jeiVLZ3Fontic0LzK8EJLIh_vQdRzVfzk3o8m1-t7YhGPQWEBC1aXGKaYju&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd

Don't know if it would help though. I think he would have been updating PTV if he had the time, not that I know what is going on with him. I do wish he would comeback.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - butterkitty - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 11:11)Amelandbor Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 04:14)butterkitty Wrote: Tried this and didn't work for me. Thanks though =^.^=

Hmm, maybe I changed more things. I zipped the whole addon I use on windows Frodo beta.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7021545/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-b6bd060.rar

There are a lot of things not working like it should, but it's starting for me.

It's working for me now. THANK YOU!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2012-11-24

I don't watch much Movies or TV shows without using PsudeoTV. This is clearly the best addon. Once you get it setup and running you will never do without this addon.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-24, 23:22)Randall Lind Wrote: I don't watch much Movies or TV shows without using PsudeoTV. This is clearly the best addon. Once you get it setup and running you will never do without this addon.

Same here. This has made everything much easier. All I need is an updated version w/ strm file support and a faster GUI and I'll be extremely happy.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Miltos - 2012-11-25

I watch Revision3 tv via XBMC, how can I create smart playlists from online content such as this network tv? How can PseudoTV can help me for this? Any good? comprehensive tutorial?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rynsmns - 2012-11-25

One way to create a Revision3 channel is to download the shows you like via the plugin, rename the files to something TVDB will recognize so the show information would be downloaded. I looked up Scam School and it is on TVDB as an example. You could then build a smartplaylist around it. The problem is that these shows would take up space. I downloaded one episode of scam school and it was 195MB.

Another option would be strm files but I don't see this support in the plugin so it might be a situation where you would have to write them yourself.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Miltos - 2012-11-25

Thans rynsmns! If I understood well the script (pseudotv) can ONLY work with downloaded content on my hard drive... There is no way to pseudoTV with ONLINE content...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rynsmns - 2012-11-27

It can work with online content but in order to do that it needs to have strm files. These files have links to where the content is stored online. You can source the files in the XBMC library where PsuedoTV can find them. It may be possible to create strm files for Revision3 but I am not sure how. I know the addon doesn't support them outright like the Amazon and Hulu Addons. There may be another addon I am not aware of or a way to write the files.

I did attempt to do this yesterday by just changing the link and addon in a strm file to a Scam School episode but XBMC stated it could not find the content.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spoonTRex - 2012-11-27

Anyone have any idea where the remote/keyboard config for this plugin is coming from? I've spent some time looking and tinkering, and can't seem to figure it out. My userdata keyboard.xml has some edits I use for full screen video to quickly change (or disable) subtitles and audio tracks, but I loose that when PseudoTV starts and I have to do it through the overlay, which isn't as quick, as one could imagine. As well as a few other commands.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-27, 05:08)spoonTRex Wrote: Anyone have any idea where the remote/keyboard config for this plugin is coming from? I've spent some time looking and tinkering, and can't seem to figure it out. My userdata keyboard.xml has some edits I use for full screen video to quickly change (or disable) subtitles and audio tracks, but I loose that when PseudoTV starts and I have to do it through the overlay, which isn't as quick, as one could imagine. As well as a few other commands.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

All key actions have to be handled by PseudoTV directly. You'll need to modify the Python code - Overlay.py should be the file you're looking for - an add them into the onAction method.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2012-11-27

I'm using Openelec on the raspberry pi and psuedo tv doesn't seem to show for me in the program addons section for some reason

Anyone know where I can download an install zip? Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spoonTRex - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-27, 08:29)Sranshaft Wrote: All key actions have to be handled by PseudoTV directly. You'll need to modify the Python code - Overlay.py should be the file you're looking for - an add them into the onAction method.

Ah, okay, so it's basically re-creating/mimicking the default controls, then? Thanks heaps for that pointer, now I have a better idea of what I need to do. Smile

(2012-11-27, 14:10)grope Wrote: I'm using Openelec on the raspberry pi and psuedo tv doesn't seem to show for me in the program addons section for some reason

Anyone know where I can download an install zip? Thanks

First post, it's the link labeled "Latest Development Version". Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2012-11-28

Thanks

Do you know where I can get any older versions? I seem to be getting a script error on the pi with that latest development version