Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-02

Quote:Into which file do I make this entry?

Using the settings menu, accessed from bottom option from Main Menu.
As mentioned in the readme (viewable from Settings Menu)

For you

Set 'Drive' to E:

Set 'DashName' to be dashboard\default

Post your settings if still unsure.

- zebraitis - 2008-07-05

Ah... I see.

It is the settings in the T3CH Upgrader script itself! (not in the XBMC settings)

OK, I have changed the "Dash Shortcut Drive" to "E:\"

This is a guess: since I boot directly to my XBMC (not using any other preliminary dashboard) I have changed the "Dash Shortcut Name" to "dashboard" (right?)

Now, it looks as if I will wait until the next version to come out and see if it notifies and completes the upgrade.

Thanks for the support!

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-05

<subfolder>\<softmod booting dashname>

Subfolder being where your softmod looks for the dashname.

dashname being the name the softmod will run on bootup..

The dashname will get replaced with the supplied TEAM XBMC shortcut and a .cfg created. In that .cfg will be the path/dashname that boots xbmc

If the MainMenu still sees a T3CH archive it will show in the MainMenu, you can install from that, or wait for next T3CH build too appear.

I strongly suggest switching to NTSC 4:3 to free RAM before continuing. No harm will come to anything if you don't but the unrar of the archive will probably fails due to lack of memory. The script will advise you if you havnt enough free ram/disk space anyway.

BBB

- IrishTR - 2008-07-06

Does this work for the Linux XBMC or only for Xbox? Sorry linux noob here and just tryin to learn all the ropes.

- Nuka1195 - 2008-07-06

why would you use it for linux. it's an xbox installer?

if you can't build your own in linux. there is a ppa.

- IrishTR - 2008-07-06

Nuka1195 Wrote:why would you use it for linux. it's an xbox installer?

if you can't build your own in linux. there is a ppa.

Thats why I asked, I wasnt sure if the Linux version had some sort of update script/function. I have only recently started messing with Linux and XBMC for it all at the same time. So I saw Python and recalled seeing it in Ubuntu and thought this might be a update script for the linux version so it would update the T3CH build.

Anyhow thanks for clarifying.

T3CH Updater (not enough memory problem) - Concept211 - 2008-07-11

Sorry if this question has been asked before...I searched and searched the forums but couldnt find the answer.

Does anyone else keep having the problem with the T3CH Updater not being able to extract and install the latest XBMC build due to "not enough memory" on the system. I'm assuming it's talking about RAM memory, because I don't have anything on the hard drive other than XBMC and a few scripts. Where exactly does it download and extract the files from within the Xbox hard drive anyway?

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance!

- blittan - 2008-07-11

This has been asked several times.

Try switching skin to PMIII (if you use another). Use this script directly after booting the xbox..

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-11

If its still detecting < 31mb free, try switching to NTSC 4:3 rez.

It downloads, unpacks, installs according to the settings.

- Concept211 - 2008-07-11

Thanks blittan and BBB. I was busy searching the xbox forum which is why I didn't find this HUGE thread.

I'm currently not near my Xbox so I'll give lowering the resolution a try when I get home. I currently run PMIII as the default dash but in 720p, so that's probably the culprit.

I've also had issues updating the T3CH Upgrader script. It just hangs at the end of the downloading progress bar. I'm assuming it's also a memory issue, so i'll give the lowering the resolution a try for it as well.

A big thanks to BBB for developing this great script!

- blittan - 2008-07-12

I also run PMIII in 720p so I get the warning, occasionally it fails..

BBB: a suggestion: add a download new build only setting, where it only downloads the build to the download-location .. Sometimes I just want to download it and install the build later..

- Concept211 - 2008-07-12

This may be a very dumb question, but how do you check to see which version/build of XBMC you're currently running?

- blittan - 2008-07-12

systeminfo (on remote press info on homescreen) with controller use the [i] button on the shutdownmenu

- Concept211 - 2008-07-12

Thank you very much. I had actually figured it out a little while ago.

suggestion done. - BigBellyBilly - 2008-07-14

Quote:BBB: a suggestion: add a download new build only setting, where it only downloads the build to the download-location .. Sometimes I just want to download it and install the build later..

Thats now been done for you Blitten, submitted to svn trunk. Could I ask contributing language translators to update their language strings to also include strings ID's:
<string id="416">Install</string>
and
<string id="533">Download Only or Download and Install ?</string>

Thanks

fyi, other recent commits (for v1.6.2):
Some translation strings updated.
New Skin Vision2 (thanks smuto)

cheers
BBB