Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) (/showthread.php?tid=267343)

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - TheSwede1970 - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 20:14)Gracus Wrote: Could be...

Did you install marcelveldt's repo from link in the OP? (think it is needed to grab all dependencies)

No i missed that one...
I'll try that and will post results...

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - rph1 - 2017-02-08

Hi

Im currently using the latest version of this skin with all the extra plugins installed using Kodi 17

As you can see via the screenshot all i get it "+" in each of the menus

any ideas on what to fix?

thanks

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - Gracus - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-08, 23:23)rph1 Wrote: Hi

Im currently using the latest version of this skin with all the extra plugins installed using Kodi 17

As you can see via the screenshot all i get it "+" in each of the menus

any ideas on what to fix?

thanks

Works here on kodi 18:

Something probably gone wrong when you install the skin...

(2017-02-06, 06:14)leezy88 Wrote: I personally prefer the estuary v2 look as well. Is there any chance of a mod being created for this version as well?

Seems like you have been heard (if I understand that correctly)

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - ss4johnny - 2017-02-09

I have just installed this with the new version of Kodi. My first time using a skin mod with Kodi. I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but I'm happy to be creating custom menus. Here are my two main thoughts so far:

1) I have created a custom menu that takes me to a Downloads folder. So I can just go straight to it instead of going to Videos. I tried to create a widget that would bring up the same thing as clicking on the folder, but it's pretty ugly. If it doesn't exist yet, I suggest that there should be a files widget so that I can just easily move to the folder instead having to click on it.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if this has been discussed before, but this thread is very long and there is no FAQ. The design of the mod is slightly different from the Estuary that comes with Kodi 17. In the original, the menu off completely to the side with the options buttons above it. This has the settings/power at the bottom. Why the change? Is it possible to change these features?

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - snarfo - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-09, 04:26)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 06:14)leezy88 Wrote: I personally prefer the estuary v2 look as well. Is there any chance of a mod being created for this version as well?

Seems like you have been heard (if I understand that correctly)

Ugh. If guilloz decides to update to use v2 as his core I hope he keeps v1 as well. I can't stand the clipped/truncated icons. It just looks sloppy to me... I want to see as much content as possible without chunks of it bleeding off the edges of the screen.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - TheSwede1970 - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-08, 20:14)Gracus Wrote: Could be...

Did you install marcelveldt's repo from link in the OP? (think it is needed to grab all dependencies)

Installed that and now all necessary addons are installed and have a "green tick" next to it.
Still don't see those extra 3 ratings down on the right side. (Rotten Tomatoes etc.)

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - wwessel - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-09, 06:42)snarfo Wrote: Ugh. If guilloz decides to update to use v2 as his core I hope he keeps v1 as well. I can't stand the clipped/truncated icons. It just looks sloppy to me... I want to see as much content as possible without chunks of it bleeding off the edges of the screen.
Full agree Nod

(2017-02-09, 10:57)wwessel Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 06:42)snarfo Wrote: Ugh. If guilloz decides to update to use v2 as his core I hope he keeps v1 as well. I can't stand the clipped/truncated icons. It just looks sloppy to me... I want to see as much content as possible without chunks of it bleeding off the edges of the screen.
Full agree Nod

Same here

But we are not the one who take decision

For you it will just be a matter of finding a new skin, for me it will be the end of my kodi usage (no other skin that works on my 21:9 screen)

Future will tell...

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - Klojum - 2017-02-09

I hope he does keep the EstuaryMOD skin as FIRST, and the v2 mod skin indeed as SECOND. Tongue

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - Steve_uk - 2017-02-09

Hi guys great mod.
Just have a couple of questions hope someone can help.
1.I set up my tv shows and movies menu with the widgets and they loaded fine but then I changed the location of the widgets and now when I go to that menu the old thumbnails show for about 10 seconds then they will update ok anyone know how I can sort that?.

2.My hard drive is plugged into my Android tv filled with all my Mp3 albums and they show up fine on the music menu but some of the thumbnails are showing from the jpegs in some of the folders even though I've selected prefer online.

3.lastly also on music when I play a song a little menu appears below and I press to go full screen so I can see it playing and the small lyrics screen appears top right.
Is there a option to force it to go full screen straight away and also to stay full screen as after 5 seconds it disappears and I'm left with just the lyrics screen.
Thanks

(2017-02-09, 13:16)Steve_uk Wrote: 1.I set up my tv shows and movies menu with the widgets and they loaded fine but then I changed the location of the widgets and now when I go to that menu the old thumbnails show for about 10 seconds then they will update ok anyone know how I can sort that?.

Known issue!

If you use "stock" categories, when widgets need to reload then it start by reloading the "stock" widgets before the one you have set

You will have to make your own movies and TVshows categories in settings and use personalisable widgets to avoid that

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - juveboss - 2017-02-09

Hello,

I have a problem on my pi rasp 3. With this mod it is much longer than the original Estuary.
I could see that it was "probably "a power problem.
I need to configure shortcuts to make it easier for friends.
Is there another light theme for me to configure shortcuts?

Thanks Angel

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - Steve_uk - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-09, 13:20)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 13:16)Steve_uk Wrote: 1.I set up my tv shows and movies menu with the widgets and they loaded fine but then I changed the location of the widgets and now when I go to that menu the old thumbnails show for about 10 seconds then they will update ok anyone know how I can sort that?.

Known issue!

If you use "stock" categories, when widgets need to reload then it start by reloading the "stock" widgets before the one you have set

You will have to make your own movies and TVshows categories in settings and use personalisable widgets to avoid that
Ah thanks for that Gracus Smile
I'll look at that tonight

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 15/01/17) - zolee10 - 2017-02-09

Thanks for the mod

I have a problem.
When I add widget it populates 3-4 horizontaln icon spaces and then there is an arrow sugesting there is more.
Then I try to slide icons to the left so more is shown but slide doesnt work.
Also, if I click on a second or third icon, constanty just the info for the first icon is shown. I cannot select other icons just first.

I am using kodi on the android phone. In all other places sliding works perfectly just on the home screen widgets its not.