Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-02, 08:03)NewYears1978 Wrote: Just wanted to share the layout I have been working on (well not layout, just custom images and using Aeon MQ4 skin) for my RCB Smile

Ignore the ONE game in the collection as that was a fake collection for testing.

Hey NewYears,

I'm also back to MQ4 now and enjoying RCB. I'm interested in seeing more of your work. This looks so cool!

Cheers,
Graveyard

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-02

I want to do more editing but due to MQ4 not having a source it's hard to customize it fullly..but using simple image tricks like above sure helps. I am going to share these when done as well. Still working on my main XBMC layout..

Thanks for the kind words Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-02, 21:20)deco Wrote: thanks for your code, i will try that too Wink

btw. i found out that eventghost does NOT react on controller if it's turned on after eventghost is started (fx. after a reboot and controller is off)

so i did a little extra for the configuration to disable/enable the joystick plugin WHEN the controller is turned on and it seems to work great Smile

-Deco

Would it be possible to upload your config file? Then i can alter area's i want to change myself? I am extremely green when it comes to event ghost and scripts.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - deco - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 03:33)Ghostdivision Wrote: Would it be possible to upload your config file? Then i can alter area's i want to change myself? I am extremely green when it comes to event ghost and scripts.

im totally green too Smile but it's not so hard once you get the idea of it (also got some help from the eventghost forum) , anyway here's the config.
default.xml

-Deco

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-03

Quick question for Newyears1978 or anyone using MQ4. Anybody out there ever been able to get the developer and publisher icons working for RCB? These are in the extrapack of MQ4. I've seen screenshots with these logo's but never got them to work myself. anyone?

thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-03

St Graveyard. Never tried myself..didn't even know you could do that

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-04

Deco thanks for the upload, I actually just decided to map xpadder to alt+F as the back button on the 360 controller and it seems to be working.

Sorry to waste your time, im sure someone else will find the file very useful though.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-05

Issue resolved

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-05

Resolved

Resolved

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ashton - 2013-06-05

(2013-05-26, 20:18)djR3Z Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 20:58)ashton Wrote: I've been having this issue for quite a while. I'm unable to get through config wizard since everytime i get to path only thing i'm able to select is my disc drive.
I'm using newest windows version 12.2 frodo + ace skin. It happened in earlier version as well with a different skin, but i've made clean reinstall since then.

As for plugin version i'm using the one that's available through default xbmc repository.

Go into your XBMC file manager and add your emulator and rom folders as sources.

I'm trying to change the skin but the setting doesn't seem to take. I change it in the add on settings but the GUI still looks the same. Am I missing something?

Thanks that helped, took me a while to find standard file manager in my script but when i used it it worked Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2013-06-05

Hey Malte,

Running RCB again after 6 months on my dedicated HTPC (back to WIN7 now ;-) ) ... Have to say that the latest version of RCB really runs beautifully and is much better than it was 6 months ago.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Grave

Also question for malte i am noticing whenever I am in rcb scripts cannot go off. So if i leave my pc on rcb and have library auto update go off or i also use the scheduler to automate cdart program, it does not seem to work. It works fine outside rcb, but whenever your in rcb no automated script seem to work properly. THe log shows it launches but then does nothing. If your outside rcb the scripts work fineHuh?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - corpgator - 2013-06-06

A couple things, why doesn't RCB scrape the year for any of my games? It just says not available. Also, how do I get it to download artwork other than boxcovers? As of now, that is all it downloads and then it displays that as the background.

By the way, I looked at a lot of front ends: Hyperspin, Gameex, etc, and in the end, nothing beats XBMC + RCB for ease of use and stability.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-06

Anyone use MQ3 with RCB?

I love it but in multiplex mode the text in the info panel overlaps..trying to figure out how to correct.

I mean I found the X and Y values in the config files..but they don't seem to be working.

FOr instance here
Code:
<control type="group"><!-- Developer -->
    <posy>522</posy>
  <control type="label">
    <include>MultiplexInfoLabel</include>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[31949]:</label>
  </control>
  <control type="label">
    <include>MultiplexInfoValue</include>
    <label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Property(developer)]</label>
    <width>322</width>
  </control>

Changing Y position is not doing anything...however if I add spaces in the labels..they are reflected on the change in RCB...not sure how to move these with X and Y as I should be able to.

The same goes here in gameinfo file

Code:
<!-- Game info -->
  <control type="label">
    <description>Year value</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>58</posy>
    <align>left</align>
    <width>109</width>
        <height>53</height>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <font>Font_FSInfoYear</font>
        <include>Colour_Grey</include>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(year)]</label>
  </control>

Clear X and Y values here but changing them does nothing..