Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-10-17

@Shinu:
The back icon also happens on confluence, as xaranx said. The fanart I can adjust. The new flag and series info show fine on my systems, so I don't know what's wrong there.

Xaranx Wrote:Anyway, for my Aeon Nox bug, I just installed this skin for the first time (using the repo in the OP), and when I go to play a movie or tv show, the screen just freezes (at the library view), I can hear the video in the background, but am unable to do anything in XBMC with remote or keyboard. Only thing I can do is alt tab and close xbmc. Haven't had the issue with other skins I tried afterwards, but I really liked the look of ths one.

I'm running on a revo 3610 w/ xbmc nightly from two days ago, from an unraid server.
I cannot reproduce this, if you keep having this problem maybe a debug log could shed some light on the cause.
Carl_bennetts Wrote:Hi,

I'm very new to XBMC. I have setup a kids playlist and would like this to autostart when XBMC loads. I can see where i turn on Enable Autostart Playlist when XBMC starts but when i try and browse for the family.xml (playlist i've created) it can't see that file. It is only showing folders not files?

Basically i want XBMC to start up and go straight to my Family movie playlist. Deisgned to work for my kids/wife Smile

Any help would be good

Thanks,

Carl

Maybe i'm looking at the playlist wrong. I've found where i can get the play list to autostart now in the gui file but i'm after a video list at startup. So it goes to my Family playlist but shows the movies inside and doesn't start playing as soon as xbmc opens?
Smart playlists are the way to go. You can add those to the main menu and have it set to default focus on startup. Currently there is no way to set a specific view in a window on startup. There is only the setting in Appearance settings, "Startup window".
Maxoo Wrote:Hi !

That edited episode view is awesome if you have poster season thumb, not so much if you have landscape ones.

Could it be possible to fallback to the show's poster if available and w/ a correct ratio ?
(I don't think a landscape season thumb would really fit in there).
Should I create an issue on github for this ? I know it's much easier for you to keep track then.
If it's not too much trouble, yes please. That way I can't forget it.

- peppe_sr - 2011-10-17

peppe_sr Wrote:Hi Big Noid,
I have a question about your skin.
i'm trying to set up the programs submenu from shortcuts but it doesn't seem to work. i set a favourite but when, after i have selected the voice programs, i use the down arrow in the media bar the sub menĂ¹ doesn't appears. i have to set something else.
thanks a lot for you amazing work.
peppe

i'm using a nightly of a couples of day ago and last svn of aeon nox

hi big noid did you forget about me?Blush
i found something in other posts here in the forum, but nothing about your skin.
peppe

- Reginald - 2011-10-17

Xaranx Wrote:Anyway, for my Aeon Nox bug, I just installed this skin for the first time (using the repo in the OP), and when I go to play a movie or tv show, the screen just freezes (at the library view), I can hear the video in the background, but am unable to do anything in XBMC with remote or keyboard. Only thing I can do is alt tab and close xbmc. Haven't had the issue with other skins I tried afterwards, but I really liked the look of ths one.

I'm running on a revo 320 w/ xbmc nightly from two days ago, from an unraid server.

I have been getting this issue for the past 8 days or so as well. Oddly enough I have a very similar setup if not the very same. I have a Revo 3610 w/ the nightly from yesterday. I am also using a unRAID server for my media. I have switched back to Confluence for now as it was frustrating to close XBMC after each play, some times I would have to do it two or three times before I could play the episode.

I have a log entry from when it happened once (I am at work now but will post when I get home).

I forgot to mention, I tried deleting the whole skin folder and re-downloading it from GIT, same outcome as before.

Thanks for a great skin and I can't wait to get back to using Nox!

Debug log

- BigNoid - 2011-10-17

peppe_sr Wrote:hi big noid did you forget about me?Blush
i found something in other posts here in the forum, but nothing about your skin.
peppe

I honestly can't remember reading that post, sry. You are right, if only a favorite is added to programs submenu, the submenu does not work. Will fix it.

@Reginald: debug log would be great, as I can't reproduce it. Really wonder what my skin does differently when playing a video then Confluence :confused2:

- Banditt - 2011-10-17

I have been trying to figure this out and spoke with Angelscry and he said it is a skin problem.

In Advanced Launcher with Aeon Nox it displays all of the info except for Description(Plot) when "Do not show plot for unwatched items" is checked. Is it not possible to have the description show within Advanced Launcher?

If it's not a skin thing let me know and I will head back over to the Advanced Launcher forum...

You can see that I have the info inputted correctly and that everything else shows up. I am using Dharma.
ImageImage

- Thiele - 2011-10-17

Hi,

I use XBMC now for two weeks on Apple TV 2 (iOS 4.3 build 8F455). XBMC runs smoothly and I can easily play all my 720p/1080p MKV files. No problems here. I think the default Confluence skin is kind of boring, that's why I prefer the awesome Aeon Nox skin. It seems it's light enough to run smoothly on ATV2.

Apparently, not in my case. I installed the latest version of Aeon Nox via the Passion-XBMC.org add-on, having a >30th September build of XBMC. But it's not working very well. Takes a second or two to load background images in the main menu, and also it takes longer to open a simpel menu like Settings compared to the Confluence skin. I can live with that, but when I open Movies or TV it goes wrong. I have around 60 movies and five TV shows, but opening one of the two can take up to ten seconds. Especially Movie is a disaster. Scrolling through the collection doesn't go smoothly, and playing around with the different views usually ends up in a XBMC shut down. The same goes for playing a movie, although playing a TV show goes fine. So far, XBMC shuts down almost every time I use this skin.

I already updated the XBMC system to the lastest nightly build, and re-installed the Aeon Nox skin afterwards, but it didn't help. I also checked that background effects are disabled. Any thoughts on this? I hope you can help me so I can use this skin! Thanks!

- Reginald - 2011-10-17

Big_Noid Wrote:I honestly can't remember reading that post, sry. You are right, if only a favorite is added to programs submenu, the submenu does not work. Will fix it.

@Reginald: debug log would be great, as I can't reproduce it. Really wonder what my skin does differently when playing a video then Confluence :confused2:

Big_Noid, I have added my debug log to my original post or it can be found here, I hope it helps. I miss the beauty that is Aeon Nox. Wink

- BigNoid - 2011-10-18

@Banditt: the problem is that xbmc considers those items unwatched and therefore hides the plot. This is not a skin or addon setting, so I doubt either of us could fix. For what its worth, nox shows the plot whenever its available in that view, no visibility conditions whatsever.

@Thiele: background images should load as fast as in confluence, it's basically the same code. Maybe i use some bigger images, so that could explain if its a bit slower. Difference between confluence and nox on eden-pre is about 10 viewtypes Big Grin try disabling some in the skinsettings to see if it improves loading the movies screen. The shutting down might be related to what Reginald posted.

@ Reginald: unfortunately i see no errors related to skin at all...
I do remember changing some animation code about a week ago. I'll try to push some fixes tomorrow, i'll let you know when they are on git.

- Thiele - 2011-10-18

Big_Noid Wrote:@Thiele: background images should load as fast as in confluence, it's basically the same code. Maybe i use some bigger images, so that could explain if its a bit slower. Difference between confluence and nox on eden-pre is about 10 viewtypes Big Grin try disabling some in the skinsettings to see if it improves loading the movies screen. The shutting down might be related to what Reginald posted.

No, disabling some view types didn't work out for me. Here are my xbmc.log and the crashreport. Hope this helps in finding the problem. Please let me know. Thanks.

*I send you a PM with the log files. Pastebin wasn't working.*

- BigNoid - 2011-10-18

@ everybody who is experiences crashes with Nox, I just pushed some changes to git. Please test if this fixes those issues.

@ Thiele: I know why it is so slow with navigating. It takes up to 1.5 seconds to load a single fanart on your system. This must also be happening with Confluence as I have no control over loading speed. Try disabling fanart, that should definitely speed things up. The crash bug might be fixed with changes I made just now. They will be on passion repo tomorrow.

- Reginald - 2011-10-18

Big_Noid, thanks for looking into our issues, I will pull tonight after work and report back.

- Thiele - 2011-10-18

Big_Noid Wrote:@ everybody who is experiences crashes with Nox, I just pushed some changes to git. Please test if this fixes those issues.

@ Thiele: I know why it is so slow with navigating. It takes up to 1.5 seconds to load a single fanart on your system. This must also be happening with Confluence as I have no control over loading speed. Try disabling fanart, that should definitely speed things up. The crash bug might be fixed with changes I made just now. They will be on passion repo tomorrow.

I'll download the new version from passion repo tomorrow then, hope it works. Navigating is definitely slower on Nox compared to Confluence. I'll try to disable fanart tonight to see if it works. But how is it possible that loading images take longer on my Apple TV compared to others? We all have the same configuration. Thanks.

- icky - 2011-10-18

@ noid

media flagss on osd are huge in git version from today!

Smile))

- BigNoid - 2011-10-18

icky Wrote:@ noid

media flagss on osd are huge in git version from today!

Smile))

Yeah, that's the new design Big Grin

Fixed just now, thx Smile

- Thiele - 2011-10-18

Can't edit previous post...

Noid, I can disable fanart just to test it, but fanart is one of the most important parts of the skin, so I would rather not want to disable that all the time.

Maybe when using the Confluence skin it also takes more than a second to load the fanart, but still, I can browse the movie collection and the movie related info shows up instantly. This is not the case when I'm using the Aeon Nox skin. That's what I mean with that the skin doesn't run smoothly. The skin can't handle it all the browsing anymore, going from one movie to another, or loading movie related info get really slow, and eventually XBMC shuts down. I hope this makes it more clear to you.

Next, how is it possible that it takes longer on my ATV2 to load fanart compared to others? Any idea?

Thanks.