Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- gyrene2083 - 2009-01-16

I was looking at it the other night, did you make some more entries? I looked at it, and so far it looks good, if I think of more I shoot them your way. Did you see the thread I sent you? PM me to let me know what do you think?

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-16

gyrene2083 Wrote:I was looking at it the other night, did you make some more entries? I looked at it, and so far it looks good, if I think of more I shoot them your way. Did you see the thread I sent you? PM me to let me know what do you think?

Yeah, I added a FAQ, cleaned up the installation info, added an entry on how to format Fat32 drives to NTFS w/o data loss, and have basically been doing w/e I can think of to make it more user friendly.

About that thread, if you look, he's aware of the fact that MIP stores media info in the .nfo files, and is going to use that info for the media flagging. So, basically, if you're using the current version of MIP, you shouldn't have to do anything to get XBMC to recognize the media flags after everything is fully implemented. No filename tags required. Big Grin

Great with the filename tagging thing!!! Wink
But back to MIP and the tvshow thing. It's still having a problem, I was able to add Naruto Shippuden, now when I try to add Naruto it creates an nfo in the season 2 folder which is the same one it created for Naruto Shippuden.

Here's my folder structure;

D:\Anime\Naruto\Season 1 ( all the way through 9)
\Naruto Shippuden\Season 1 (all the way through 4)

Initially before moving to MIP I used Media Companion, and I initially had my folders setup like this

D:\Anime\Naruto\Season 1(all the way through 9)
\Shippuden(all the way through 4)

I didn't see the need to create a separte Parent directory for Shippuden since it was Naruto anyway, MC would pick up on that and append the Parent Name to the child folder, so it would read it as Naruto Shippuden. For some reason MIP wasn't doing that for me. So I took out the Shippuden child folder and made it a parent with the name Naruto Shippuden. Now MIP was able to see that and name everything accordingly.

The problem is that now when I point it to Naruto it just creates an nfo file named tvshow.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>Season 2 Introduction</title>
  <rating />
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>0</episode>
  <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
  <episodeguideurl />
  <plot />
  <thumb />
  <mpaa />
  <watched />
  <id />
  <tvdbid>81544</tvdbid>
  <premiered />
  <studio />
</tvshow>

The tvdbid 81544 is the same one that was created for the problem I had with Naruto Shippuden and again, it creates this file in the Season 2 folder. Any ideas? Seems like I get all the good problems, lol...Big Grin

- fekker - 2009-01-16

azido Wrote:for me this would be a perfect program if

- it would read movie plot/info/etc. from themoviedb.org instead of imdb
- will allow to select the preferred language of the above like it does for tv shows
- would use the great image overlay feature for tv shows also
- wouldn't be so restrictive in how one has to organize his movies/shows (xbmc and i.e. media companion find your stuff no matter how you organized your directory structure)

Please add feature requests for the above items.

I already have the tmdb data engine and xml engines in place, it's just a matter of telling it where to get the data. As more and more content gets into tmdb (which is my shortname for themoviedb.org) it will become the default source, it's actually much easier to get that data then imdb's list files.

Overlay for TV Shows is very easy to add, it's a modular component that with just a few changes can run against anything, or even be a standalone app (I did create a one off of that already.)

I do have plans to allow both folder and file mode, there will be two separate areas to add in the folders.. one will be file level, the other folder level. I could code an option to just find any movie, anywhere, but it's very messy. (i have not ruled it out, just need to determine the method that works best) Folder level mode is better in the long run, both in organization and expanding options.

- fekker - 2009-01-16

gyrene2083 Wrote:Great with the filename tagging thing!!! Wink
But back to MIP and the tvshow thing. It's still having a problem, I was able to add Naruto Shippuden, now when I try to add Naruto it creates an nfo in the season 2 folder which is the same one it created for Naruto Shippuden.

Here's my folder structure;

D:\Anime\Naruto\Season 1 ( all the way through 9)
\Naruto Shippuden\Season 1 (all the way through 4)

Initially before moving to MIP I used Media Companion, and I initially had my folders setup like this

D:\Anime\Naruto\Season 1(all the way through 9)
\Shippuden(all the way through 4)

I didn't see the need to create a separte Parent directory for Shippuden since it was Naruto anyway, MC would pick up on that and append the Parent Name to the child folder, so it would read it as Naruto Shippuden. For some reason MIP wasn't doing that for me. So I took out the Shippuden child folder and made it a parent with the name Naruto Shippuden. Now MIP was able to see that and name everything accordingly.

The problem is that now when I point it to Naruto it just creates an nfo file named tvshow.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>Season 2 Introduction</title>
  <rating />
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>0</episode>
  <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
  <episodeguideurl />
  <plot />
  <thumb />
  <mpaa />
  <watched />
  <id />
  <tvdbid>81544</tvdbid>
  <premiered />
  <studio />
</tvshow>

The tvdbid 81544 is the same one that was created for the problem I had with Naruto Shippuden and again, it creates this file in the Season 2 folder. Any ideas? Seems like I get all the good problems, lol...Big Grin

Please shoot me a debug log for the tv shows, i can generate a match of your scan structure and test it to determine the error.

- fekker - 2009-01-16

gyrene2083 Wrote:OK here's what an error msg I am getting.
Error
I am using the lastest build to by the way on Vistax64

Ok I got it working now. I cleared out all the cache again, and this time I deleted the temp files. It's weird but it's working.

I'm trying to remember where I saw this error in debugging a few weeks back, it was something dumb I was doing with the initial scan.. the tvshow debug log will show what's going on with things.

TV Show Loading / Status Logging...

That's all it says, the other thing is that everytime I restart MIP, it asks to restart the process of Loading TV Shows again.

- fekker - 2009-01-16

gyrene2083 Wrote:TV Show Loading / Status Logging...

That's all it says, the other thing is that everytime I restart MIP, it asks to restart the process of Loading TV Shows again.

create a 0k text file named "debugtvshows" to enable addtional show scanning output for debugging (the button is below near the top of the fanart image for tv shows).. this should put up a dialog with details and it will output the debug log data.

It will take longer (3 to 4 times longer) to scan as it's logging everything it can.

- Clumsy - 2009-01-16

I just switched to MIP because I needed something that works on linux. Before I go on with things I noticed I have to say one thing: the app is very good indeed, most of the functionality I need is there already and working quite good with wine (although the performance of the app GUI wise pretty much sucks here with compiz and my intel card - switching the theme for example takes about 5 seconds is is very sluggish - this translates to most of the GUI).

Things I noticed:

- The most annoying thing was the way the precaching works - for every item it downloads it opens and then afterwars closes a new popup window showing the progess and activates it. That means there is no way to let it work in the background because every 1 or 2 seconds a new window pops up and takes focus. I would think it would be better if there was one window that is activated at the beginning, shows a progress bar for the whole operation (it knows how many movies there are, so take that number and go one by one ?) and shows the individual progress just as it does atm in seperate windows as well in that same window. That way I can minimise it to the background and open it up if I want to know the status.

- The "how many -whatever- do you want to download?" boxes don't seem to work here, don't know if that is a bug in wine ? The input boxes aren't clickable here.

- The app doesn't seem to remember the size I last set it to on startup.

Other than those and some occasional crashes due to exceptions (always not reproducible unfortunately, maybe having to do with the way I access my media from a server that shuts down it's harddrives after some minutes of inactivity and the way those are mounted into my filesystem) I am very pleasantly surprised - good job!

fekker,

I don't see where that button is to enable the debug mode. I do have a tvshowdebug.log but it has what I posted above and that's all. Ok scratch that I found it here you go.

- fekker - 2009-01-16

hotzenpl0tz Wrote:I just switched to MIP because I needed something that works on linux. Before I go on with things I noticed I have to say one thing: the app is very good indeed, most of the functionality I need is there already and working quite good with wine (although the performance of the app GUI wise pretty much sucks here with compiz and my intel card - switching the theme for example takes about 5 seconds is is very sluggish - this translates to most of the GUI).

Things I noticed:

- The most annoying thing was the way the precaching works - for every item it downloads it opens and then afterwars closes a new popup window showing the progess and activates it. That means there is no way to let it work in the background because every 1 or 2 seconds a new window pops up and takes focus. I would think it would be better if there was one window that is activated at the beginning, shows a progress bar for the whole operation (it knows how many movies there are, so take that number and go one by one ?) and shows the individual progress just as it does atm in seperate windows as well in that same window. That way I can minimise it to the background and open it up if I want to know the status.

- The "how many -whatever- do you want to download?" boxes don't seem to work here, don't know if that is a bug in wine ? The input boxes aren't clickable here.

- The app doesn't seem to remember the size I last set it to on startup.

Other than those and some occasional crashes due to exceptions (always not reproducible unfortunately, maybe having to do with the way I access my media from a server that shuts down it's harddrives after some minutes of inactivity and the way those are mounted into my filesystem) I am very pleasantly surprised - good job!

I'll be moving the download dialog to within the control form, meaning it's not going to pop up anymore, but will still basically look the same. I don't like how it's handling the dialog creation right now and the weirdness with items under the application showing through.

There's an issue with the type of up/down buttons under wine, I'm hoping the next update to the component i'm using fixes it, that will be in the next build release. This may fix those random errors as well.

I haven't coded the option to remember the last size of things yet, but once the layout is finished, i'll try to get that working. As I add new areas, I generally have to shift things or embed it into another container.

There's also a hard crash in the app when adding new folders in the main window, yet the same code works in the getting started wizard without those errors.. that seems to be under 1.1.10

Wine has proven much easier then mono for getting it to run under different os's.

Do posters and fanart show up for selection for you under wine?

Ok I believe it is working now, my question is it supposed act as it's the first time to Load the TVShows? I keep getting prompted with Click on 'Load TV Shows' to start...

I would think I would have to do that once and that would be it. Now it appears that I have to do it every time I click on tvshows.

- fekker - 2009-01-16

gyrene2083 Wrote:Ok I believe it is working now, my question is it supposed act as it's the first time to Load the TVShows? I keep getting prompted with Click on 'Load TV Shows' to start...

I would think I would have to do that once and that would be it. Now it appears that I have to do it every time I click on tvshows.

Yeah, that's the default text on the screen when the program is opened.. MIP doesn't store anything (other then where to start looking for movies/ tv shows) about your specific media. It's all dynamic and on the fly.

- azido - 2009-01-16

yes, fekker,

thanks for that informative reply.

fekker Wrote:Please add feature requests for the above items.

i'll do..

Quote:I already have the tmdb data engine and xml engines in place, it's just a matter of telling it where to get the data. As more and more content gets into tmdb (which is my shortname for themoviedb.org) it will become the default source, it's actually much easier to get that data then imdb's list files.

as we speak on this, how hard would it be to have ofdb available also? i ask because it is a great resource when it comes down to german movie descriptions. all my movies so far were scraped from there.

Quote:]
Overlay for TV Shows is very easy to add, it's a modular component that with just a few changes can run against anything, or even be a standalone app (I did create a one off of that already.)

i would be very happy if you could point me to that standalone app. that way i could easily create personal overlays for i.e. season covers.

Quote:Folder level mode is better in the long run, both in organization and expanding options.

it might be for single sources, but if you like me have stuff widespread over different locations and also have offline stuff listed, file mode at least gives me the opportunity to "human read" what's in where more easily. so for me file mode will be perfect.

- Clumsy - 2009-01-16

Quote:Do posters and fanart show up for selection for you under wine?

Yep, seems to work fine here. If only those random crashes weren't there during precaching ...
One crash I think I found was when a movie had an extension with capital letters - in this case it was rear window 1954.ISO - I changed it to .iso and I think the crash might be resolved, but not totally sure yet.