Kodi Community Forum
Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=214009)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 10:49)Galefury Wrote: Any news on extended info ? It will available on Helix ?

I'm not sure yet, it will also depend on how fast Isengard will finalize. Progress is quite slow as it's still in quite an experimental stage. I'm currently rethinking several aspects of the implementation as I'm running into performance issues with the script.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Kolabor - 2015-03-08

Jeroen, I don't know if it's a bug on Kodi or reFocus side but try to scan one movie collection into library. Then try to change fanart for whole collection. The window where You choose specific image is populated by all fanarts coming from movies within collection (they're sorted from oldest to newest). Now, if You scroll to the right You'll see that fanart link changes (I mean the actual fanart image number). If You select any image from the FIRST item in movie collection (actually the first movie) then everything is all right, but if You'll choose any image from second movie or third movie (and so on), the fanart will be picked up wrongly. Check selected fanart link/url. It will wrongly pick the fanart but from FIRST movie only (so the image number in url is the same for first and second (or any else) movie).

And now for the request/idea. What do You think of adding an option to set two additional scroll speeds for Live TV EPG? Currently it smoothly scrolls to next item, but for me this is to slow/long. Why not make it like this:
Set EPG scroll speed: slow/normal/fast

Slow would be current speed. Normal would be two times faster than currently and fast would be skipping to next item in EPG without smooth scrolling. Possible?

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 09:44)Jeroen Wrote: Bugger, in that case it's my fault by setting that dependency. Thanks for the heads up Bryan.

I've sent in a new pull request with adjusted add-on dependencies. @fedex-bermu: updating that add-on Bryan mentioned will indeed fix this for you. Another option is to wait for the corrected build to be pushed to the Kodi repo, which usually happens pretty fast. Sorry for the inconvenience.

reFocus 2.0.10 should now be available on the Kodi repository and should not give trouble with dependencies not met.

Changelog:

FIX: marking a resumable item as watched or unwatched didn't update the overlay icon properly
FIX: removed xbmc mention in english add-on description
FIX: widgets overlapping rss ticker (horizontal home menu only)
FIX: volume dialog should mention when passthrough audio is enabled
UPDATE: translations
ADDED: direct access to settings windows for supported addons.

(2015-03-08, 16:24)Kolabor Wrote: Jeroen, I don't know if it's a bug on Kodi or reFocus side but try to scan one movie collection into library. Then try to change fanart for whole collection. The window where You choose specific image is populated by all fanarts coming from movies within collection (they're sorted from oldest to newest). Now, if You scroll to the right You'll see that fanart link changes (I mean the actual fanart image number). If You select any image from the FIRST item in movie collection (actually the first movie) then everything is all right, but if You'll choose any image from second movie or third movie (and so on), the fanart will be picked up wrongly. Check selected fanart link/url. It will wrongly pick the fanart but from FIRST movie only (so the image number in url is the same for first and second (or any else) movie).

And now for the request/idea. What do You think of adding an option to set two additional scroll speeds for Live TV EPG? Currently it smoothly scrolls to next item, but for me this is to slow/long. Why not make it like this:

Slow would be current speed. Normal would be two times faster than currently and fast would be skipping to next item in EPG without smooth scrolling. Possible?

Regarding the first issue: I can't think of anything skin specific regarding this, the process of selecting fanart, thumbnails etc is all handled by Kodi, but I'll have a check.

Regarding the request, this may be possible but I'm not completely sure. I will have to look into it.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Deeco - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-07, 12:40)Jeroen Wrote: There's already an option for a horizontal menu layout, see skin settings.

Yes, but it's not really appealing. Please consider a redesign or if you can point to me how to edit.

Thank you.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-09, 16:15)Deeco Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 12:40)Jeroen Wrote: There's already an option for a horizontal menu layout, see skin settings.

Yes, but it's not really appealing. Please consider a redesign or if you can point to me how to edit.

Thank you.

As I said, I can't please everyone. Opinions and all. I am not considering a redesign. HomeMenu.xml among others.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Wipeout - 2015-03-10

OK, this has me stumped. I have had reFocus installed for a while now, and when I powered up Kodi on my Nexus Player, suddenly the screen went black and when it came back, the default Kodi skin appeared instead and reFocus was no longer installed. When I attempt to install it, I get the error "Installation failed" - I've tried both from the repo and a zip file, same result.

Debug log doesn't show me anything that screams "error" but: http://xbmclogs.com/p1qtr0ija

...is it something I did? It was working until last night and the only thing I know changed is that it went to update the skin, then it disappeared. The dependencies should all be there still (I went and looked, and everything seemed to be there).

UPDATE: Manually extracting it out and copying it in appears to have worked -- installing via repo or zip file continued to fail. Very strange...hopefully it's just me.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-12

I see a bunch of folder and file deleting in that log, as well as the repo add-on having been uninstalled? Very weird, really can't think of anything that could cause this to be honest. I recently updated two devices to 2.0.10 myself and haven't experienced this.
Glad you got it working though

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-14

(2015-03-08, 16:24)Kolabor Wrote: And now for the request/idea. What do You think of adding an option to set two additional scroll speeds for Live TV EPG? Currently it smoothly scrolls to next item, but for me this is to slow/long. Why not make it like this:

So, as this is possible I have been doing some thinking about it. I'm willing to include two or three speed settings for this (maybe add an "instant" setting that removes (almost) all animation from the scrolling?) but I think it would be better to make these apply to other lists too. Currently there are two global scroll speeds / animations. One used on list / text views and one slightly longer is used on all "art-based" lists. These are global values so that the scrolling is the same speed everywhere. It doesn't feel right to me to make this setting EPG specific, so I think a configurable global setting would be the better way to go. Will have to see how this will work out when actually coding it as I would have to use nested includes but I think it will not be a problem.

If you want to try out adjusting the speed manually you can open Includes.xml and look for this around line 56:

PHP Code:
<include name="global_Scrolltime">
    <
scrolltime tween="Quadratic" easing="Out">400</scrolltime>
</include> 

and lower the value. I was thinking of using 150 or 200 for the "Fast" setting, but let me know what you think about that.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Kolabor - 2015-03-16

OK Jeroen, I'll let You know tomorrow. Today is my last day in hospital.
But to be honest I must say that I like scroll speeds of every other item/list or anything in reFocus. Just EPG is too slow. For me instant skip to next position is the best solution (without any easing), but I proposed three settings to happy everyone.

Tell me if it's possible to change it later but ONLY for EPG list?

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Kolabor - 2015-03-17

(2015-03-14, 19:31)Jeroen Wrote: If you want to try out adjusting the speed manually you can open Includes.xml and look for this around line 56:

PHP Code:
    <
</include> 

and lower the value. I was thinking of using 150 or 200 for the "Fast" setting, but let me know what you think about that.

Tried both and 150 is too fast. 200 fits perfectly for Fast setting. So we have:
* Normal = 400
* Fast = 200
* Instant = 0

So maybe to happy You and me (Tongue) and other reFocus users divide this to two settings:
* Lists/items scroll speed: normal/fast/instant
* EPG list scroll speed: normal/fast/instant

But I don't know if it's possible to divide it that way Huh
For sure settings this globally kills most beauty of this perfect skin.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Scott00007 - 2015-03-19

I am having trouble getting TV show logos to show up on the home screen of my HTPC. I have tried several times to get them to show up. I turn on the option in the settings, download the logo's (using the option in settings and using the artwork downloader addon) and nothing shows up. I have tried logging out, complete shutdowns and nothing seems to work. I have the exact same setup on my laptop and at first I couldn't the logos to show up. Somehow (I really don't know how) they started showing up. Now when I turn them off in the settings they do not stop showing up.

I am running helix on both machines and the settings are identical. When I go to manage artwork all of the logos show up there.

Is there a way I can force the logo's to show up in the xml or something?

Edit - I found the setting in guisettings.xml and changing the setting does change the value (true to false ect) but it doesn't seem to matter. On my laptop the logos show up and even when I change the guisettings value to false (or change it by toggling the setting within Kodi) there is no difference.

Not sure what else to try.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Scott00007 - 2015-03-19

I figured out my problem. I am not sure what the "enable logos for TV Shows" does but to get the logos on the home screen I had to toggle the "Show the logo" option under "Use a slideshow of your fanart". So problem solved for me.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Jeroen - 2015-03-20

Sorry I've been a bit absent, busy with some other stuff and I have been feeling a bit sick.

(2015-03-17, 18:00)Kolabor Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 19:31)Jeroen Wrote: If you want to try out adjusting the speed manually you can open Includes.xml and look for this around line 56:

PHP Code:
    <
</include> 

Tried both and 150 is too fast. 200 fits perfectly for Fast setting. So we have:
* Normal = 400
* Fast = 200
* Instant = 0

So maybe to happy You and me (Tongue) and other reFocus users divide this to two settings:
* Lists/items scroll speed: normal/fast/instant
* EPG list scroll speed: normal/fast/instant

But I don't know if it's possible to divide it that way Huh
For sure settings this globally kills most beauty of this perfect skin.

Maybe we could just have the scrolltime for the EPG set to 200 by default? Personally I don't mind as I don't use the PVR at all.

(2015-03-19, 07:41)Scott00007 Wrote: I figured out my problem. I am not sure what the "enable logos for TV Shows" does but to get the logos on the home screen I had to toggle the "Show the logo" option under "Use a slideshow of your fanart". So problem solved for me.

That option will show TV show logos in the library views, like this:

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Kolabor - 2015-03-21

(2015-03-20, 22:50)Jeroen Wrote: Maybe we could just have the scrolltime for the EPG set to 200 by default? Personally I don't mind as I don't use the PVR at all.

For me only solution is 0.
So… Is there any way that I could change it only for myslef? I've been looking for EPG or Timeline XML file in reFocus folder but didn't found anything.

RE: reFocus 2.0 for Helix - Ballistic - 2015-03-21

Hi Jeroen,

A short while ago you made a new IncludesHome.xml for me because i was having troubles with slow fanart loading times (30secs after Kodi startup)
I updated my test build to Refocus 2.0.10 today and i am again having the slow loading issues.

This time the custom IncludesHome.xml does not fix the issue and it takes upto 1 minute for the widget images to load.

I am not really having a good feeling with the new Refocus versions. I am noticing alot of bugs like fanart disappearing and other instability issues like sudden XBMC crashes when starting scripts. (Youtube, Xot-uzgx etc)
Refocus 1.3.3 is rock solid and my alltime favorite Is it weird to say that maybe it is a good idea to take a step back and continue work from 1.3.3 to make it compatible with Kodi14? 1.3.3 works on Kodi with fast loading fanart but ofcourse alot of bugs.
Currently, refocus is not stable for me and i will have to look into using a different skin.