Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-05-09

Look who actually seems to be lashing out...

I haven't revised the core of the actual instructions. I have only made it clear that they are not for novice/first time/inexperienced users.

The instructions are for making Personal API Keys. They are not instructions for how to use the YouTube addon.

As for me saying you are trolling, I stand by this. I am not attacking you. Several users have already called you out in this thread and suspect it won't be the last time. As a minimum the wording in your posts is often extremely impolite.

The matter is now closed as far as I am concerned.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - randomuser - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 08:56)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 23:55)randomuser Wrote: How's it going. Thanks for keeping this addon going. I'm looking at custom widgets, tried a few different things but I've been unsuccessful so I figured I'd ask here. I'm trying to make a custom home widget that displays my subscriptions. Is this possible and if so what is the code I would need to put in to get this info? Thanks for your time.

Yes it is possible and you can try the following code for your custom home widget (it's what I use):
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/

A couple of tips:

- If you use the Xonfluence skin (and maybe other skins too) you can first add the 'My Subscriptions' section to your Kodi Favourites, and after select this favourite in your skin settings as a custom home widget. This means you don't have to find and enter the code manually and it works for other addons in a similar way too (and you can delete it from your Kodi Favourites afterwards).

- If you are a more experienced user, you can also add the relevant section that you want to use for your custom home widget to your Kodi Favourites, and after open your favourites.xml file to find the code (which will be in a similar format as above).

Hope this helps Smile

Thanks very much for this info. The tip with the favorites.xml will be especially helpful. I have it working and that tip gives me more customization options.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 14:01)randomuser Wrote: Thanks very much for this info. The tip with the favorites.xml will be especially helpful. I have it working and that tip gives me more customization options.

Cool CoolNod

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - fisix - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 08:40)jmh2002 Wrote: I didn't include instructions about how to install, setup, sign in, or activate the YouTube addon itself.
I have now edited my instructions to more clearly state this.

Anyone who has already signed in and used the standard Kodi YouTube addon also already understands what the "normal 2 x web activation" is.

Making personal keys is probably not for first time users that have not yet been able sign in by following the standard Kodi YouTube addon onscreen popup instruction that clearly states: "go to youtube.com/activate and enter the following code xxxx-xxxx" (this is the normal 2 x web activation).

Also when actually carrying out the steps in my instructions (rather than just maybe reading them), this "normal 2 x web activation" step will be very clear and without any ambiguity Smile

Thanks. I've never signed in using the addon because I've never really wanted to trade my login credentials for that capability (just being paranoid).

However, reading through this thread (24 pages being much less daunting than ~270 in the previous thread), it appears that acquiring user specific API keys (so as not to bogart the public API keys and impact their usage quota) would potentially benefit me (no quota issues, potentially useful functionality as I lean towards cutting the cord), the community (removing my usage from the burden on the public API key usage quota), and the developers (help test the latest builds). So, with that calculus in mind, I was thinking the potential benefits make it worthwhile to go through the process of acquiring the keys, using your instructions, even though it requires using my youtube login creds.

Anyway, that's why I didn't know what you meant by the quoted section of the old instructions - I've used various addons since chipping my old original xbox more than a decade ago, but rarely linked that usage with external accounts (it's even more problematic now, given the recent new more stringent requirements for youtube account credentials). My guess is that there will be more people like me, finding this thread because the old addon support ended, and anything that helps reduce their burden on the usage quotas for the public API keys is probably a good thing.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jdf76 - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 21:47)fisix Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 08:40)jmh2002 Wrote: I didn't include instructions about how to install, setup, sign in, or activate the YouTube addon itself.
I have now edited my instructions to more clearly state this.

Anyone who has already signed in and used the standard Kodi YouTube addon also already understands what the "normal 2 x web activation" is.

Making personal keys is probably not for first time users that have not yet been able sign in by following the standard Kodi YouTube addon onscreen popup instruction that clearly states: "go to youtube.com/activate and enter the following code xxxx-xxxx" (this is the normal 2 x web activation).

Also when actually carrying out the steps in my instructions (rather than just maybe reading them), this "normal 2 x web activation" step will be very clear and without any ambiguity Smile

Thanks. I've never signed in using the addon because I've never really wanted to trade my login credentials for that capability (just being paranoid).

However, reading through this thread (24 pages being much less daunting than ~270 in the previous thread), it appears that acquiring user specific API keys (so as not to bogart the public API keys and impact their usage quota) would potentially benefit me (no quota issues, potentially useful functionality as I lean towards cutting the cord), the community (removing my usage from the burden on the public API key usage quota), and the developers (help test the latest builds). So, with that calculus in mind, I was thinking the potential benefits make it worthwhile to go through the process of acquiring the keys, using your instructions, even though it requires using my youtube login creds.

Anyway, that's why I didn't know what you meant by the quoted section of the old instructions - I've used various addons since chipping my old original xbox more than a decade ago, but rarely linked that usage with external accounts (it's even more problematic now, given the recent new more stringent requirements for youtube account credentials). My guess is that there will be more people like me, finding this thread because the old addon support ended, and anything that helps reduce their burden on the usage quotas for the public API keys is probably a good thing.

The idea of a API key is so people who are very familiar with the way the API system @ google is better. The next batch of API keys we have, has 50,000,000 queries vs the standard 1,000,000 queries. Hopefully this will eliminate for some people to create their own API Key. The other reason why I personally am not a fan of the everyone registers for their own API key is, not everyone uses a computer or is a coder, so the idea of having it work, is what I'd like to do.

That being said, it's just my 2 cents, but doing take it as the law of the land.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - jmh2002 - 2016-05-10

Jeff, I totally agree with you. Making and using Personal API Keys should be considered an advanced extra step only for experienced users.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - EngineerPeter - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-05, 14:08)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Just get the version 5.1.20.7 above from my github https://github.com/h0d3nt3uf3l/plugin.video.youtube

Changed a few minutes ago the default login. Every user will get on the same Project, because we have getting an increase from google I think. Just saw that the quota is from 50.000 getting to 50.000.000 ! Big Grin
jdf76 did a request for the higher quota I think, maybe its due to him.

Please give me responce if this work proper. I'll get the Version to the Kodi-Repo as soon as possible.

Installed this version on Friday and have been testing it all weekend and last night and it works perfectly for me. no hassles what so ever!

Thanks for sorting this addon - Family very happy!

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - sniferx1 - 2016-05-10

Hi Guys

I got all working. Do you know why the 1080p quality streams not showing up? When select "Always ask for quality" it's only showing maximum of 720p. When I open it on PC I can see streams up up to 4K.

DO you know how to fix this issue?
HuhHuhHuh

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - speedwell68 - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-10, 13:08)sniferx1 Wrote: Hi Guys

I got all working. Do you know why the 1080p quality streams not showing up? When select "Always ask for quality" it's only showing maximum of 720p. When I open it on PC I can see streams up up to 4K.

HuhHuhHuh

AFAIK the highest resolution support by Youtube in Kodi is 720p. There is no fix that is as good as it gets.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - bluethor - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-10, 14:34)speedwell68 Wrote:

HuhHuhHuh

AFAIK the highest resolution support by Youtube in Kodi is 720p. There is no fix that is as good as it gets.
This should really be added to the OP in some fashion. I think it gets asked enough to warrant it, imo.

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - compy - 2016-05-10

DASH Krypton 17.

HuhHuhHuh

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - DjDiabolik - 2016-05-10

Hi boys.... i have a little question for you for a feature but it's possibly it's already possibly to obtain this... i try to explain:

Now from my Android smartphone i can "share" (using Yatse) a video from official youtube app to my Pi2 and i can watch the "sharing video" directly on my tv..............

It's possibly to obtain a similar feature when i stay to watch a video from a browser of my PC ?? Example... if i want to reproduce a video how i can send directly from my pc to my Pi2 and watching directly on my tv like i already can be obtain using yatse ??
My Pi2 it's reachable from an ip adreess (192.168.1.4) and my pc it's connect to same lan (192.168.1.2) and from browser i can open the web page of osmc but i don't know if it's possibly to share a video using this panel...............

If someone has understand how i need to do.. can suggest me how can i do ? Thanks in advance...........

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - DjDiabolik - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-05, 14:08)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Just get the version 5.1.20.7 above from my github https://github.com/h0d3nt3uf3l/plugin.video.youtube

Changed a few minutes ago the default login. Every user will get on the same Project, because we have getting an increase from google I think. Just saw that the quota is from 50.000 getting to 50.000.000 ! Big Grin

Please give me responce if this work proper. I'll get the Version to the Kodi-Repo as soon as possible.

Sorry for double post......... but i want you to suggest for future version to maintain the same folder like the addons on repo.
Looking inside your zip the plugins it's inside "plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.7" folder........if i install it over the 5.1.20.6 picked from repo i obtain a DOUBLE FOLDER for same plugins because the repo addons it's installed on "plugin.video.youtube".

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - DarrenHill - 2016-05-10

There is a Chrome extension plugin in their plugin store which allows you to play to Kodi.

See here for more details. Which browser are you using on the PC?

RE: YouTube Plug-in **New Thread*** - h0d3nt3uf3l - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-10, 17:10)DjDiabolik Wrote: Hi boys.... i have a little question for you for a feature but it's possibly it's already possibly to obtain this... i try to explain:

Now from my Android smartphone i can "share" (using Yatse) a video from official youtube app to my Pi2 and i can watch the "sharing video" directly on my tv..............

It's possibly to obtain a similar feature when i stay to watch a video from a browser of my PC ?? Example... if i want to reproduce a video how i can send directly from my pc to my Pi2 and watching directly on my tv like i already can be obtain using yatse ??
My Pi2 it's reachable from an ip adreess (192.168.1.4) and my pc it's connect to same lan (192.168.1.2) and from browser i can open the web page of osmc but i don't know if it's possibly to share a video using this panel...............

If someone has understand how i need to do.. can suggest me how can i do ? Thanks in advance...........

For Firefox there is "Send to XBMC"

(2016-05-10, 17:13)DjDiabolik Wrote:

Sorry for double post......... but i want you to suggest for future version to maintain the same folder like the addons on repo.
Looking inside your zip the plugins it's inside "plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.7" folder........if i install it over the 5.1.20.6 picked from repo i obtain a DOUBLE FOLDER for same plugins because the repo addons it's installed on "plugin.video.youtube".

Sorry Diabolik,
I know that issue. Didn't have it in mind while zipping the folder.