Kodi Community Forum
TvOS Kodi Build - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: TvOS Kodi Build (/showthread.php?tid=312805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-07-19

(2019-07-18, 18:41)Cyku007 Wrote: Is there an IPA like Kodi 17.6? So that I can load it onto my Apple TV like Kodi 17 via Xcode and IOSAPPSigner

Not yet. Once the PRs are in there will be official nightlies.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - DarrenHill - 2019-07-19

(2019-07-18, 13:58)phunkyfish Wrote: I don't know if the DB changed in 19, but then again I'm not the person to ask. There was substantial change needed to get it working so wasn't something we could do on 18. That branch should be good now.

I guess you could just back up your DB and try it Wink

You can see the database ID's in the wiki (here --> database (wiki)).

Per that listing the ID hasn't changed yet except the TV one (the video DB is still 116), but you can see for the current build you're using either in the debug log (wiki) or of course in the files in the userdata (wiki) database folder.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - Cyku007 - 2019-07-19

(2019-07-19, 00:16)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 18:41)Cyku007 Wrote: Is there an IPA like Kodi 17.6? So that I can load it onto my Apple TV like Kodi 17 via Xcode and IOSAPPSigner

Not yet. Once the PRs are in there will be official nightlies.

Thanks, Do you know about when an ipa will be released?

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-07-19

Once it’s possible to build for TvOS from master. No timeline for that I’m afraid.

When we get there Official nightlies should start. We also have a PR in iOS app signer so you can get kodi with top shelf all working.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - freddy12 - 2019-07-19

im excited .  ive missed kodi since switching to apple tv

TvOS Kodi Build - hoppel118 - 2019-07-19

Really fantastic!!!

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - DanTheMan827 - 2019-07-22

I just built the branch for myself and one thing I noticed almost right away is that the button mappings for the Siri Remote are a little wonky.

Using left and right in media playback to seek doesn't work, nor can you access the menus during playback

When using the match Siri remote behavior, it has issues going left and right, not sure if that's a theme issue or something else though

I haven't used it a lot so far, but I'll give it a shot and see if I find anything else

DVD ISO playback also seems broken.

Regardless of the issues, this is still very nice.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - Boydford - 2019-07-22

(2019-07-22, 00:43)DanTheMan827 Wrote: I just built the branch for myself and one thing I noticed almost right away is that the button mappings for the Siri Remote are a little wonky.

Using left and right in media playback to seek doesn't work, nor can you access the menus during playback

When using the match Siri remote behavior, it has issues going left and right, not sure if that's a theme issue or something else though

I haven't used it a lot so far, but I'll give it a shot and see if I find anything else

Can I please ask which branch and which build guide you used?

I’m also wondering if I will have an issue as I’m on the beta of iOS 13 on my Apple TV, which will no doubt also case problems.....

Thanks in advance for any info

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - lykaios - 2019-07-23

Finally got around to building the branch last week. It runs extremely well, I’m very impressed by the work you all have completed the last few months. I haven’t encountered any crashes or bugs so far! Quick question though. Is HDR currently supported? I assume it isn’t compatible just yet unless I’ve done something wrong.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - Fuzzard - 2019-07-23

It isnt, and there is no displayrate switching either.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - phunkyfish - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-22, 00:43)DanTheMan827 Wrote: I just built the branch for myself and one thing I noticed almost right away is that the button mappings for the Siri Remote are a little wonky.

With the remote we need to figure out do we mimic tvOS behaviour or Kodi remote behaviour. There is also users that only use CEC, not sure where that should end up.

You may need some binary addons for DVD ISO playback. We don't have those all working yet.

(2019-07-22, 07:15)Boydford Wrote:

Can I please ask which branch and which build guide you used?

I’m also wondering if I will have an issue as I’m on the beta of iOS 13 on my Apple TV, which will no doubt also case problems.....

Thanks in advance for any info 

The build guide in this branch: https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/tree/master_darwin-embedded-ATV

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - DanTheMan827 - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 15:20)phunkyfish Wrote:

With the remote we need to figure out do we mimic tvOS behaviour or Kodi remote behaviour. There is also users that only use CEC, not sure where that should end up.

You may need some binary addons for DVD ISO playback. We don't have those all working yet.  

CEC with tvOS just emulates an Apple IR remote I believe, and because of that, it's limited to pretty much just the buttons that the Siri remote has (arrows, play/pause, menu, and ok)

For IR, the mappings are pretty much the same as what the yab branch has it seems

I've never had it happen, but the folder that the entire Kodi profile is located in can be cleared by tvOS at any time if it needs space for a software update or something, @Memphiz worked around that somewhat in the yab branch by storing every XML file in the preferences plist since that shouldn't get cleared

Do you also think maybe the DB settings should be visible in the UI? This is more of a general Kodi thing, but it affects sandboxed Kodi more than others

Is there any kind of addon that would allow people to connect over FTP or something to modify the Kodi profile perhaps?

The preferences plist would only work for files we know about, would be tricky for add-ons where we don’t know the set of files. But I guess for a default list makes sense.

I think you can update the files using file manager. That’s the only way currently.

RE: TvOS Kodi Build - iri1 - 2019-07-25

Hi all,

First of all, I wanted to tell everyone how much we appreciate the work you've all done and how much was put into this, coming from those forum posts last year that TVOS will be hard to be supported without help, to almost nightly builds... so thank you all again for everything!

I wanted to build it myself until something official is launched, but I'm not so expert with Git and Xcode, maybe someone can point me to right directions please.
Is this the right guide to use?
https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc/blob/master_darwin-embedded-ATV/docs/README.tvOS.md

And when running the git clone, will be something like this:
git clone -b Krypton https://github.com/fuzzard/xbmc kodi

Do we need to change Krypton to Matrix to get version 19?

Thank you again!