Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - runner2000x - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-24, 17:38)[brick] Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 01:41)runner2000x Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 19:57)Carb0 Wrote: NHL Vault isn't up to date that's why you only have games up to the 16th of March. It's not an error in the addon.

I wanted to say thanks for such a great addon, but also I seem to be having the same problem with the lack of updates to the archive games.
I thought the same thing at first ... NHL Vault must not be updating, but I logged into their web based flash site and it IS updated there. I only get games thru March 16th with the addon, but NHL Vault has games thru March 21.... hmmmm

Not here, or at least not the way I took to get into the Vault, which was:

start at nhl.com
Scores | NHL GameCenter Live then click on Go to NHL GameCenter Live, then click on NHL Vault, which brings me to this page: http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/console.jsp and if I click on the Condensed tab I see March games up to the 16th and not including the 14th. Same as the plugin. That's as of this writing, Sunday the 24th around noon EST.
That is interesting. I just looked and it does seem like the "condensed" games are still back at the 16th. I never watch those, I always watch the whole games. If you check under the condensed tab its stuck at the 16th, but the archive tab is at the 21st. I guess there is still something up with the NHL Vault, but can anyone explain why the addon has archive and condensed and both only seem to show games up to the 16th? I would think it would match whatever is being shown at the official NHL Vault site.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-03-25

unbelievable buffereing problem today with the plug in
reset modem, router and computer
download speeds 26-32 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up
on same computer through browser, everything is smooth
through plug in................ buff buff ................buffereing.
anyone else ?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - robla - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 02:05)Swiper the Fox Wrote: unbelievable buffereing problem today with the plug in
anyone else ?

I doubt it was caused by the plugin.
The browser uses different servers/files (HDS as compared to this plugin's HLS).
Since every little box and tv/mobile Gamecenter app use HLS I am guessing the HLS servers have to face a lot more requests!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - runner2000x - 2013-03-26

I just checked and it seems to have resolved itself.... Archived games are back thru March 24th when using the addon

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jdrobinson - 2013-03-27

I have issues with the add-on randomly closing back to the screens making me select a game. It's very sporadic and I can't replicate it if I wanted to. Sometimes it happens every couple of minutes, other times I can watch and entire game without it happening.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-03-27

Still getting unbelievable buffering problems
often it just gets stuck on a % and stays there
i don't have any issues downloading files and
can get large files at 2.75 to 3.20 MB/sec
and as i said, browser ( IE and/chrome both) flawless, no buffering

its weird
do i need to do the 12.1 update ?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Ryan_Wall - 2013-03-27

I too am dealing with a buffering issue.

New install of XBMC 12.1

Running version 0.4.4

Settings currently at HD video quality of 3000 Kbit/s

I can view Gamecenter through my Chrome browser without buffering ever being an issue. So bandwiidth should be fine.

I did create the "<cachemembuffersize>524288000</cachemembuffersize>" advanced setting that I found in an effort to deal with the problem to no avail.

XBMC is not only more convienent but it also is easier to use than the browser based option. Let's hope I figure this out.

Thanks for the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Ryan_Wall - 2013-03-30

Partialy fixed the problem by disabling the hardware acceleration. Still not smooth but i can watch in more than 2 minute increments.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - JohnnyVBC - 2013-03-31

Hoping someone can help. I am having Login issues.. I have tried with a username only like the first post states but I am still getting my credentials are incorrect. I have noticed when I log in directly I have to use my [email protected]. Is there a work around for this. I am using XBMC Frodo on a crystalbuntu 2.0 build.

Thank you for reading my post and hope someone can help

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - JohnnyVBC - 2013-03-31

I figured it out. I had to amend my true username on nhl.com in my account settings. If anyone else has the same issue. That seemed to work. Great Add On!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-03-31

I just uploaded a new version of the addon:

- Added option to select stream quality for each game individually (Video Quality (HTTP): Always Ask)
- Added option to display "@" instead of "vs." in game titles
- Date and time is localized now
- Fixed title strings for archived and condensed games on OPENELEC

(2013-03-25, 11:11)robla Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 02:05)Swiper the Fox Wrote: unbelievable buffereing problem today with the plug in
anyone else ?

I doubt it was caused by the plugin.
The browser uses different servers/files (HDS as compared to this plugin's HLS).
Since every little box and tv/mobile Gamecenter app use HLS I am guessing the HLS servers have to face a lot more requests!

Exactly. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the buffering at the moment.

(2013-03-27, 02:26)jdrobinson Wrote: I have issues with the add-on randomly closing back to the screens making me select a game. It's very sporadic and I can't replicate it if I wanted to. Sometimes it happens every couple of minutes, other times I can watch and entire game without it happening.

Post a debug log if it happens again.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-04-01

yesterday: watched Flyes game / and Jets games
no bufffering whatsoever

Today: Entire first half of 1st period of flyers/washington game today (so far)
has been buffering like crazy
going back to Internet Explorer browser for periods 2 and 3
no issues with browser last half of first..........
has to be something with the plug in and all the buffereing issues............. damn near unusable again today

My internet speeds are more than enough to support this streaming
as it always works fine in browser
is no one else have this problem with this add-on ? at all

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-04-01

As it has been mentioned in this thread before, the buffering is probably caused by a high server load (if you're absolutely sure that it's not an issue on your end).

You can't compare this addon with the website. They use different streaming technologies and probably different servers. This addon uses the same streams as the Gamecenter apps that are availble on the Xbox 360, PS3 and so on. If it works on those platforms but doesn't work in the addon, it's an issue with the addon/XBMC otherwise it's a server issue.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - derebela - 2013-04-01

Hi, thanks for this great add-on! I just started using it last month and it has been working flawlessly until last night. While it is still working as expected on both of my AppleTV2 units, it's no longer working on my Macbook via XBMC where I get this error message: "Script failed!: gamecenter.py"

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

D.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-04-01

When do you get that error message? Can you post a log?