Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - isamu.dragon - 2015-05-29

Just curious, but have there been any updates?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - natethomas - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-29, 00:21)isamu.dragon Wrote: Just curious, but have there been any updates?

Nope. Garbear is on vacation atm. Gonna need some patience.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - isamu.dragon - 2015-05-29

(2015-05-29, 01:02)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 00:21)isamu.dragon Wrote: Just curious, but have there been any updates?

Nope. Garbear is on vacation atm. Gonna need some patience.

Didn't know, hope he gets some great rest wherever he is

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - garbear - 2015-06-12

hey guys! back from vacation #2 last night - spent a month backpacking the scottish highlands. covered more than 100mi / 160km of forest, lake, mountain and bog. great trip

vacation #3 is in progress now (vacation #1 was spent in Turkey). I'll be in Yosemite for the next week, but I'm car camping instead of backpacking so I can afford the weight of a laptop and cell phone.

I tried to make some builds before Turkey but alpha 2 wasnt mature enough to get everything working. When I rebase on beta 2 things should be working well enough (I hope)

Not a lot of internet in the valley, so if I feel like getting work done I'll do the rebase & other tasks that don't require internet. The main lodge might have wifi, if not I'll upload my progress when I return to civilization next thursday

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Woerd88 - 2015-06-12

Nice!Have fun on your last vacation.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - zag - 2015-06-12

Amazing trip! I should really do the Scotland thing as its on my doorstep!

Nice to have you back Wink

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Scourge - 2015-06-12

Good to see you made it out of Scotland alive. Some of the bogs nearly kept me there permanently during my own backpack trip last year Wink

Take your time and relax... we want you back in full strength in a week Tongue

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - garbear - 2015-06-23

I uploaded a windows and osx build to the OP. I haven't tested them yet... this is just the first time i've gotten the build system to work on all three platforms. I'm posting my progress here, in case anyone wants to try it.

The build system stuff is a drag, two of my computers are down and I'm doing everything in VMs. My poor macbook can hardly keep up. If you'd like to help, try compiling Kodi and the add-ons for your platform and post your error messages here!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - zag - 2015-06-23

Unfortunately I get

"ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting"

Latest Windows build from the first thread. Clean install.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Scourge - 2015-06-23

The Windows installer ran perfectly, and I managed to reach the end screen of the installer. However, the program will not run.

k, it looks like the build I produced in the windows VM isn't gonna run. my other two windows computers are in even worse shape - they can't compile the app without crashing or freezing

can anyone help with windows? I'm at the limit of what I and my hardware can do

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - da-anda - 2015-06-23

might jenkins be able to build your branch?

i tried recently and couldn't find the page I used before to schedule manual builds. do i need special permissions?

I ran into some cmake bugs and ended up having to compile some parts in release mode and copying some files by hand, so jenkins probably won't be able to handle it

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Montellese - 2015-06-23

I can take a look at it. The build I made for myself a while ago worked fine but I had to manually integrate (and fix) and build the cmake addons which is why jenkins won't work right now. If we'd integrate some of the working periphery/game addons into the list of default binary addons it might be possible to do it with jenkins.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Montellese - 2015-06-23

OK I tried to build your retroplayer-15beta2 branch on win32 in VS and it builds fine but it doesn't start.
The end of the debug output in VS is
Code:
Debug Print: PERIPHERAL - PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralAddon::CreateAddon - creating peripheral add-on instance 'Joystick Support'
Debug Print: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Joystick Support
Debug Print: SECTION:LoadDLL(E:\Coding\Cpp\xbmc.montellese\addons\peripheral.joystick\peripheral.joystick.dll)
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Coding\Cpp\xbmc.montellese\addons\peripheral.joystick\peripheral.joystick.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Debug Print: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
- LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Coding\Cpp\xbmc.montellese\addons\library.xbmc.addon\libXBMC_addon.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp120d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Coding\Cpp\xbmc.montellese\addons\library.kodi.peripheral\libKODI_peripheral.dll'. Symbols loaded.
Debug Print: Previous line repeats 1 times.
Debug Print: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "XInput1_4.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
Debug Print: Dll XInput1_4.dll was not found in path
Debug Print: LoadLibrary('XInput1_4.dll') failed
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\xinput1_3.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Debug Print: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Loaded XInput DLL version 1.3
Debug Print: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Loaded XInput symbols (GetState=04F92AA0, SetState=04F92C20, GetCaps=04F92DA0)
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Kodi.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
First-chance exception at 0x77269E33 (ntdll.dll) in Kodi.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000014.
First-chance exception at 0x7582C42D in Kodi.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: access_violation at memory location 0x0027E268.
First-chance exception at 0x7582C42D in Kodi.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: access_violation at memory location 0x0027E268.
Unhandled exception at 0x77269E33 (ntdll.dll) in Kodi.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000014.
and the debugger stops at xbmc/addons/DllAddon.h:47 with the following callstack:
Code:
>    Kodi.exe!DllAddon<PeripheralAddon,PERIPHERAL_PROPERTIES>::Create(void * p1, PERIPHERAL_PROPERTIES * p2) Line 47    C++
    Kodi.exe!ADDON::CAddonDll<DllPeripheral,PeripheralAddon,PERIPHERAL_PROPERTIES>::Create() Line 233    C++
    Kodi.exe!PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralAddon::CreateAddon() Line 112    C++
    Kodi.exe!PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusAddon::PerformDeviceScan(PERIPHERALS::PeripheralScanResults & results) Line 104    C++
    Kodi.exe!PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::ScanForDevices() Line 125    C++
    Kodi.exe!PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::Initialise() Line 228    C++
    Kodi.exe!PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::Initialise() Line 102    C++
    Kodi.exe!CApplication::Create() Line 678    C++
so it looks like one of the peripheral addons (since there's only peripheral.joystick there's not much to guess) has a problem in it's Create() implementation or the Create() implementation can't be found.