Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- MrDVD - 2010-04-30

olympia Wrote:Hmmmm... what OS are you runnnig guys?
I cannot reproduc this, at least on x86 at the moment.
XML scraper works out of the box by downloading from the addons manager.

Both of us run W7 x64

Btw. i tryed right now this "Ember File Manager" and moved one movie. I ended up with an 0 byte mkv on the destination. I dont know if this was bad luck or not Sad

The .jpg and .tbn was moved correct and on this destination is ~1,7TB space left.

Anyone with the same experience ?

- Walhalla - 2010-04-30

olympia Wrote:Hmmmm... what OS are you runnnig guys?

Windows 7 x64. I`ve already tried to download the x86 version with EmberSetup and downloaded x86 version of the xml scraper module to be sure that i've not made a svn compile error .. but somehow it doesnt scrape anything from Rottentomatoes or Moviemaze wheres my failure?

the module is enabled for sure .. box ticked ...

should it download data via the xml scraper if i disable the native scraper module?

EDIT: Ok, problem solved .. it was the "common" folder .. i had not copied it to the EMM\Modules\scraper.EmberCore.XML folder .. thanks for quick help olympia *hides*

when Nuno uploads an x64 version of the XML Scraper plugin MrDVD`s problem will also be fixed.

- olympia - 2010-04-30

Yeah, in the meantime I could confirm this in x64. We are going to look into this soon.

- Walhalla - 2010-04-30

what information can the xml scraper handle? It seems it doesn't support extrathumbs or other media content (as example Rottentomatoes), trailer urls, mpaa, certification (as example Moviemaze).

and it seems it doesn't save the state of the checkboxes "Trailer" and "Scrape Full Cast" of the native and xml scraper.

I filled a bug report on the last.

- olympia - 2010-04-30

Walhalla Wrote:what information can the xml scraper handle? It seems it doesn't support extrathumbs or other media content (as example Rottentomatoes), trailer urls, mpaa, certification (as example Moviemaze).

and it seems it doesn't save the state of the checkboxes "Trailer" and "Scrape Full Cast" of the native and xml scraper.

I filled a bug report on the last.

In theory Ember should support everything what the xbmc scraper itself supports. Obviously extrathumbs are not supported by any of the xbmc scrapers. You have to use Ember Native Image scraper for that (but you can do this paralell by the xbmc scraper).

The bug is a "known" thing, not even a bug. It's like this by design. Not because we want it to be like this, but there are some difficulties around that. Nuno can tell more about this. Anyhow, it's not hurt, is it?

One more very important disclaimer: We don't support xbmc scrapers, if they are wrong, we cannot fix them.

Oh yes, and: http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki/XML_Scraper

Let me know if something important is missing.

- kri kri - 2010-04-30

Offline media questions: what is the best way to set up the sources if I want my offline DVDs to be in a different folder than my regular online movies?

Also how can I make it scan the DVD in my drive? I could only figure out how to manually enter in my metadata.

Thanks

- Walhalla - 2010-04-30

thanks for your wiki entry olympia.

is it correct that atm you can only use 1 xml scraper at the same time or would it be possible to get the genres from as example cinefacts and the plot from moviemaze?

- olympia - 2010-04-30

Walhalla Wrote:thanks for your wiki entry olympia.

is it correct that atm you can only use 1 xml scraper at the same time or would it be possible to get the genres from as example cinefacts and the plot from moviemaze?

Yes, it's correct. Multiple XML scrapers are not supported currently.
You can submit a feature request for this though if you wish.

- olympia - 2010-04-30

kri kri Wrote:Offline media questions: what is the best way to set up the sources if I want my offline DVDs to be in a different folder than my regular online movies?

Also how can I make it scan the DVD in my drive? I could only figure out how to manually enter in my metadata.

Thanks

I am not sure I understand your first question. Just create a folder for them nad set up this folder also as a separate source.

It is not scanning the drive. You can only do this manually.

Edit: how on earth should Ember even detect which movie are on a DVD?

- efty.edge - 2010-04-30

Hi,

this program gets better and better. Even the TV-Show section works fine. Big Grin Thank you for that.

But please allow me a question and one request.

When i scape a Show with two seasons and each has 10 episodes, the scraping duration in EMM takes about 7 minutes. In XBMC it only takes 43 seconds. HuhWhere comes difference from and is there a way to make the scraping in EMM faster? Faster because the scraping of CSI LAS Vegas seems to take to much time ...

And at last. I use a skin in which i can switch from poster to banner view in the TV-Shows. Can you please add the function to save the all-seasons.jpg two times. first as the all-seasons.jpg AND second as banner.jpg!? Rolleyes

Thank you in advance.

Efty

- olympia - 2010-04-30

efty.edge Wrote:Hi,

this program gets better and better. Even the TV-Show section works fine. Big Grin Thank you for that.

But please allow me a question and one request.

When i scape a Show with two seasons and each has 10 episodes, the scraping duration in EMM takes about 7 minutes. In XBMC it only takes 43 seconds. HuhWhere comes difference from and is there a way to make the scraping in EMM faster? Faster because the scraping of CSI LAS Vegas seems to take to much time ...

And at last. I use a skin in which i can switch from poster to banner view in the TV-Shows. Can you please add the function to save the all-seasons.jpg two times. first as the all-seasons.jpg AND second as banner.jpg!? Rolleyes

Thank you in advance.

Efty

We are not accepting and/or registering any request from here. You can see the official ways in all our signatures. We are only providing support here.

To answer your question: Ember is downloading ALL images at once for the entire show while XBMC is not. This is where the difference come from.

For the second we already have a feature request.

- efty.edge - 2010-04-30

Thanx Olympia! And next time i will do as you told ...Rolleyes

Efty

- uncertainty - 2010-04-30

Nuno Wrote:For those that have issue with csharp dll
Delete dll... run setup -recover (or do a clean install)

Thanks, that resolved my TVDB scraper issue.

- krypt2nite - 2010-04-30

Enable real-time synchronization?

Does this mean when I edit/add something in EMM that It will update the database on my HTPC?

By the way as always. Good job guys

- olympia - 2010-04-30

krypt2nite Wrote:Enable real-time synchronization?

Does this mean when I edit/add something in EMM that It will update the database on my HTPC?

By the way as always. Good job guys

http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki/XBMC_Controller