Kodi Community Forum
PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=36218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- yoshiofthewire - 2008-11-06

xeonicxpression Wrote:C2D 6420 overclocked to 3.2ghz.

Uh, I'm doing the same thing on a FAR slower box (see below), so your OK there.
But I'm doing both jobs on the same box, so your network is the prime suspect.

- Geeba - 2008-11-06

Aha!!! good software!! spent ages getting MP11 to work in Windows Home Server then only to find none of it works outside the US! Sad

- ssusca - 2008-11-06

I downloaded the latest version of Playon and installed in on my PC. When I try to access movies on xbmc, i get an error message stating that the playlist was terminated due to too many failed items. Has anybody else had this problem?

- yoshiofthewire - 2008-11-07

Make sure you are running the Latest Latest Latest Copy.
I was getting that error with Netflix, and updating fixed it.
If your Netflix cue isn't broken up by First letter, you have an old copy.

Also, XBMC is very picky with the network stream, so your network might be slowing things down enough to be an issue.

- ethanmcdonald - 2008-11-12

The Netflix plug-in works pretty good but a better interface for browsing would be nice.

Right now the Free Netflix add-on for MCE is much nicer.

http://myweb.cableone.net/eluttmann04/projects/vmcNetFlix/default.htm

- xeonicxpression - 2008-11-13

Well, I got it working now. I put my computer and appletv both hardwired. A question about the netflix thing. It says you can watch your queue. Does that mean you have to login to netflix on a computer and add movies to the queue and then you can watch them or is it like hulu where you can just select one without having to create a queue?

- yoshiofthewire - 2008-11-13

You need to add things to your Netflix "Instant Q"
Anything you place in your Regular Cue that is "Play Now" should be put into your "Instant Q" for you. While you do have to login to the Netflix Website to load your "Instant Q," the same goes for the Roku player.

Both VMC plugins let you add movies from within VMC. I used the myNetflix plugin and it looked great. But Hulu playback requires a mouse, even using a RSS plugin to get to the page in VMC, and VMC handeling of video files is very lacking. Also, I havn't tried on two PCs but you can not have VMC will not talk to PlayOn on the same PC. And who wants to create a VM just for PlayOn.

- xeonicxpression - 2008-11-14

Do you think it's worth the $8/month for just the unlimited Starz Play only service plan? Do you happen to know if the starz play only plan includes all of their online content or just the starz movies?

- el3ment - 2008-11-19

Has anyone gotten Library Mode to mesh well with this? It works great in file mode, but I'd love to have the entire Hulu Feature Films folder listed with my own DVD library.

- CptKen - 2008-11-19

Not going to happen with this 'quick fix' for Hulu...

I guess we should wait for more of a incorporation by the XBMC team before we can realistically expect to ever see Library mode with Hulu.

- plooger - 2008-11-23

ethanmcdonald Wrote:The Netflix plug-in works pretty good but a better interface for browsing would be nice.

Agreed. Though I'd prefer the ability to abstract all these delivery mechanisms and just get to my content. If I want to watch a TV Show, I'd like to see all TV show content in one place, regardless of how it's being supplied; same if I want to watch Science Fiction content, I'd like to see all available movies, TV shows, and clips in a filtered view, allowing me to then browse or perform add'l filtering. (Either PlayOn provides a merged view for all available content, or another script/plugin interacts with PlayOn to make the delivery mechanism transparent to the XBMC user.)

ethanmcdonald Wrote:Right now the Free Netflix add-on for MCE is much nicer.

Sure, but it's only applicable to those with Vista MCE PCs, to be clear (and perhaps save another reader some research time).

As a counter, the PlayOn workaround, although kludgy, also adds YouTube, Hulu and CBS content, and is a much cheaper alternative to adding Netflix Instant Watch streaming to homes already running some UPnP client system (XBMC, Xbox 360,...), relative to buying multiple Roku Netflix Players.

Bug found with PlayOn Netflix viewing under XBMC for Windows - base698 - 2008-11-24

I have PlayOn installed and with another extender I can view and play movies in my Netflix instant Queue, but with XBMC I can't view the movies only see the names. XBMC says: "Opening stream" then loads and goes back to the menu.

- xalu - 2008-11-27

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I am trying to get this to work with netflix I just downloaded and installed playon, set the sources and signed up for a trial netflix account. However, I cannot get it to work with netflix. Youtube and hulu work fine.

I was wondering if I need to change any xbox settings?
any help would be greatly appreciated

if it helps it says something like this and then just stops trying to connect:
Quote:opening file
protocol:http
connecting to server 192.168.1.2[192.168.1.2]:63478...

lasts a few seconds then drops out

- yoshiofthewire - 2008-11-27

Switch to Atlantis Beta 2, the Beta 1 and 8.10 releases just won't start the Netflix stream. Sad

- xalu - 2008-11-27

Tried using the beta and getting the same thing..

could it be anything else?

maybe a stray file when I updated to the beta that needs erasing.