Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 02:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 01:48)hoopsdavis Wrote: OK, that makes sense, so xbmc doesn't have the label set to grab the sub-title info? Or its not in the same location or labelled as xbmc is configured.
Xbmc could be looking for a different named label for sub-title info

No xbmc simply doesn't provide a sub-title infolabel at all -- its not that the infolabel is empty, the infolabel simply does not exist for skins to use. Whether or not xbmc grabs the info from the backend I'm not sure about, but it definitely doesn't expose that info to the skin. It might be worth making a feature request as this sort of thing would definitely improve the pvr section.

Understood, I'll be sure to make the request. Thanks for explaining

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 00:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-23, 19:01)Branphma Wrote: In Aeon Nox its viewtype "Info Wall". Arctic does only show "xyz collection".
Ok, this is very strange indeed. The set recognition is working because it is showing the infotags. Are you just using the repo version of Aeon Nox or the git version? I'll try and have a look at the code today to see what might be different.

Hi Jurial, I am using the latest git version of Aeon Nox. Thanks for your supportSmile

EDIT: I guess i found a little bug. When going into view options i can't scroll down to "use extrafanart" with the direction down key. However i can get there by scrolling through the entire menu with the direction up key. There seems to be a blockade. This happens in every viewtype.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 08:09)Branphma Wrote: Hi Jurial, I am using the latest git version of Aeon Nox. Thanks for your supportSmile

I can't really see much difference in the method used. I think perhaps the culprit is an errant space in my code. Can you try with the latest git of arctic. Make sure you restart xbmc after updating because I've also moved the loading of the extendedinfo backend to startup.xml. Its a long shot, but hopefully this works...

I'll have a look at the menu bug... I probably just accidentally assigned an id twice.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-24

Hi J,

Yea replacing the in progress with spotlight would be perfect for the movies section.

However, in progress would be perfect in the tv shows section, as I have many tv shows in progress, not sure if it's possible to separate the views like this.

Also, I do hope it's possible to switch back (in the options) to the view we currently have now (all spotlight posters etc) as that view is also so symmetrical and beautiful, I hope it is never lost. I find myself attracted to this view the most because of its simplicity.

Regarding the eye, aren't we already using the eye logo in the skin as the logo for trailers? Using it for watched status may cause confusion (as its not immidetely obvious what it means) and is rather appropriate for the trailer icon as to me, it makes me think, if i press this trailer button, i will see the movie trailer. It's very simple and basic and self explanatory. My youngest daughter seems to love it to.

I think an obvious, simple, beautiful approach is best and you are definitely on the right track. I think the vision you have is good, I understand we all want differences, it won't be long before I am moaning about something changing and not liking it Smile but I'm all up for options, adding options allows everyone to smile.

For example, I love the green tick, I hope you leave this as is, becasue its so obvious that its perfect, it's just right. Also I love the pre 0.4 home screen (all posters, not mixed view) and hope I can still select this view in post 0.4. that said, I love the mixed view, but I feel attached to the original view Smile so Id like both Smile

This is a great skin, Im incredibly impressed by it, its simple, stunningly beautiful, expensive/appliance look and feel, its just so intuitive. The views are fantastic, OSD is spot on (please never change this / I use the medium/dark OSD it's amazing) and i love the lovefilm view, is mind blowingly beautiful.

Thanks for all the work you have out into this and sharing it with us, keep your vision and add a few options for those who need a few changes and keep this stunningly beautiful skin clutter free and self explanatory Smile

Thanks again,

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 08:49)PatrickBateman Wrote: Yea replacing the in progress with spotlight would be perfect for the movies section.

However, in progress would be perfect in the tv shows section, as I have many tv shows in progress, not sure if it's possible to separate the views like this.

Also, I do hope it's possible to switch back (in the options) to the view we currently have now (all spotlight posters etc) as that view is also so symmetrical and beautiful, I hope it is never lost. I find myself attracted to this view the most because of its simplicity.

Regarding the eye, aren't we already using the eye logo in the skin as e logo for trailers? Using it for watched status may cause confusion (as its not immidetely obvious what it means) and is rather appropriate for e trailer icon as to me, it makes me think, if i press this trailer button, i will see the movie trailer. It's very simple and basic and self explanatory. My youngest daughter seems to love it to.

I think an obvious, simple, beautiful approach is best and you are definitely on the right track. I think the vision you have is good, I understand we all want differences, it won't be long before I am moaning about something changing and not liking it Smile but I'm all up for options, adding options allows everyone to smile.

For example, I love the green tick, I hope you leave this as is, becasue its so obvious that its orefect, it's just right. Also I love the pre 0.4 home screen (all posters, not mixed view) and hope I can still select this view in post 0.4. that said, I love the mixed view, but I feel attached to the original view Smile so Id like both Smile

This is a great skin, Im incredibly impressed by it, its simple, stunningly beautiful, expensive/appliance looking and so intuitive. The views are fantastic, OSD is spot on (please never change this /I used medium dark) and the lovefilm view is mind blowingly beautiful.

Thanks for all the work you have out into this and sharing it with us, keep your vision and add a few options for those who need a few changes and keep this stunningly beautiful skin clutter free and self explanatory Smile

Thanks again,
Thanks Blush

Yep all the old widget choices are still available (and always will be). The mixed widget is just an additional choice.

The tick will be staying. I had forgotten that the eye is used for trailers in movie info so that just makes the decision to stay put on this even firmer in my mind.

I was thinking the same thing about having spotlight for the posters part of the mixed widget for movies, but on-going for tv shows. The only problem is what to do if there are no on-going tvshows left (I'll have to fallback to spotlight I guess).

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-23, 00:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 18:16)MeMeMe Wrote: That's great! Thanks. Any chance you could add Low List and Classic Info too?
Probably not this time around. Add-ons needs views with a square aspect ratio (these both have poster). I will be adding some additional square views to Adv Launcher in the future, so I will make them available to Add-ons also when I do.

My issue with that is the addon i mainly want to use them for - SteamBMC - is like Advanced Launcher, and uses normal poster-like (or DVD case-like) thumbnails.
Is there any way I can fool Arctic into showing the views available for Advanced launcher, when a window from SteamBMC plugin is focused? I'm willign to modify xml files.

PS: as it happens, on the watched indicator, I prefer the green tick to the eye Smile

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-25

@MeMeMe: It shouldn't be too hard to allow them for SteamBMC as well... I'll look into it.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-25

(2013-09-24, 08:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 08:09)Branphma Wrote: Hi Jurial, I am using the latest git version of Aeon Nox. Thanks for your supportSmile

I can't really see much difference in the method used. I think perhaps the culprit is an errant space in my code. Can you try with the latest git of arctic. Make sure you restart xbmc after updating because I've also moved the loading of the extendedinfo backend to startup.xml. Its a long shot, but hopefully this works...

I'll have a look at the menu bug... I probably just accidentally assigned an id twice.

Hi Jurial,

the updated git did not fix the missing info. I tried to rescrape a movieset with universal scraper and moviedb scraper but still no info.

Aside from that i have two other things on my mind.

(1) When listening to music i have activated the slideshow as a visualization type. It appears that all the images are displayed way to big because i can only see a small part of them although there is much more picture information to be displayed. I have animation of the picture disabled, but that makes no difference anyway. Fanart instead is displayed correctly.

(2) I like random playbock of my music. I know that there is the party mode, which is great when i want to listen to my entire library. But when i only want to listen to a single artist it would be great if the songs are shuffled as well when pressing "p" when i am hovering on an artist in artist mode. If i do that know the songs are sortet by their position on the albums (e.g. 01-Highway to Hell, 01-Hells Bells etc 02-xyz, 02-abc etc and so on).
I think it is possible somehow because when i started using Arctic i could press "p" when hovering over a tv-show and xbmc played the episodes in random playback. However that random is gone nowSad I have no clue what caused that..Now i have to queue all episodes of a tv show and go to the "now playing" screen to randomly play them. How can i get the function back that i described??

Thanks.
Have a good one!

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-09-25

Hi Jurial, I like the new mixed widget, but I've found a little bug:
With the other widgets, if you click down twice, the Restart, Shutdown... icons appears, but this doesn't happen with the mixed widget.
Another thing is the item focused. Is deliberated to focus the Inprogres item? I think it's better to focus the first item

Thanks!

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-09-25

(2013-09-25, 05:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: @MeMeMe: It shouldn't be too hard to allow them for SteamBMC as well... I'll look into it.

Thanks, Jurial, that would be awesome.

RE: Arctic - redhalo - 2013-09-25

Jurial, in regards to the visualization, should the timer always show like it does? Seems to me that it should be tied to the scrolling text option.

RE: Arctic - Scottland - 2013-09-25

Hi,

Firstly thanks, the skin is fantastic.

Secondly, would you consider adding a serif type font option in the future?

Mock Up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4020026/screenshot000.png

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-09-25

How do you turn on the mixed widget? I don't see it in the "Manage custom home widgets" under the skin.

RE: Arctic - Nacker1776 - 2013-09-25

(2013-09-25, 22:51)Tripp Wrote: How do you turn on the mixed widget? I don't see it in the "Manage custom home widgets" under the skin.

Go to skin settings - Home - Manage custom home widgets.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-26

Quick request Smile
When no fanart for an album is present (when using info wall view) it currently displays an empty cd case.

Is there any chance you would consider adding a generic fanart wallpaper for albums that have no fanart? Something that is artic related, fitting, non obtrusive, perhaps an artic style wallpaper of some kind with musical notes faded around it (like the scrolling text layered effect) or something much better that your mind can create Smile

Quick question:

When using the home screen panels, tv shows look fantastic when I highlight them (pressing down) as I have logos for all shows which appear onthe right along with the fanart etc...
However music and movies I have no logos for which leaves the with a gap on the right hand side.

Now, this idea may look ugly, be difficult and make the home screen unpleasant (as each view would change slightly) but would it be possible to allow the movies panel (when a movie is highlighted) to allow the text description (on the black bar next to the fanart) expand over to the blank/empty section on the right where the "tv show logo" would normally be BUT ONLY FOR MOVIES and/or MUSIC and/or anything that has no logo present.

The more I think about this though, the more I don't like my own suggestion Big Grin because the constant changing would annoy me, however the empty space also annoys me?...

So feel free to ignore this idea (and my ramblings) because I have no idea of a plausible solution/alternative and the current implementation is nigh on perfect as-is Smile

Ill shut up now!
Default Fanart for albums with fanart is defo an idea though Wink