Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - noggin - 2015-08-29

(2015-08-29, 16:41)Gmjh Wrote: Thanks. Yes I suspected as much. I find it very strange that in all of the reviews of the Sumvision only one person other than me (on Amazon) has mentioned that the Netflix app stream is appalling. You mentioned the nexus player which does stream a high quality Netflix steam. I'd also read you can sideload kodi to it. You can, but not only does it not play sound from kodi from any file, it cuts off all sound to anything on the nexus player and only a reboot will get it back. Can't find anyone even mentioning this problem anywhere. All I want is a unit that has a high quality Netflix stream and can play kodi. I don't think it exists.

Raspberry Pi 2 and Fire TV Stick... (I wasn't impressed with Kodi on Fire TV)

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - kilimanjaro - 2015-08-29

(2015-08-29, 18:40)noggin Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 16:41)Gmjh Wrote: All I want is a unit that has a high quality Netflix stream and can play kodi. I don't think it exists.

Netflix on Raspberry Pi 2?

(2015-08-29, 18:47)kilimanjaro Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 18:40)noggin Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 16:41)Gmjh Wrote: All I want is a unit that has a high quality Netflix stream and can play kodi. I don't think it exists.

Netflix on Raspberry Pi 2?

That's what the Fire TV Stick is for!

I was suggesting having both - which is my solution in one of my viewing locations, though a recent BD player purchase means I now have Netflix on that and may no longer need the FireTV stick.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - kilimanjaro - 2015-08-29

oops I glanced over the "and" apologies. Big Grin
though in my defense Gmjh wanted "a" single unit, woudn't the odroid C1 be better here?

(2015-08-29, 19:57)kilimanjaro Wrote: oops I glanced over the "and" apologies. Big Grin
though in my defense Gmjh wanted "a" single unit, woudn't the odroid C1 be better here?

Still 480p only for Netflix. Think unless you go down the Windows route with a cheap Baytrail-T Z-series SoC box, you are better off with a Fire TV Stick for Netflix and a Pi 2 - or a C1. For me the Pi 2 has the edge as it delivers better audio quality.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - rsblue - 2015-09-05

im losing wifi option on latest builds are they using new wifi modules i wonder ?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Gmjh - 2015-09-05

Actually I sideloaded kodi to the Nexus player (arm version not x86) and now it plays Netflix and kodi perfectly. I sent my sumvision box back after it started loading the Play store in Chinese and wouldn't budge from it. It really is worth getting a nexus player or something similar as the extra quality and reliability is worth the extra thirty quid or so.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - mazgup - 2015-09-23

Hi guys,

I successfully flashed OpenElec on to a regular Cyclone X4 when they were first released without any issues. Because of how successful it was as a Kodi box, I decided to buy another Cyclone to set up in another room. Without realising I received one of the new Sumvision Clyclone X4 Bluetooth editions. I tried the same flashing process, and it looks like I may have bricked my box.

I flashed OpenElec 5.0.0 via placing it on to a known working SD card, and pressing the menu button on the remote while applying power to the unit. The android screen appeared showing that it was installing an update, and then the LED stayed red with no video output. After around 30 minutes I removed power and restarted the box.

The box turns on with a blue LED as soon as it has power, but there is absolutely no video output via HDMI. I have checked my router and the box is not detected when connected via LAN.

I have tried to use the uboot with BootCardMaker.exe recovery procedure detailed for the regurlar X4, without any success. I have tried every combination of using the remote or recovery button on the unit with TWRP, OpenElec etc, but I always just have the blue LED showing and no video.

I have a feeling the uboot for this slightly newer box may be different from the original, so it is not allowing me to boot from an SD card. If this is a possibility, could somebody perhaps provide me with the Uboot for the newer Sumvision Cyclone X4 Bluetooth edition?

Otherwise, is there anything that can be done to recover this box?

Thanks in advance

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - malibog007 - 2015-10-01

Hi Mazgup,
I recently bought a X4 Bluetooth edition, I would also like to put openelec on it as I have previously had it on the standard X4.
I have been in touch with Sumvision support and they have supplied me with the android image file for the Bluetooth edition, you can get it here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j2h829a33go76vv/update.zip.zip
They supplied it for me as I had problems of double entries in the settings page after one of there updates.
Hope this is of help to you and please let me know if you manage to do it as I only have a small amount of knowledge to do with
this process. And if anybody else can help us both out I'm sure we would be most grateful.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - mazgup - 2015-10-02

Hi Mailbog,

Thanks for getting the android image file to me. I changed bootloader.img to bootloader.bin, and made an SD card using that file with the boot card maker application from Bobones dropbox. I then copied over TWRP and its associated recovery image to the SD card.
I inserted the SD card in to the Cyclone X4 Bluetooth edition, and again I have tried every combination of the reset button or pressing the menu button as it boots, with no success.

It is still just showing a blue light, with no video output. It looks like this box is completely bricked. My advice would be to avoid trying to install OpenElec with the instruction on this thread if you have the new bluetooth edition of the X4. It is a shame as my OpenElec install on the standard X4 is lighting fast compared to Kodi via Android on this box (before I had bricked it).

If anybody else could chime in with some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Olis4 - 2015-10-22

I'm going to order an x4 and intend to flash openelec to it. Am I best sticking to the non Bluetooth version as I've noticed some people having issues with the Bluetooth version.

Thanks Oli

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-10-23

Yes, the Bluetooth version seems to be a completely different animal. Read this whole thread and use TWRP to flash OE and original bootloader at the same time. I'd recommend Kerber's 5.0.8 as the most stable version to use for now.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-10-23

Just tried to update an X4 to 5.95.3.2 TV110, and there are no wireless settings available.

Went one step back to 5.95.2 TV110, and all the wireless settings are back.

It looks like 5.95.3.2 has no wireless capability, but 5.95.2 does.

Just a heads up.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Olis4 - 2015-10-23

Thanks for the reply, I managed to order the non Bluetooth version with 20% off last night. Looking forward to setting it up now.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Olis4 - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-23, 00:37)bobones Wrote: Yes, the Bluetooth version seems to be a completely different animal. Read this whole thread and use TWRP to flash OE and original bootloader at the same time. I'd recommend Kerber's 5.0.8 as the most stable version to use for now.

I read the whole thread, thanks for all your work on this.

Does 5.0.8 pass through dts and dd ok?