Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- fekker - 2009-01-22

digitalhigh Wrote:Don't forget to tell it to leave subtitle files alone. Lots of people would be very upset if it accidentally deleted all their subs. Wink

What are the subtitle extensions that are used?
I might look into add those in the rename function along with stacked items.

A wine specific build is finishing it's compile, i'll run it through a few more tests, but I think I've isolated the issues and made it alot more user friendly for initial setup.

rev 2419 tagging - Talle - 2009-01-22

Hi.

First of all I´d like to thank you for your app, I really like it and when I get it to work as suposed I really see the potential.

This is my problem, I´ve started out with rev 2400 a couple of days ago, did by mistake install the wrong ImageMagic (installed 6.4.8-7 instead of 6.4.8-3) I have now installed the correct one.

I experienced a whole lot of problems with the tagging part, that is the same problems as mentioned before with tags being "to big" making the poster disapear. (on some posters, unfortunally most of mine)

I have tried copying Component.Factory...dll but without any luck.

I´ve tried to scale the tag´s but have only found one setting making them right and that was size to be 0,200 wich made them to big for my taste...

Anyhow.

I uninstalled the rev. 2400 and made sure all folders about it where deleted aswell, then I uninstalled the Image Tagger 1.009a and made sure all folders where deleted, then I uninstalled ImageMagic and guess what I did with the folders.... (deleted..)

Rebooted the computer.

Re-installed the ImageMagic (6.4.8-3), Image Tagger and Movie Info Plus rev.2419
All well so far.
Played a bit with all the new settings creating a whole lot of different files (still haven´t figured out how it treat .rar but that is a different question. Movie.nfo supported in XBMC yet?)

well then I started to play with tags again....
Doing this with a whole lot of different settings about folder.jpg...
I didn´t have the problem with the tags now... Smile
The biggest reason for this was that I didn´t get that far, I got an error saying that it could find a file named folder.jpg :confused2:
and sure egnough it had allready change the folder.jpg to curImage.png and deleted the folder.jpg

So basicly what I´m I doing wrong?

I´ve now uninstalled the 2419 and just reinstalled the 2400 and the old problem with the tags size is still there.

I guess this is an issue of my stupidity but I just don´t get it so any help would be appriciated!

My config:

HTPC: WinXPsp3 (some tiny edition)
2,2mhz AMD (dual) - (yes I´ve managed it to play 1080p)
2gb ram
Nvidia 7800gtx/pro 256mb
XBMC atlantis 8.10 (always the latest)

MediaServer: WinXPsp3
ImageMagic 6.4.8-3
Image Tagger 1.009a
Movie Info Plus (2400 or 2419)

.net all avalible until 3.5 sp1

Library standard:

G:/Film
-= DVD=-
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

-= Other Formats=-
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

-= HD Film =-
-720p
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar
-1080p
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

I tried to do this in a diffrent folder aswell:

G:/Labb
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

As stated in the example of the add folder view.

Still no luck (in either rev 2400 or 2419)

Quote:If image tagging is freaking out, reduce the margin size, it's best on posters, and images that are larger then the tag image that will be applied to it. There's some rework needed to the tagging, but it does work with the defaults on posters for movies for me.. the scale is based on height, so wide images, that are small in size seem to give odd results, sometimes.. you can test it without applying in the configuration of the tagger dialog.

Tried this to...

Also when I´ve got your attention, I do not get the library of XBMC on the htpc to get updated with the movie.nfo or .tbn neither the foldername.nfo or .tbn

I run this on another pc than the Movie Info Plus but I do not think that would matter.

I´ve tried to clear the library and even re-installed XBMC still no luck.
Is movie.nfo/.tbn supported in the XBMC 8.10 for windows?
Íf yes, even if the movie is in a rar-library with another name?
As far as I found M.I.P isn´t able to rename rars? (another thing that might be wrong on my behaf.)

Anyhow!

I have to give my full credits to your work, even if I haven´t got it to work fully yet (used media companion before) I know that a whole lot of people are gratefull for your efforts and I guess it´s just a matter of time til I found my errors (probably error-40...)

Sincerly

//Talle

PS. Error-40 = the error is located 40cm in front of the screen... Smile

- Clumsy - 2009-01-22

Most common combinations of subtitle files are:

video.avi
video.srt
-------------
video.avi
video.sub
video.idx
------------
and, and this makes things complicated - the .sub file is sometimes compressed in .rar (maybe .zip? dont know if that is common, don't think so).

so it's:
video.avi
video.idx
video.rar

- fekker - 2009-01-22

Talle Wrote:Re-installed the ImageMagic (6.4.8-3), Image Tagger and Movie Info Plus rev.2419
All well so far.
Played a bit with all the new settings creating a whole lot of different files (still haven´t figured out how it treat .rar but that is a different question. Movie.nfo supported in XBMC yet?)

well then I started to play with tags again....
Doing this with a whole lot of different settings about folder.jpg...
I didn´t have the problem with the tags now... Smile

The biggest reason for this was that I didn´t get that far, I got an error saying that it could find a file named folder.jpg :confused2:
and sure egnough it had allready change the folder.jpg to curImage.png and deleted the folder.jpg
It creates a copy of the folder.jpg as curImage.png and processes the first tag and saves it as another name, it will then take the new file and rename it back to curImage.png to have the second tag applied to it, and takes the final tag and moves that again back into the movie folder.

Quote:So basicly what I´m I doing wrong?
I'm going to have to go back through the MIP version of the tagging utility and debug it further to ensure it's doing all the steps correctly.

I´ve now uninstalled the 2419 and just reinstalled the 2400 and the old problem with the tags size is still there.
There's a ton of changes between those 2 versions, and another version that I am working on now to isolate and fix some wine issues.

Quote:I guess this is an issue of my stupidity but I just don´t get it so any help would be appriciated!
Without any changes to the tag setup, it should work without any issues, but that doesn't mean it always does. That portion of the app has only undergone a few revisions, and it usually takes awhile for me to get them all sorted out. I'll dig back into it once I have the wine issues sorted and the downloader problem fixed.

Quote:Library standard:

G:/Film
-= DVD=-
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

-= Other Formats=-
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

-= HD Film =-
-720p
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar
-1080p
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

I tried to do this in a diffrent folder aswell:

G:/Labb
- Movie-name-folder
- examplemovie.rar

As stated in the example of the add folder view.

Still no luck (in either rev 2400 or 2419)
Also when I´ve got your attention, I do not get the library of XBMC on the htpc to get updated with the movie.nfo or .tbn neither the foldername.nfo or .tbn

XBMC 8.10 does not have support for movie.tbn, movie.nfo etc.. you'll need to grab a pre-compiled windows build (or compile one).. there's a few threads in the windows support forum that have links to download the latest bleeding edge versions of xbmc.

Once you have an updated version of XBMC, your images and movie data will be loaded with the new naming schemes.

Funny error Big Grin

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-22

hotzenpl0tz Wrote:Most common combinations of subtitle files are:

video.avi
video.srt
-------------
video.avi
video.sub
video.idx
------------
and, and this makes things complicated - the .sub file is sometimes compressed in .rar (maybe .zip? dont know if that is common, don't think so).

so it's:
video.avi
video.idx
video.rar

And often, the video.rar full of subs is in a subdirectory called...subs. Big Grin

- Talle - 2009-01-22

Quote:It creates a copy of the folder.jpg as curImage.png and processes the first tag and saves it as another name, it will then take the new file and rename it back to curImage.png to have the second tag applied to it, and takes the final tag and moves that again back into the movie folder.

Does it re-do and save the folder.jpg when all is processed? this might give a qlue to that the process is abrupted somehow, I belive that on the rev.2400 It left the folder.jpg with the tags in those cases as it worked...

Quote:I'm going to have to go back through the MIP version of the tagging utility and debug it further to ensure it's doing all the steps correctly.

Thank you verry much!
I really do apriciate it, this feature is really usefull for a users with TB of files in different qualities.

A little request if posible when you look into it again.

Would it be possible to set an option of just using one of the tags?
I´ll try to explain..

When chosing to tag an image there could be two boxes to check, one for audio and one for quality, if left unchecked it skip that tag (if easier for programing, using an empty one) this would make it posible to chose to just set quality or audio but still have the posibility to use both tags...

Sincerly

//Talle

- JiveTalker - 2009-01-22

Talle Wrote:A little request if posible when you look into it again.

Would it be possible to set an option of just using one of the tags?
I´ll try to explain..

I'd quite like to just have the video tags. Also, I was wondering whether there could be an option to automatically add tags to everything in my path rather than selecting each individually? I have hundreds of movies and it will take quite a while to do manually. In my case all the 720P movies are in one folder, all the 1080p in another etc. so I could specifiy a video tag without even needing to read the file.

Have you thought about tagging the screenshots from tv episodes? With downloads a season will often be a mixture of 720P and 480P.

JiveTalker

- parena - 2009-01-22

I believe that the XBMC crew is working on recognizing things from the video (be it 720p, surround, etc). The Aeon Stark skin will at least have support for tagged files ([720p],[HDTV],etc). With both ways, there's no need to alter the images. How much use is it to put much effort in this feature in MIP, really?

JiveTalker Wrote:Have you thought about tagging the screenshots from tv episodes? With downloads a season will often be a mixture of 720P and 480P.

However, you shouldn't download stuff like that, so it shouldn't be supported. Wink

Here's a screenshot from Aeon Stark using the tags:

- Talle - 2009-01-22

Feeling a bit guilty about hijacking the thread about tags I have fiven it some thought and played a little i Gimp with a verry rough idea for a layout for handling the request with folders (As I would also like)

I do apologize for interfering but this might give you ideas on how to do this:

This could use the pre-defined options of each quality as Xvid, DVD, 720p etc.

I leave the coding up to you smart guys... Smile

Just realized I forgot to add the button: "Autopilot" in the blank left field to the right, you have to imagine it....

Sincerly

//Talle

- JiveTalker - 2009-01-22

parena Wrote:I believe that the XBMC crew is working on recognizing things from the video (be it 720p, surround, etc). The Aeon Stark skin will at least have support for tagged files ([720p],[HDTV],etc). With both ways, there's no need to alter the images.

That's my preferred solution too, but I've yet to find any indication of whether we are talking days, weeks or months for Stark to be available. Do you have any idea how close it is to completion?

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-22

JiveTalker Wrote:That's my preferred solution too, but I've yet to find any indication of whether we are talking days, weeks or months for Stark to be available. Do you have any idea how close it is to completion?

Well...this isn't certain, but this is the last real update DJH gave us as far as what needs to be done yet with stark:

Quote:- almost the entire TV Shows component
- half the dialogs, including the on-screen keyboard and sources window
- half the Aeon Assistant content
- retexturing of panel views
- icons
- flag support for non-Showcase views
- file manager window
- entire login/profiles component
- Weather

As far as media flagging is concerned...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419

While I think the media tagging is a neat feature, I personally don't want to go through 386 movies and edit every poster to include overlays that may or may not work with the skin I've been anticipating for months. The media info is coded directly into the .nfo file, which is scanned directly into that movie's database entry...ultimately making the need to tag your posters more of a preference than an actual need...

@fekker - Got sidetracked yesterday...actually got project64 working under the launcher plugin...what I did get to play with worked flawlessly. Big Grin

way folders should look? - jetskijoe - 2009-01-22

The problem I am running into is some movies have the same name for example:
fun with dick and jane

Should the folder look like
fun with dick and jane (2005)
fun with dick and jane (1977)
fun.with.dick.and.jane (2005)
fun.with.dick.and.jane (1977) <-- do . matter?

you can't just do:
fun.with.dick.and.jane <-- because the movies are labeled the same and it doesn't find the right one.

I have found that putting the year at the end in (YEAR) seems to give you a better result on IMDB, but I noticed that you filter out (YEAR) on the searches. Just something that I wanted to point out.

Keep up the great work...I love the program.

Joe

- fekker - 2009-01-22

hotzenpl0tz Wrote:Most common combinations of subtitle files are:

video.avi
video.srt
-------------
video.avi
video.sub
video.idx
------------

so it's:
video.avi
video.idx
video.rar
And then a folder called subs that has an archive of those files

I'll add that to the list of known items for future addition to MIP.

Quote:The problem I am running into is some movies have the same name for example:
fun with dick and jane

Should the folder look like
fun with dick and jane (2005)
fun with dick and jane (1977)
fun.with.dick.and.jane (2005)
fun.with.dick.and.jane (1977)
You should be able to uncheck that option in the settings tab for the name filter and it will use the year information. If that does not work correctly, please let me know.

Tagging and media information
Great work on the image Talle and mock up, I'll be using some of that when i rework it.

When I added the option to MIP to scan the media information, one of the keys was working with CapnBry to come up with a compatible format in the .nfo file so that it will directly pull from the .nfo file. He's done amazing work on HD flagging, and the data I output to the .nfo files will be loaded into xbmc and be used for HD flagging of data thanks to his hard work on that project.

In addition, I put that in place so that images could be later be auto-tagged. To support that and file and folder level items, I had to rewrite a bunch of the core components and functions in MIP, those changes where completed in rev 2419 and have had a few tweaks to them in the newer internal only revs. After I am confident there are no new issues with how those work, I can dig into the next section, which is the method of tagging and scanning of media.

Some files do not show any media information, those can't be automatically tagged, some files contain multiple streams and audio tracks, I have to rework that portion to determine what to do when more then one stream is found (the general idea so far that I like is to pick the longest (in time) video stream and for audio, it's still the first it finds.

After those are sorted, comes the problems with tagging images in some cases where it shifts the tagged image around and error handling when something goes crazy, as well as the location of the tag on the image.

Tagging of TV Shows was started and is partially completed, but not yet enabled.

I have reworked it so that I no longer require a specific version of ImageMagick in the non-released internal builds I am working on.

I like the drop down idea, pick left tag (add none to list), pick right tag (add none to list), tag it.

And auto-tag my collection (based off what's loaded in the movie drop down, tv shows will be different and I'll have to think about how I'll do those)

But before I get those sorted out, I've got to get the wine version stable and working more like the windows version as that's the one that I'll be using myself. Right now it's not working how I want it to, it's too slow and unresponsive, tv shows being darn near unusable.

Part of the wine version problem is the gui and number of items, so i'll be changing some of those around in the backend code and they may look abit different for everyone. The other part is the downloads, which I've been trying to get sorted out for all versions. I have an idea for those, which is another massive update to the core of MIP, but should result in better performance all around for all versions, and be usable in the mono version.

I'll be starting that area today, changing how MIP does it's downloading to a queue based system, where items are added to an arraylist, and after all of those are done initial processing, the files are downloaded, and then they are loaded into the gui. It shouldn't effect anything other then how MIP does it's downloading internally, and the gui should be able to show alot more information without being annoying or locked into single file downloads at a time for most files (some have to be processed in a specific order, TV Shows have alot of those requirements).

Image Tags - JiveTalker - 2009-01-22

digitalhigh Wrote:Well...this isn't certain, but this is the last real update DJH gave us as far as what needs to be done yet with stark:

As far as media flagging is concerned...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419

That does sound like it will take at least another couple of months. I'll try not to think about it for a while and focus on getting my content prepared.

digitalhigh Wrote:While I think the media tagging is a neat feature, I personally don't want to go through 386 movies and edit every poster to include overlays that may or may not work with the skin I've been anticipating for months. The media info is coded directly into the .nfo file, which is scanned directly into that movie's database entry...ultimately making the need to tag your posters more of a preference than an actual need...

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps an option that saved a copy of the poster (before the icons are added to it) and then later (in a few months when Stark is ready) allowed the user to revert back to the original image would be a good solution?

In other words, have a "Remove tags from images" button that could cascade through a movie folder and change everything back to how it was. That way we would all know what is HD and what isn't now and then would see the same thing only presented in a more whizzy fashion in a few months just by clicking on a button!

Not that I'm looking to add to Fekker's feature list, but this would enable all of those with large collections to quickly adapt when the new skin is available. I don't think anybody wants to manually go through their whole collection twice.

Similarly it would be nice to have an "Auto tag" option that went through all the movies in th ecurrently selected folder and applied tags to them. Perhaps this is how Fekker is intenting it to work anyway?

- dbone1026 - 2009-01-22

Apologies for the stupid question, I am having a serious brain fart. I was having problems with my PC so I uninstalled some programs (including XBMC and MIP) and did clean reinstalls. I ran MIP to make sure all my movies had fanart, nfos, etc... Loaded XBMC, added the source (x: is where my videos are), right clicked on the x: source to set content to Video. When I go to my videos though I see none of the fanart/imbd info/etc that I generated with MIP. I had this working before, but as I mentioned, am having a serious brain fart...