Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- msfoote - 2011-09-25

You Sir are a lifesaver!

RikP Wrote:I made a simple vbs script which hides the cmd window.

Copy the following 2 lines inside a text file which you call "headphones.vbs" (make sure you don't hide known extensions!).
Code:
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("headphones.exe", 0, false)

Now place this file in the same folder as headphones and run it.
It will hide the cmd window!

- clubwerks - 2011-09-25

I don't understand the issue with the cmd window. Mine has been open for about 40 days straight and honestly I don't think I've ever noticed it because XBMC is open on top of it.

- ghostelement - 2011-09-25

clubwerks Wrote:I don't understand the issue with the cmd window. Mine has been open for about 40 days straight and honestly I don't think I've ever noticed it because XBMC is open on top of it.

A lot of people, including me, don't run headphones on the same computer as their XBMC installation. I run headphones on my server.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-25

This is how I hid my command line window.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Python\pythonw.exe" "C:\Program Files\HeadPhones\Headphones.py"

Obviously change the paths to suit your setup.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-25

ghostelement Wrote:A lot of people, including me, don't run headphones on the same computer as their XBMC installation. I run headphones on my server.
I guess I'm still waiting to understand what the problem is.

- simonk83 - 2011-09-26

Ok, so we have Sickbeard for TV, Couchpotato for Movies, Headphones for music.... is there anything out there for Games? Smile

- sladinki007 - 2011-09-27

this a database error on my side or lastfm side ?

Code:
2011-09-27 12:18:04    ERROR    Fatal Error executing DELETE from have :: database disk image is malformed

if it is on my side how can i solved it without loosing my db ?

- DanielEis - 2011-09-27

First off: Thats a very nice program - thank you very much! Smile

But I ran into a problem: Headphones scanned my Music Folder and found about 400 artists. But actually there are about 700 artists. Is there a Way to rescan the music folder?

Or should I do something else to accomplish my goal: I just want to use the "upcoming"-page, that way I hopefully won't miss any new albums. But I don't want to add the artists manually...

Thanks!

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

acme-badboy Wrote:First off: Thats a very nice program - thank you very much! Smile

But I ran into a problem: Headphones scanned my Music Folder and found about 400 artists. But actually there are about 700 artists. Is there a Way to rescan the music folder?

Or should I do something else to accomplish my goal: I just want to use the "upcoming"-page, that way I hopefully won't miss any new albums. But I don't want to add the artists manually...

Thanks!

It's not really finding the artists, per se, it's finding songs from a specific album from a specific artist. I can tell you from personal experience, if your music isn't tagged perfectly according to the information on MusicBranz, Headphones will not add it correctly. And I mean perfectly down to the last detail. The margin for error built into this program is about .001%. I use mp3tag with MusicBranz as the search for tagging.

- azgul - 2011-09-27

Curious as to which sites you're using for lossless music? Smile I haven't been able to find one I liked as of yet (read: with music I enjoy)..

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

azgul Wrote:Curious as to which sites you're using for lossless music? Smile I haven't been able to find one I liked as of yet (read: with music I enjoy)..

The usual suspects for me, nzbmatrix and newzbin. I find most of what I'm looking for, but we might have very different taste in music.

- DanielEis - 2011-09-27

clubwerks Wrote:It's not really finding the artists, per se, it's finding songs from a specific album from a specific artist. I can tell you from personal experience, if your music isn't tagged perfectly according to the information on MusicBranz, Headphones will not add it correctly. And I mean perfectly down to the last detail. The margin for error built into this program is about .001%. I use mp3tag with MusicBranz as the search for tagging.

Thx for the info. So is there an easy way to import all the artists? I'm not interested in which albums i'm missing, just which artists will release new albums.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-27

acme-badboy Wrote:Thx for the info. So is there an easy way to import all the artists? I'm not interested in which albums i'm missing, just which artists will release new albums.

You can simply add an artist using the box at the top of the page and then click and album to wanted. Super easy to do what you want.

- msfoote - 2011-09-28

clubwerks Wrote:I guess I'm still waiting to understand what the problem is.

I have Headphones installed on my family computer. Some day when I get a home sever up and running it won't be a problem but the last thing I want is one of my kids to close it willy nilly.

Not a big issue even then but not having to deal with the hassle with a simple script was nice.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

msfoote Wrote:I have Headphones installed on my family computer. Some day when I get a home sever up and running it won't be a problem but the last thing I want is one of my kids to close it willy nilly.

Not a big issue even then but not having to deal with the hassle with a simple script was nice.

I guess that makes sense. Would simply telling them not to close it work? Big Grin