Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- drivesoslow - 2012-01-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Makes sense, will be in next update.

Thanks.

Another question; when I updated to the latest git version it no longer shows the current time when watching a movie/TV show and I press info. Any ideas?

- mikeplow1961 - 2012-01-13

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't want to increase the number of items as default, cause it's always a consideration between customization and performance. Adding more favorites to main menu would also mean 5 more favorites for submenu for each extra menu item.
I would explain how it works to mod it yourself, but it's really a lot of code to add. If you have experience with skinning you can just copy the existing custom menu items and up the numbers, or ask dscraw4d for a mod Wink

I'm not much up on skinning but thought I'd have a crack at doing the mod myself. I've got it partially done in that I have got a Fav7 to appear on the home menu but it is inheriting the label of Fav6. I'm a little confused by the item ids in custom_1124_MainMenuCustomizer.xml and Includes_MainMenu.

In custom_1124_MainMenuCustomizer.xml item id 90783 refers to CustomFav6 submenu 1 but in Includes_MainMenu.xml the id is 90683 when it refers to that item. Are the item ids in those files independent of each other?
(Told you I didn't know much about skinning!)Smile

Edit - the item ids for CustomFav 1 and 2 match between the two files but don't for CustomFav 3 onwards. In Includes_MainMenu.xml CustomFav 2 and 3 have the same item ids. I'm giving myself a headache now. :-)

Edit Edit - dscraw4d - any chance of a mod with an extra Fav? :-)

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

As you might know `Black has introduced us to his metro style Home menu in Xperience1080. I really like this style (I in fact started to work on a whole metro based skin a few months back, but it never really took off).
I really wanted to have something like this in Aeon Nox, but of course the style is very different then that from Aeon. After trying out a lot of things I think I found something that could really work in Aeon, without affecting the existing Home screen. I upgraded the Featured items list to resemble the metro look in Aeon style:
http://youtu.be/TBvb8MvG5DY

It is far from done, this is just to give you an idea of how it will look. Suggestions are welcome. Oh and this is of course all thanks to `Black. I took the concept of his metro home screen and adjusted it to my own likings and fitted in the style of the skin.
If you want to see where I got the idea from, install Xperience1080, a great skin which you should check out anyway Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109470

- Martijn - 2012-01-14

@BigNoid
Looks great Nod

It does take some practise to navigate through the item but maybe that's just me Wink

Will this be option when finished: normal/metro style?

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

My plan was to remove the old style completely, but I can make it optional.

- Martijn - 2012-01-14

Big_Noid Wrote:My plan was to remove the old style completely, but I can make it optional.

Think a lot of people would like to keep the old style.
It's you choice ofcourse. If it's not to much work keeping both would be preferred i think.
'Black also kept both (hmm or not.. can't remember Smile )

- butchabay - 2012-01-14

Far from done ? Smile the clip looks like it's already finIshed and usable !
Just kidding. Played around with 'Black's xperience, fresh and innovativ but not really user friendly at the moment, that's why i would say keep the old home menu too, at least untill
User will switch completly to the metro style.
Else, grandious job Big_Noid, looks smooth, fast and has the usual beautyful eyecandy aeon always had.

- Maxoo - 2012-01-14

It does look really nice, but I wonder how one would use submenus with this new home.

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

It's not a home replacement, it's the featured menu item Smile

- Martijn - 2012-01-14

Big_Noid Wrote:It's not a home replacement, it's the featured menu item Smile

So you go into featured items and then you get the metro look?
Maybe an idea to start the skin old style or go directly to metro style (featured menu)

Gonna install Xperience later this day on my htpc and see how it's like when using it for 'real' instead of on a workstation

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

Yeah, I could do that, but then it's only for startup. Returning from menus always enters the home menu. I think Aeon's current home menu is pretty solid, and not having this structure for Home menu leaves room for more widgets because I don't have to make room for custom tiles.
Think of this more of a place to go to when you don't know what to watch, the media presents itself to you with suggestions. I'm figuring out if I can make a timer that switches to this screen if the home menu is idle for a couple of minutes.

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

butchabay Wrote:Far from done ? Smile the clip looks like it's already finIshed and usable !
Just kidding. Played around with 'Black's xperience, fresh and innovativ but not really user friendly at the moment, that's why i would say keep the old home menu too, at least untill
User will switch completly to the metro style.
Else, grandious job Big_Noid, looks smooth, fast and has the usual beautyful eyecandy aeon always had.

Yeah lots to be done still, mainly the search script. Have you already skinned that in Cirrus? That is a lot of code to write. i already started with it two times in the last couple of months, but always got tired after the first 4 groups and quit.

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

Just pushed a test version of the new featured items window. It's a basic version with no options and no search yet, but the layout and navigation shouldn't change much. Please test and let me know if there are any issues.

- Martijn - 2012-01-14

Big_Noid Wrote:Just pushed a test version of the new featured items window. It's a basic version with no options and no search yet, but the layout and navigation shouldn't change much. Please test and let me know if there are any issues.

Way ahead of you and it looks sweet Big Grin

Needs some tweaking here and there but for a test version pretty damn good Nod

- BigNoid - 2012-01-14

That's good to hear Smile