Kodi Community Forum
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available (/showthread.php?tid=106629)

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-09

alexrose1uk Wrote:You need to not only specify which filestypes use LAV in mediasconfig, but what LAV is in the first place in the filtersconfig xml files. These can be found in your actual XBMC Install folder, in my case this is
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer.

Your files probably aren't playing at the moment as you probably still have FFDShow etc specified Smile

Here's the bit you need to add to filters config:

Once you've done this, you will be able to use lavvideo,lavaudio, lavsplitter and lavsource in your mediasconfig.xml file.
Alex just FYI - the LAV filters are already included in the most recent builds from Owing, therefore there is no need to add them.

acemt Wrote:Alex,

Thanks for the quick ReplysBig Grin

I thought as long as I put the mediasconfig.xml in my roaming directory
that it would override the system mediasconfig.xml. Here is what I have installed in the roaming directory...

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv|mkv">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

Wow, I feel as though I am destroying everything editing these .xml's to no evail. I edited the system mediasconfig to show lavaudio for .mkv's and still no go. Guess I will have to pray I haven't destroyed everything and go back to FFdshow...hopefully. Guess I'm an idiot. Thought I could make this work.
I feel your pain mate. What I have noticed is that you have 2 sets of LAV filters in your Mediasconfig file (the ones Alex gave you and the ones that were already there with the installation) To tidy up the installation it might be prudent to delete the first part - provided by Alex and leave the default installation - may be some corruption as a result of the double dip.

Yes you are right that the Mediasconfig file in the Roaming folder should override the system directory one. What you then have to consider is that the naming of the filters exactly matches that of the filtersconfig naming conevntion, irrespective of which filter set you use eg LAV splitter in the default install is named lavf_splitter.

There is nothing wrong with the filters information given by Alex, so if you decided to keep those and delete the default ones, just be sure to name them exactly to match.

Check that you also have LAV actually configured correctly to play these file formats and audio codecs.

EDIT just checked your filtersconfig file and in some cases you have 2 entries (eg check for LAV Splitter). Rather than getting further confused I would be inclined to reinstall and start from scratch.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-09

This is the way i have it in my mediasconfig (mine is set in the main directory under program files (x86)\.....\DSPlayer\..., and i have a backup always to avoid accidental update, but as guys already told u, should work perfectly in roaming directory as well). I didn't change anything from filtersconfig, just copied the filters names from it:

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="Haali" />
<splitter filter="Haali" />
<video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

<shaders>
<shader id="1" />
<shader id="18" />
</shaders>

</rule>

Edit: to configure LAV, the easiest way is set it up to be used in MPC-HD (don't open XBMC yet) and play a movie. While u're playing the video, u can open the LAV configuration window. U can't simply open it if no video is being played, if i remember it well.

vicmanpergar Wrote:This is the way i have it in my mediasconfig (mine is set in the main directory under program files (x86)\.....\DSPlayer\..., and i have a backup always to avoid accidental update, but as guys already told u, should work perfectly in roaming directory as well). I didn't change anything from filtersconfig, just copied the filters names from it:

<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="Haali" />
<splitter filter="Haali" />
<video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

<rule filetypes="mkv">

<shaders>
<shader id="1" />
<shader id="18" />
</shaders>

</rule>

Edit: to configure LAV, the easiest way is set it up to be used in MPC-HD (don't open XBMC yet) and play a movie. While u're playing the video, u can open the LAV configuration window. U can't simply open it if no video is being played, if i remember it well.
LAV configuration screens are available without the need to open mpc-hc - go to Start button (and if they aren't already pinned) go to All Programs\LAV Filters and there all there.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-09

True
Got my mind confused with another filter, lol
(terrible headache today)

- acemt - 2011-12-09

steelman1991 Wrote:I feel your pain mate. What I have noticed is that you have 2 sets of LAV filters in your Mediasconfig file (the ones Alex gave you and the ones that were already there with the installation) To tidy up the installation it might be prudent to delete the first part - provided by Alex and leave the default installation - may be some corruption as a result of the double dip.

Yes you are right that the Mediasconfig file in the Roaming folder should override the system directory one. What you then have to consider is that the naming of the filters exactly matches that of the filtersconfig naming conevntion, irrespective of which filter set you use eg LAV splitter in the default install is named lavf_splitter.

There is nothing wrong with the filters information given by Alex, so if you decided to keep those and delete the default ones, just be sure to name them exactly to match.

Check that you also have LAV actually configured correctly to play these file formats and audio codecs.

EDIT just checked your filtersconfig file and in some cases you have 2 entries (eg check for LAV Splitter). Rather than getting further confused I would be inclined to reinstall and start from scratch.

Thanks Steelman,

I think I get what you are saying. Noticed that the naming configurations don't match up. I have also noticed that I have no "LAVSOURCE.ax" I only have 3 .ax files under LAV. Am I suppose to be using the same exact filter as the splitter AND the source? That's the file giving me an error when I look at the log file.

Thanks

Mark

The whole beauty of this system is that you can mix and match as you want - though I sometimes think its easier to use all the same.

You do have a LAV source filter - see at the end of 'source filters' just watch again for the naming. All 4 filters are there in the default file.

If using the default filters your mediasconfig file in userdata should look like this

Quote:<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts|bdmv|mkv">
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

- acemt - 2011-12-09

steelman1991 Wrote:The whole beauty of this system is that you can mix and match as you want - though I sometimes think its easier to use all the same.

You do have a LAV source filter - see at the end of 'source filters' just watch again for the naming. All 4 filters are there in the default file.

If using the default filters your mediasconfig file in userdata should look like this

Steelman,

What I was trying to say is that I don't have a source filter.ax in my Lav filter directory (also no lavfsplitter). Here is the error that I am getting in the log..

08:24:42 T:27908 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
08:24:42 T:27908 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "laVSplitter"
08:24:42 T:27908 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
08:24:42 T:27908 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules

EDIT: Changed the SOURCE and the Splitter back to MKV and now the movie plays (mkv file). It is using the LAVAudio as I have HD audio now. Would like to figure out what I am doing wrong with the SOURCe and SPLITTer so I can have all the same.

Here are the 3 files I have in my LAV (0.42) folder
LaVAudio.ax
LaVVideo.ax
LaVSplitter.ax

There is no source filter present. What am I missing here? I have changed the source filter back to lavsplitter and also tried lavFsplitter. Neither work...?? I don't see any lavFsplitter

Thanks for all the help guys.

Mark

Nothing - that's all I have as well - the source filter will be registered in the background and be non-configurable, hence why its missing from the folder. Check again your spelling in the mediasconfig - in fact cut and paste it to here (the one that fails playback using LAV) and lets have a look.

One way to check is to download RadLight filter manager - open and check under 'Direct Show Filters' and see whether its there - if it isn't it means that it hasn't been registered.

- acemt - 2011-12-09

steelman1991 Wrote:Nothing - that's all I have as well - the source filter will be registered in the background and be non-configurable, hence why its missing from the folder. Check again your spelling in the mediasconfig - in fact cut and paste it to here (the one that fails playback using LAV) and lets have a look.

One way to check is to download RadLight filter manager - open and check under 'Direct Show Filters' and see whether its there - if it isn't it means that it hasn't been registered.

Ok, here it is...just the bottom half...

</filter>
<filter name="lavfsplitter" type="source">
<path>LAVSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
<osdname>LAV Splitter Source</osdname>
</filter>

<!-- Splitters -->
<filter name="avisplitter" type="splitter">
<path>AviSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{9736D831-9D6C-4E72-B6E7-560EF9181001}</guid>
<osdname>AVI Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="flvsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>FLVSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{47E792CF-0BBE-4F7A-859C-194B0768650A}</guid>
<osdname>FLV Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="mp4splitter" type="splitter">
<path>MP4Splitter.ax</path>
<guid>{61F47056-E400-43D3-AF1E-AB7DFFD4C4AD}</guid>
<osdname>MP4 Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>MatroskaSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{149D2E01-C32E-4939-80F6-C07B81015A7A}</guid>
<osdname>MKV Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="mpegsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>MpegSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{DC257063-045F-4BE2-BD5B-E12279C464F0}</guid>
<osdname>Mpeg Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="oggsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>OggSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{9FF48807-E133-40AA-826F-9B2959E5232D}</guid>
<osdname>Ogg Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="realsplitter" type="splitter">
<guid>{E21BE468-5C18-43EB-B0CC-DB93A847D769}</guid>
<osdname>RealAlternative Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="mpeg2demultiplexer" type="splitter">
<guid>{AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}</guid>
<osdname>MPEG-2 Demultiplexer</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="smm_mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
<guid>{5B00F980-F0B1-484B-ADE7-69408D9525F7}</guid>
<osdname>SolveigMM Matroska Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="lavf_splitter" type="splitter">
<guid>{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}</guid>
<osdname>LAV Splitter</osdname>
</filter>
</filters>
</filtersconfig>

And here's what I have under .mkv:

</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<video filter="laVVideo" />
<audio filter="laVAudio" />
</rule>

As I said, when I change both source and filter back to mkvsplitter, it works. Something is wrong with the source files for Lav...not seeing any typos.

Radlight shows all the LAVs

thanks again

- clubwerks - 2011-12-09

Did you try downloading the latest LAV filters, 0.42, and installing them.

I think you're looking for something that isn't there. If you install the filters, they won't be located in your folder with the xml files, but they are registered on your computer and able to be used just by using the proper guid.

- acemt - 2011-12-09

clubwerks Wrote:Did you try downloading the latest LAV filters, 0.42, and installing them.

I think you're looking for something that isn't there. If you install the filters, they won't be located in your folder with the xml files, but they are registered on your computer and able to be used just by using the proper guid.

Actually they are there. Under program files. This is version .42

Thanks

EDIT: I have re-installed the newest version of XBMC/dsplayer and copied over the filterconfig.xml just to make sure nothing was wrong. Still no go, still getting:

FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
08:24:42 T:27908 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "laVSplitter"
08:24:42 T:27908 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter

acemt Wrote:Actually they are there. Under program files. This is version .42

Thanks

EDIT: I have re-installed the newest version of XBMC/dsplayer and copied over the filterconfig.xml just to make sure nothing was wrong. Still no go, still getting:

FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
Where did you copy the filterconfig file to? With a default install and no advance settings, the only thing you should have needed to alter was the mediasconfig.

Do you have Haali installed - the readme file in lav filters states 'However, some other splitters register in a "bad" way and force all players
to use them. The Haali Media Splitter is one of those, and to give priority
to the LAVFSplitter you have to either uninstall Haali or rename its .ax file
at least temporarily.'

- acemt - 2011-12-10

steelman1991 Wrote:Where did you copy the filterconfig file to? With a default install and no advance settings, the only thing you should have needed to alter was the mediasconfig.

Do you have Haali installed - the readme file in lav filters states 'However, some other splitters register in a "bad" way and force all players
to use them. The Haali Media Splitter is one of those, and to give priority
to the LAVFSplitter you have to either uninstall Haali or rename its .ax file
at least temporarily.'

No Haali ever installed. I just installed XBMC to a test directory and copied filterconfig over as I had been playing with it and wanted to make sure it was not corrupted.

Guess if no one can come up with something I am doing wrong, I will have to go back to FFDshow and hopefully I cna get it working againSad

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-10

acemt - I've never found DSPlayer builds to play nice when there was more than one build installed - despite them being in seperate directories. It may be something and nothing but I always found that having 1 build provided the best result (don't know if it may have something to do with the fact that it uses DS Filters - but that's just a stab in the dark).

One last throw of the dice - I've been pouring over your filtersconfig and comparing it to the one I have in my userdata folder and the only difference I see is the naming convention of the LAV source splitter, which in the default and obviously your filtersconfig, introduces an underscore to the name. I seem to recall some time ago either Tiben or Seb advising that the filter naming and recognition didn't play well with spaces and/or special characters (or was I just dreaming).

To satisfy my curiosity if nothing else, below are my working filtersconfig and mediasconfig files. Paste both as they are into notebook - save as xml files and place in your AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata\dsplayer folder (if you don't have one create one). This should then override anything in the system folder - also only run from one location - delete/remove the second install.

filtersconfig.xml

Code:
<filtersconfig>
  <filters>
    <!-- You dont need a path if your filter is registered -->

<!-- Video decoders -->
    <filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
      <path>MPCVideoDec.ax</path>
      <guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
      <osdname>MPC Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ffdvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}</guid>
      <osdname>ffdshow Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ffdvideodxvadec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{0B0EFF97-C750-462C-9488-B10E7D87F1A6}</guid>
      <osdname>ffdshow DXVA Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="coreavcvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
      <osdname>CoreAVC Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="cyberlinkvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{BEF49ADB-9EC1-4AF2-8E50-90F226CC4843}</guid>
      <osdname>CyberLink Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="wmvideodecoder" type="videodec">
      <guid>{82D353DF-90BD-4382-8BC2-3F6192B76E34}</guid>
      <osdname>WMVideo Decoder</osdname>
      <isdmo>true</isdmo>
      <guid_category_dmo>{4a69b442-28be-4991-969c-b500adf5d8a8}</guid_category_dmo>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpeg2videodec" type="videodec">
      <path>Mpeg2DecFilter.ax</path>
      <guid>{39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}</guid>
      <osdname>mpeg2 Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="realvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{238D0F23-5DC9-45A6-9BE2-666160C324DD}</guid>
      <osdname>RealAlternative Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="broadcomvideodecoder" type="videodec">
      <guid>{2DE1D17E-46B1-42A8-9AEC-E20E80D9B1A9}</guid>
      <osdname>Broadcom VideoDecoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>

<!-- Audio decoders -->
    <filter name="mpaaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <path>MpaDecFilter.ax</path>
      <guid>{3D446B6F-71DE-4437-BE15-8CE47174340F}</guid>
      <osdname>Mpa Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ffdaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}</guid>
      <osdname>ffdshow audio decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="wmaudiodecoder" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{2EEB4ADF-4578-4D10-BCA7-BB955F56320A}</guid>
      <osdname>WMAudio Decoder</osdname>
      <isdmo>true</isdmo>
      <guid_category_dmo>{57f2db8b-e6bb-4513-9d43-dcd2a6593125}</guid_category_dmo>
    </filter>
    <filter name="realaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{941A4793-A705-4312-8DFC-C11CA05F397E}</guid>
      <osdname>RealAlternative Audio Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Audio Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>

<!-- Audio Stream Switcher-->
    <filter name="audioswitcher" type="audioswitch">
      <path>audioswitcher.ax</path>
      <guid>{18C16B08-6497-420E-AD14-22D21C2CEAB7}</guid>
      <alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
    </filter>

<!-- Extra filters -->
    <filter name="dcgraphiceq" type="extra">
      <path>DCGraphicEQ.ax</path>
      <guid>{E4DCD60C-F449-4C78-895B-1FE9F85C7EDD}</guid>
      <osdname>DC-GraphicEQ</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ac3filter" type="extra">
      <guid>{A753A1EC-973E-4718-AF8E-A3F554D45C44}</guid>
      <osdname>AC3Filter</osdname>
    </filter>

<!-- Source filters -->
    <filter name="dvdnavigator" type="source">
      <guid>{9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}</guid>
      <osdname>DVD Navigator</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="wmasfreader" type="source">
      <guid>{187463A0-5BB7-11D3-ACBE-0080C75E246E}</guid>
      <osdname>WM ASF Reader</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="avisource" type="source">
      <guid>{CEA8DEFF-0AF7-4DB9-9A38-FB3C3AEFC0DE}</guid>
      <osdname>AVI Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="flvsource" type="source">
      <guid>{C9ECE7B3-1D8E-41F5-9F24-B255DF16C087}</guid>
      <osdname>FLV Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mp4source" type="source">
      <guid>{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B}</guid>
      <osdname>MP4 Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mkvsource" type="source">
      <guid>{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4}</guid>
      <osdname>MKV Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpegsource" type="source">
      <guid>{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}</guid>
      <osdname>Mpeg Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="oggsource" type="source">
      <guid>{6D3688CE-3E9D-42F4-92CA-8A11119D25CD}</guid>
      <osdname>Ogg Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="realsource" type="source">
      <guid>{765035B3-5944-4A94-806B-20EE3415F26F}</guid>
      <osdname>RealAlternative Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="tsfilesource" type="source">
      <guid>{4F8BF30C-3BEB-43A3-8BF2-10096FD28CF2}</guid>
      <osdname>TS File Source</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="haali" type="source">
      <guid>{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}</guid>
      <osdname>Haali Media Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="filesource" type="source">
      <guid>{E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}</guid>
      <issplitter>false</issplitter>
      <osdname>File Source (Async.)</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavsource" type="source">
      <path>LAVSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Splitter Source</osdname>
    </filter>

<!-- Splitters -->
    <filter name="avisplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{9736D831-9D6C-4E72-B6E7-560EF9181001}</guid>
      <osdname>AVI Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="flvsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{47E792CF-0BBE-4F7A-859C-194B0768650A}</guid>
      <osdname>FLV Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mp4splitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{61F47056-E400-43D3-AF1E-AB7DFFD4C4AD}</guid>
      <osdname>MP4 Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{149D2E01-C32E-4939-80F6-C07B81015A7A}</guid>
      <osdname>MKV Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpegsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{DC257063-045F-4BE2-BD5B-E12279C464F0}</guid>
      <osdname>Mpeg Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="oggsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{9FF48807-E133-40AA-826F-9B2959E5232D}</guid>
      <osdname>Ogg Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="realsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{E21BE468-5C18-43EB-B0CC-DB93A847D769}</guid>
      <osdname>RealAlternative Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpeg2demultiplexer" type="splitter">
      <guid>{AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}</guid>
      <osdname>MPEG-2 Demultiplexer</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="smm_mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{5B00F980-F0B1-484B-ADE7-69408D9525F7}</guid>
      <osdname>SolveigMM Matroska Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>
  </filters>
</filtersconfig>

to be continued - mediasconfig in next post.