Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - qyxs - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-21, 22:45)qyxs Wrote: Hey I'm having an issue with the customization.

If I remove everything in the menu other than 'Movies/TV Shows/Music/Settings', movies disappears. And the widget from TV shows also displays when i'm hovering over settings.
Quote:Customisation of home menu is handled by script.skinshortcuts, not the skin - I just skin the dialog. I can suggest using the option to reset the menu to defaults and then try again - you probably have some weird override condition left over from another skin that also uses skin shortcuts (it tries to share menus between skins)

Yep I've gotten it fixed. Thanks for the help.

As for a real bug;

In a row I have set up: TV Show, Hub, Movies, Hub, Music, Settings

Even though I only have widgets set for TV shows, Movies and Music, they show up in settings and the hubs as well. Even though I manually set their widgets to none.

(They automatically grab the widgets of the one used for the Movies category)

Thanks again

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 02:35)qyxs Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 22:45)qyxs Wrote: Hey I'm having an issue with the customization.
If I remove everything in the menu other than 'Movies/TV Shows/Music/Settings', movies disappears. And the widget from TV shows also displays when i'm hovering over settings.
Quote:Customisation of home menu is handled by script.skinshortcuts, not the skin - I just skin the dialog. I can suggest using the option to reset the menu to defaults and then try again - you probably have some weird override condition left over from another skin that also uses skin shortcuts (it tries to share menus between skins)

Yep I've gotten it fixed. Thanks for the help.

As for a real bug;

In a row I have set up: TV Show, Hub, Movies, Hub, Music, Settings

Even though I only have widgets set for TV shows, Movies and Music, they show up in settings and the hubs as well. Even though I manually set their widgets to none.

(They automatically grab the widgets of the one used for the Movies category)

Thanks again
This has been covered multiple times -- creating a first post FAQ now to avoid repeating myself.

You have to set something else to show in the background otherwise the skin defaults back to the global widget. Either set a background for that particular menu item in the customisation dialog or set the global slideshow in Skin Settings > Home (Show slideshow when no widget set).

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-02-22

Hi Jurialmunkey, just wondering if its possible to include the home screen of Eminence with all the functions of Zephyr as an option or a mixture of the two (sort of). I love your two skins; they are beautiful and very fast.

Cheers

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 03:44)hacky4real Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey, just wondering if its possible to include the home screen of Eminence with all the functions of Zephyr as an option or a mixture of the two (sort of). I love your two skins; they are beautiful and very fast.

Cheers
Definitely not... Home screen stuff is some of the biggest stuff to code. Both skins use entirely different methods for the home screen. Plus this is its own skin, its not Eminence. I will add an option for icons on the home screen, but thats as close as its going to get to eminence.

EDIT: Adding an option for icons was suprisingly easy, you can try it in latest git. Still needs a few visual tweaks, but works atleast as poc.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - magy77 - 2015-02-22

Do you'll add a navigation sound?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mydsmbr - 2015-02-22

Hey Jurial,

thx for your great work.
I have a short question about the ExtraInfo-View.
Is there a easy way that i can tweak this view to get the filmname shown on the left info panel instead of the regisseur?

Example:

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - disrupted - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 05:58)magy77 Wrote: Do you'll add a navigation sound?
I would love that especially since the RPi supports navigation sounds for some time now. My remote if choice (PS3 BD Remote) doesn't produce clicking sounds so I rely on skin sounds as keypress feedback.
(2015-02-22, 12:40)mydsmbr Wrote: Hey Jurial,

thx for your great work.
Is there a easy way that i can tweak this view to get the filmname shown on the left info panel instead of the regisseur?

Example:
This looks very odd to me. I agree that the movie name would fit much better.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - DuffBeer - 2015-02-22

Hi Jurial,

Your skins are gorgeous, you have my big thanks for these !

I got just one little question : when i select a multi-image background, the quality of the pictures is optimal at the first load, but then resolution drop.
There's no problem with the fanart scraped for movies, tv-shows or music. It only occurs with the pictures i choose for the multi-image background.

Could you investigate ^^ ?

Thxs again !

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - thrak76 - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 12:51)freem@n Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 12:40)mydsmbr Wrote: Hey Jurial,

thx for your great work.
This looks very odd to me. I agree that the movie name would fit much better.

Or, keep the director and just add "Director" or "Directed by". Personally, I like seeing the director.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-22, 03:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 03:44)hacky4real Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey, just wondering if its possible to include the home screen of Eminence with all the functions of Zephyr as an option or a mixture of the two (sort of). I love your two skins; they are beautiful and very fast.

Cheers
Definitely not... Home screen stuff is some of the biggest stuff to code. Both skins use entirely different methods for the home screen. Plus this is its own skin, its not Eminence. I will add an option for icons on the home screen, but thats as close as its going to get to eminence.

EDIT: Adding an option for icons was suprisingly easy, you can try it in latest git. Still needs a few visual tweaks, but works atleast as poc.

I love the icons! Will there be colour options in the future?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-23

RE: Sounds -- added. Its pretty basic, just a click sound for certain actions. Not really interested in adding anything more complicated.

RE: Director -- I did it this way as the movie title is highlighted on the right and it feels like unnecessary duplication. It can be changed in Includes_Labels. The variable used for this info is LabelDirector.

(2015-02-22, 13:04)DuffBeer Wrote: I got just one little question : when i select a multi-image background, the quality of the pictures is optimal at the first load, but then resolution drop.

Strange, doesn't happen to me. Can't really investigate if I can't reproduce it. If I think of anything I will let you know.

(2015-02-22, 19:44)hacky4real Wrote: I love the icons! Will there be colour options in the future?
Unlikely. Want to keep it simple with Light, Dark and Dark Dialogs. The blue highlight colour can be changed in skin.arctic.zephyr/colours/Defaults.xml
the definition is Highlight.

edit: or are you talking about colour iconsHuh

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - hacky4real - 2015-02-23

(2015-02-23, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: RE: Sounds -- added. Its pretty basic, just a click sound for certain actions. Not really interested in adding anything more complicated.

RE: Director -- I did it this way as the movie title is highlighted on the right and it feels like unnecessary duplication. It can be changed in Includes_Labels. The variable used for this info is LabelDirector.

(2015-02-22, 13:04)DuffBeer Wrote: I got just one little question : when i select a multi-image background, the quality of the pictures is optimal at the first load, but then resolution drop.

Strange, doesn't happen to me. Can't really investigate if I can't reproduce it. If I think of anything I will let you know.

(2015-02-22, 19:44)hacky4real Wrote: I love the icons! Will there be colour options in the future?
Unlikely. Want to keep it simple with Light, Dark and Dark Dialogs. The blue highlight colour can be changed in skin.arctic.zephyr/colours/Defaults.xml
the definition is Highlight.

edit: or are you talking about colour iconsHuh

Yes colour icons, I tried few icon with colour....but it didn't workSad

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - lysin - 2015-02-23

I am getting the same widget loading problem as mentioned above.

As I cycle between movies and tv menus (different widgets), I get this, every time:

All videos in my database are local.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-02-23

(2015-02-23, 01:49)hacky4real Wrote: Yes colour icons, I tried few icon with colour....but it didn't workSad
Yeah not possible unfortunately. This is due to the need to colour flip the icons for the light theme. The skin will only accept icons that are selected from the dialog - if you browse for an icon elsewhere it wont display.

(2015-02-23, 02:00)lysin Wrote: I am getting the same widget loading problem as mentioned above.

As I cycle between movies and tv menus (different widgets), I get this, every time.

Debug Log? How long is it taking to load? There will always be a short amount of loading time, but it shouldn't be more than a second or two if the files and database are local.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - lysin - 2015-02-23

(2015-02-23, 02:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 01:49)hacky4real Wrote: Yes colour icons, I tried few icon with colour....but it didn't workSad
Yeah not possible unfortunately. This is due to the need to colour flip the icons for the light theme. The skin will only accept icons that are selected from the dialog - if you browse for an icon elsewhere it wont display.

(2015-02-23, 02:00)lysin Wrote: I am getting the same widget loading problem as mentioned above.

As I cycle between movies and tv menus (different widgets), I get this, every time.

Debug Log? How long is it taking to load? There will always be a short amount of loading time, but it shouldn't be more than a second or two if the files and database are local.

I did not realised that was the intended behaviour.

The loading time is about 1 second, but still very annoying to my ocd. Tongue

I'm used to smooth widget transitions in eminence, that's why I thought something was broken.

Either way, I made a kodi backup and I'll be trying on a fresh kodi install that was long overdue.