Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! (/showthread.php?tid=352934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2021-10-18

(2021-10-09, 21:48)cryptid Wrote: cant autowidget display the contents of favourites.xml as a widget? I've been trying to figuring it out, and searching this thread, but i can't get the hang of it. i like the built in favourites function because it's less clicks, but there's no favourites widget which I thought i'd be able to solve with autowidgets...

I was just coming here to ask the same thing. Using Xonfluence. You can add favourites as a submenu, but not as a widget. You can make widgets in Xonfluence by adding to favorites and choosing a favourite as a widget. So I was trying different ways in Autowidgets to make a Favourites shortcut so it would work as a widget, but cant figure it out either. So what i did was open superfavourites addon. It has an Explore Kodi favorites button coded into SF. So I just added that to Kodi favourites, then chose that favorite as the widget. However it seems some favorites dont open correctly in a SF widget.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - drinfernoo - 2021-10-18

(2021-10-18, 16:40)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-10-09, 21:48)cryptid Wrote: cant autowidget display the contents of favourites.xml as a widget? I've been trying to figuring it out, and searching this thread, but i can't get the hang of it. i like the built in favourites function because it's less clicks, but there's no favourites widget which I thought i'd be able to solve with autowidgets...

I was just coming here to ask the same thing. Using Xonfluence. You can add favourites as a submenu, but not as a widget. You can make widgets in Xonfluence by adding to favorites and choosing a favourite as a widget. So I was trying different ways in Autowidgets to make a Favourites shortcut so it would work as a widget, but cant figure it out either. So what i did was open superfavourites addon. It has an Explore Kodi favorites button coded into SF. So I just added that to Kodi favourites, then chose that favorite as the widget. However it seems some favorites dont open correctly in a SF widget.

I would try adding your favorites to a shortcut group Wink The whole point of them is to be a "beefed up" version of SF.

EDIT: Also, I recently saw a comment on GitHub (by @jurialmunkey) suggesting that there isn't a way to point a widget directly at Favorites anyways.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2021-10-18

(2021-10-18, 17:57)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-10-18, 16:40)jdig4240 Wrote:

I would try adding your favorites to a shortcut group Wink The whole point of them is to be a "beefed up" version of SF.

EDIT: Also, I recently saw a comment on GitHub (by @jurialmunkey) suggesting that there isn't a way to point a widget directly at Favorites anyways.
Oh, I have many many AW shortcut groups setup. Just no way to get Kodi Favorites as a widget without using Super Favorites. Plus still need to keep SF installed so i can password protect folders..

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - Smokeycoles - 2021-12-08

Hi can this add-on give me 

the recently added from a particular playlist.
e.g. if i have a folder called 1080p
i also have a smart playlist for 1080p

I want a widget to display the recently added only within the 1080p

Where the default shows recently added from 2160p, 1080p, 720p folders

If so is there any chance of an instruction how to do it?
I've watched the you tubes, have the add-on and tbh im struggling to understand the addon (but i don't doubt its a powerful tool)

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - drinfernoo - 2021-12-08

(2021-12-08, 15:36)Smokeycoles Wrote: Hi can this add-on give me 

the recently added from a particular playlist.
e.g. if i have a folder called 1080p
i also have a smart playlist for 1080p

I want a widget to display the recently added only within the 1080p

Where the default shows recently added from 2160p, 1080p, 720p folders

If so is there any chance of an instruction how to do it?
I've watched the you tubes, have the add-on and tbh im struggling to understand the addon (but i don't doubt its a powerful tool)

This add-on won't necessarily provide that functionality, but I think you probably could with some more playlist filters... recently added from a specific folder or with a specific resolution might work, but I'm not sure exactly which filters to use: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - Kokonutcreme - 2021-12-31

Hi

Is there a way to edit widget groups and remove a path entry or to delete an entire widget group to start again?  I don't see a delete option in context menu for either an existing path or a widget group.

Thanks

EDIT:  it’s ok worked it out

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2022-01-08

Hey Drinfernoo, I am having an issue with IAGL where after I exit a game, I get a persistent message/notification of "Please Wait Processing files 99%. I looked through the log and saw autowidget doing something right after I exit a game. So I disabled Autowidget and the problem goes away. So it seems AW is causing this message for some reason. I installed a fresh Kodi with only IAGL, and I dont get this message. Then Install AW and the problem is there. I also posted about this in IAGL thread here. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332966&pid=3079726#pid3079726  Hoping somebody can figure out why its doing this. Take a look at my log, thank you!!...  https://pastebin.com/BvtFDVq9     *Heres a screenshot of the message: https://pichost.net/img/screenshot-1.N8exa

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - drinfernoo - 2022-01-10

That message isn't from AutoWidget... I'm not really sure why you'd be seeing that.

Are you launching IAGL games from an AutoWidget you created? Do you have any AutoWidgets? Your screenshot appears to be using Estuary, so I'm guessing that you don't. I'm that case, AutoWidget should have nothing to do with this.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2022-01-10

(2022-01-10, 01:19)drinfernoo Wrote: That message isn't from AutoWidget... I'm not really sure why you'd be seeing that.

Are you launching IAGL games from an AutoWidget you created? Do you have any AutoWidgets? Your screenshot appears to be using Estuary, so I'm guessing that you don't. I'm that case, AutoWidget should have nothing to do with this.

On the first setup i have tons of autowidgets setup, just shortcuts, not widgets, and no i was not launching any IAGL stuff from autowidgets. But like I said as i looked through the log the only thing I saw was autowidgets trying to cache something. So I went ahead and disabled AW and the problem went away. So thats when i did more testing and cleared all Kodi data, installed only IAGL on default Estuary. Works fine, no processing 99% message. So then I installed AW fresh, no autowidgets setup at all. Then after i exit a game, the processing 99% message comes back again. Disabled AW again and the message goes away, so gotta be somethin AW is doing trying to cache something that was last played. Not sure, but its fine until AW is installed.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - justin150 - 2022-01-11

I have recently got back into playing with Autowidgets as I trying to mod Aeon Nox Silvio skin to integrate better with it.  As others have pointed out there are some limitations with what can be linked as a shortcut within Autowidget - Favourites being the example most often used although I would prefer being able to have a shortcut to File Manager (seems not possible).  I do hope that DrInfernoo can manage in some future version to allow these sort of shortcuts.

I have had some success with having as a sub-menu item a refresh a specific widget.  The solution as suggested by Drinfernoo many months ago is to select "Custom Item" in the manage sub menu/change action section of the menu customizer and then insert RunPlugin("plugin://plugin/program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=[insert Autowidget ID]").  However, there is a slightly better solution if you are using the Aeon Nox Silvio skin (or its many modded versions) instead insert 

RunPlugin("plugin://plugin/program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=$INFO[Container(container_id).ListItem.Property(autoID)]")

where the container ID is in the format 8011[id_no] for widget 1 or 8021[id_no] for widget 2 and the id number is simply the position of the main menu to which the widget relates so if the widget is attached to the first item on the main menu the container_ID is 80111 (for widget 1) or 80211 (for widget 2).  

The reason that is a better solution is that the Autowidget ID may change - for example if you add a new item to the Autowidget Group.  If you coded the sub menu refresh button to the Autowidget ID then when that ID changes it breaks the sub-menu refresh command, whereas by coding the way I suggest it does not break.  That however does not help you if you change the order of the main menu, but hopefully you do not do that often. 

It should be possible to code the custom item sub menu action in a way that even works when the main menu order is swapped around.  Something like Container(8011$SKINSHORTCUTS[id]) works in widgets but not in the sub menu.  I haven't managed to find the right combination to work but maybe someone else will have more luck than me.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2022-01-11

(2022-01-11, 01:16)justin150 Wrote: I have recently got back into playing with Autowidgets as I trying to mod Aeon Nox Silvio skin to integrate better with it.  As others have pointed out there are some limitations with what can be linked as a shortcut within Autowidget - Favourites being the example most often used although I would prefer being able to have a shortcut to File Manager (seems not possible).  

Curious, cant you just add activatewindow(filemanager) as a custom command in a submenu for File Manager? Or is it because you want File Manager in an Autowidget Group?

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - jdig4240 - 2022-01-11

(2022-01-11, 06:50)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 01:16)justin150 Wrote: I have recently got back into playing with Autowidgets as I trying to mod Aeon Nox Silvio skin to integrate better with it.  As others have pointed out there are some limitations with what can be linked as a shortcut within Autowidget - Favourites being the example most often used although I would prefer being able to have a shortcut to File Manager (seems not possible).  

Curious, cant you just add activatewindow(filemanager) as a custom command in a submenu for File Manager? Or is it because you want File Manager in an Autowidget Group?

I was able to make an AW shortcut for File Manager. It looks like this...
        {
            "label": "File Manager",
            "content": "none",
            "file": {
                "file": "ActivateWindow(filemanager)",
                "filetype": "directory",
                "art": {
                    "icon": "DefaultAddonsSearch.png",
                    "thumb": "special://home/addons/resource.images.skinicons.wide/resources/icons/filemanager.png"
                }
            },
            "color": "white",
            "window": "filemanager",
            "target": "shortcut",
            "id": "search-1634328954.9411094",
            "version": "3.4.2"
        },

But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - drinfernoo - 2022-01-11

(2022-01-11, 01:16)justin150 Wrote: The reason that is a better solution is that the Autowidget ID may change - for example if you add a new item to the Autowidget Group.  If you coded the sub menu refresh button to the Autowidget ID then when that ID changes it breaks the sub-menu refresh command, whereas by coding the way I suggest it does not break.  That however does not help you if you change the order of the main menu, but hopefully you do not do that often. 

Adding an item to the group shouldn't change the ID of the widget unless you point the widget again.

RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - drinfernoo - 2022-01-11

(2022-01-11, 06:56)jdig4240 Wrote: But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere you can open a context menu on File Manager in most skins (none that I've seen so far).

(2022-01-11, 18:47)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 06:56)jdig4240 Wrote: But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere you can open a context menu on File Manager in most skins (none that I've seen so far).

No, I mean open the context menu in an AW group, and have an option to add a custom shortcut to that group. Then you would be able to add a custom command, like ActivateWindow(filemanager).