Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- PatOso - 2012-02-21

B_N, any chance of a view supports "disc.png"?Eek

- thewarm - 2012-02-21

TeKo Wrote:Dont really get this you want to turn off XBMC from another room without remote/keyboard?
From another PC or what?

I use a MCE remote in my bedroom and a Harmony remote in the front to control a single PC that feeds both rooms (HDMI splitter).
I just want to know if I can add "quit XBMC" as a favorite so I can hide the Shutdown menu item on the Home screen, then I could add it to a drop down menu.
The Harmony is no problem. But adding a "q" or "end" to the MCE remote would be tough (I've already mapped all of the buttons!).

Thanks

- nistuf - 2012-02-21

thewarm Wrote:I use a MCE remote in my bedroom and a Harmony remote in the front to control a single PC that feeds both rooms (HDMI splitter).
I just want to know if I can add "quit XBMC" as a favorite so I can hide the Shutdown menu item on the Home screen, then I could add it to a drop down menu.
The Harmony is no problem. But adding a "q" or "end" to the MCE remote would be tough (I've already mapped all of the buttons!).

Thanks

Why don't you use the drop down menu, positioned under 's'. Then you can press exit (which is similar to quit xmbc).

- thewarm - 2012-02-21

nistuf Wrote:Why don't you use the drop down menu, positioned under 's'. Then you can press exit (which is similar to quit XBMC).

My goal is to hide the "Shutdown" menu.

positioned under 's' , Do you mean Positioned under Shutdown? I'm trying to eliminate that menu item.

Thank you for the reply.

- Eisi2005 - 2012-02-21

@BN

you will my hero if you implement this new script

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123578

This is one of the last features i´m missing for a media center

Greets
Eisi

- TeKo - 2012-02-21

Windows?
If yes maybe EventGhost.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-22

Hi all, I love the skin, just a few questions/observations regarding using it under Eden Beta 3.

As someone else earlier pointed out (and they kind of got ridiculed for it), when a disc is installed it would be nice if there was simply an "eject" sub-menu item on the "play disc" action. This seems like it wouldn't be too tough to implement and is better than having to go into the shutdown menu to eject a disc (and potentially accidentally shut the box down or exit out of XBMC).

The bigger issue I've observed since the very first Eden release is that when XBMC with Nox starts up, it ignores the very first button push on my remote. There's no beep and nothing happens. the second button push and all subsequent button pushes are recognized. This behavior extends past just remote control. If I put a disc in right after XBMC/Nox starts up, the "play disc" activity does not automatically get highlighted, so it's like the very first menu action of any kind is simply ignored from what I can see.

Is this a known problem? If not, I can provide whatever info would be useful so it can be resolved.

Thanks again for the awesome work, I love Nox!

P.S. Can anyone point me towards older version of the wallpapers for movies/shows/etc? I like the older "Fringe" wallpaper from the Dharma version of Nox better than the one that is in the current version.

- Bert02 - 2012-02-22

Big_Noid Wrote:You can always enable the option to lock the menu in it's current position.

where do i find this setting? i have gone through all the menus in the program and also tried looking in the xml files to no luck

the menu bar is locked but the feed and other bars above and below the menu bar arent

EDIT
after playing with multiple settings it still hadnt worked but on reboot it works fine now dont know what it was

- nistuf - 2012-02-22

thewarm Wrote:My goal is to hide the "Shutdown" menu.

positioned under 's' , Do you mean Positioned under Shutdown? I'm trying to eliminate that menu item.

Thank you for the reply.

I thought you were trying to get rid of the 'shutdown' item as a visible button on your home screen (so the one between other items like tvshows, movies, weather etc.). When you press 's' on your keyboard (or map a remote press to simulate 's') you will see a drop down menu in which you can quit xbmc. This way you don't need the shutdown item on your home screen. If this is not a solution to your problem than i probably misunderstood your question ;-)

- chander - 2012-02-22

Eisi2005 Wrote:@BN

Greets
Eisi

Great new feature!

- ferent - 2012-02-22

chander Wrote:Great new feature!

+1 Nod

- vicmanpergar - 2012-02-22

chander Wrote:Great new feature!

Brilliant!

My Home Screen - thewarm - 2012-02-22

Once again, thanks Big Noid!

I'm trying to keep nice flowing transitions as I change menu items...

As I change menu items it appears as though the image on the projector screen changes while the rest of the "home theater room" stays the same.

Eden is coming along very nicely... thanks to everyone involved from the developers to the forum members!!!

- htpc guy - 2012-02-22

^^ Looks great. Any chance you would upload a full sized image so I can my own? :-)

- BigNoid - 2012-02-22

PatOso Wrote:B_N, any chance of a view supports "disc.png"?Eek
Probably not, there are no suitable viewtypes imo.
Eisi2005 Wrote:@BN

Greets
Eisi
Yes, will add that whenI find time to code, having a real busy week.
voip-ninja Wrote:Hi all, I love the skin, just a few questions/observations regarding using it under Eden Beta 3.

As someone else earlier pointed out (and they kind of got ridiculed for it), when a disc is installed it would be nice if there was simply an "eject" sub-menu item on the "play disc" action. This seems like it wouldn't be too tough to implement and is better than having to go into the shutdown menu to eject a disc (and potentially accidentally shut the box down or exit out of XBMC).

The bigger issue I've observed since the very first Eden release is that when XBMC with Nox starts up, it ignores the very first button push on my remote. There's no beep and nothing happens. the second button push and all subsequent button pushes are recognized. This behavior extends past just remote control. If I put a disc in right after XBMC/Nox starts up, the "play disc" activity does not automatically get highlighted, so it's like the very first menu action of any kind is simply ignored from what I can see.

Is this a known problem? If not, I can provide whatever info would be useful so it can be resolved.

Thanks again for the awesome work, I love Nox!

P.S. Can anyone point me towards older version of the wallpapers for movies/shows/etc? I like the older "Fringe" wallpaper from the Dharma version of Nox better than the one that is in the current version.
I'm cycling the fringe wallpapers with each release Wink Go to googlecode page to get the previous one.
There is no way I can highlight the play disc item automatically, for this you can autoplay I think. Eject submenu is possible, will think about it.

@thewarm: those wallpapers look great Smile