Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - eric75 - 2016-03-30

bobones - you're a superstar....MANY THANKS for your posts here!

Would not have purchased this box without your advice here, or updated to openelec on the original I bought and now I have a new revision board which, eventually, I have updated to your 6.01 (50Hz solved my audio issue after disc_cap salvaged my black screen).

MANY thanks once again - hope you continue to keep an interest in the x4, even if you move on to 'better' boxes.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - redmistaa - 2016-04-03

(2016-03-24, 10:39)bobones Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 20:26)rsblue Wrote: Be Aware new stock of the cyclonex4 non bluetooth has a new revision Board the the tv110 openelec images do not work on the new board i have found a working openelec rom that works on this new board but it doesnt recognise the ap6181 wifi module i am hoping to be sent a working rom soon .

To tell if you have the new stock without opening the box up just look at the bottom of the unit if there is a sticker saying sumvision x4 in black with coloured writing you can use the tv110 images.Smile

If the bottom of the unit has the sumvision printed on in white (no sticker) you have the new revision board.Undecided

(2016-01-29, 19:01)headhunter657 Wrote: Hello all,
New to this forum so please forgive me if I come across a bit untechnical. I've had an x4 running openelec 5.0.8 14.2 successfully up to know but decided to update via the tar method to 6.0.0 15.2, that's when I wished I hadn't, all I ended up with was a black screen and no signal on the TV. I reflashed 5.0.8 using twrp method and all is working again.

My question is can anyone point me to the latest tar update that is working well on the x4.

Appreciate any feedback.

I

Unfortunately, with Kerber dropping the TV110 I suspect this 6.0.1 with 15.2 will be the last we'll get for the X4

Here is 6.0.1 for original and 2nd rev. X4 (non-bluetooth) with userdata disp_cap patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qobc4nuqnnbztfg/OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-TV110-6.0.1.tar?dl=0

Does this mean we won't be seeing openelec 7.0 on the x4 in the near future?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - magoo75 - 2016-05-01

Good day gorgeous peoples, apologises for the hijack (please (re)move if necessary).

Bit of a nOOb here with all this Openelec/kodi stuff (more familiar with Android/Kodi setup).

Anyway, Ive been tasked with attempting to fix a friends Cyclone X4 Box that he purchased from a box seller (against my advice).

Currently running Openelec (unofficial) 5.0.6 (kernel-Linux 3.10.61) and Kodi 14.2. Git:e7ba06f.

Now the majority of the time, it gets stuck on the Kodi splash screen and won't go any further, once in a while it will load (allowed me to get above info) but ends up freezing at some point. Ive tried restoring the firmware as per Sumvision web instructions but that just fails.

Can anyone point me the right direction or advise on how to (if possible), wipe the Openelec OS and revert back to Android OS.

Cheers for any help

Stu

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-04

@magoo75. There's probably something wrong with the internal storage. Reflashing it might fix it. If not try a factory reset then flash. Android on these boxes is not so great so I would suggest reflashing with OpenELEC. You need TWRP on a mini-SD then flash the 5.0.8 openelec.zip AND the original bootloader.zip at the same time. Add the remote.conf file to the config folder and you should be good to go. You can then update from 5.0.8 to 6.0.1 (Kodi 15.2) using the tar update method. If you really need to go back to Android then restoring from a TWRP backup might work. Full details elsewhere on this thread.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - np27np27 - 2016-05-09

(2014-12-20, 17:39)bobones Wrote: Stringy, you just need to replace the /etc/remote.conf file with one from the original ROM

For the power on/off you just need to reflash the original bootloader.

Here is the original remote.conf file https://www.dropbox.com/s/zezg2i537ts35m5/remote.conf?dl=0

Install SSHDroid and logon as root. run "mount -oremount,rw /system" and then replace /etc/remote.conf with the original one and reboot

To install the original boot loader, download these files on the root of a FAT32 formatted micro SD (USB will not work) and run the update package from the SD. If you can't get into recovery you may need to install a reboot app.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdj21h5h6xv4jjb/AABJxqsdzTkZ28snhWFGBNW9a?dl=0

Hi,

I can't get the the Power on/off to work. Can you please help?
I boot into the TWRP recovery, and install the bootloader.zip file from the install menu. Then hit reboot. The box fails to boot and i get nothing but a black screen. What am i doing wrong?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-09

Which version of OpenELEC are you flashing? Which Sumvision Cyclone do you have: is it a Mk1 (paper label) or Mk2 (printed)? Try flashing 5.0.8 update.zip then bootloader.zip in same flash.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - np27np27 - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 11:42)bobones Wrote: Which version of OpenELEC are you flashing? Which Sumvision Cyclone do you have: is it a Mk1 (paper label) or Mk2 (printed)? Try flashing 5.0.8 update.zip then bootloader.zip in same flash.

Hi, sorry i should have said, its not openelec im flashing. It was the custom rom found here. http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=313

The user in that post flashed it successfully but found the remote and power up did not work. The remote works with your .conf file but flashing the bootloader results in no boot and black screen.
I'm not sure which version box i have, i will check tonight. Which label do you mean?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-10

The label on the underside of the box, but sorry, I won't be able to help you with that custom ROM.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - np27np27 - 2016-05-10

Lol, i guess so. Can you please advise on openelec? I think i will give it a go.

The reason i have not tried openelec yet is that the amlogic versions dont look like they have kodi 16.1. But hopefully they will be updated.

Should i install the latest version of openelec tv110 (6.01 i think) or install the 5.08 that you mention above?

*EDIT*
So i've installed OE 5.08 but i cant get the amremote_config command to work. It says "not found"??
As its a read only filesystem i can't push the file into the /etc folder with ssh.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - np27np27 - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-10, 11:51)bobones Wrote: The label on the underside of the box, but sorry, I won't be able to help you with that custom ROM.

Its a sticker, so paper i guess?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-11

Sticker means it's the original X4 so 6.0.1 should work fine without needing a disp_cap file. Kerber seems to be concentrating on other boxes for his new ports so this may well be the last OE for these boxes. I can't remember, but the command may just be "remote_config" on OE. In any case, just drop it in the config folder and reboot.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - np27np27 - 2016-05-12

(2016-05-11, 10:56)bobones Wrote: Sticker means it's the original X4 so 6.0.1 should work fine without needing a disp_cap file. Kerber seems to be concentrating on other boxes for his new ports so this may well be the last OE for these boxes. I can't remember, but the command may just be "remote_config" on OE. In any case, just drop it in the config folder and reboot.

Nope, remote_config does not work either and adding the remote.conf file to the .config folder and rebooting doesn't work. Some of the buttons on the remote still dont work. Sad

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-12

Are you using the remote_config from My Dropbox? File copy into \\openelec\config and do not copy and paste.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2016-05-28

Good news! kszaq's LibreELEC 7.0 (Kodi 16.1) for MXQ works nicely on the original X4. I first tried booting it from SD (had to use my remote.conf) then updated on NAND using the MXQ update.zip and original bootloader from TWRP.

See this thread https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-200.html

Great to have new LibreELEC and Kodi releases on our X4s!

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Midnight63 - 2016-05-30

Wow gr8 find bobones.

Any chance of drop boxing the correct files and a short how to?

Thanks