Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - gabsaoleo - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:56)gabsaoleo Wrote: This is a mockup. There's no view like this. I wish Jurial could make a view like that one. Smile

But there is - its called 'Big Cover'... I'm confused Huh

There's one called Big Cover but no music logos and label logos. Wink

RE: Arctic - neurosis13 - 2013-10-06

(2013-10-06, 21:42)gabsaoleo Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:56)gabsaoleo Wrote: This is a mockup. There's no view like this. I wish Jurial could make a view like that one. Smile

But there is - its called 'Big Cover'... I'm confused Huh

There's one called Big Cover but no music logos and label logos. Wink

music and label logos:
+1
Smile

RE: Arctic - codealpha - 2013-10-07

Sorry for the off-topic, but i´ve been trying to figure out why some movies have a blue star at the top left corner and others don´t (in the classic info view). I have absolutely no idea of what it means. Seems It doesn´t have to do with favorites or ratings. Can anyone please give me a clue and where/how can i remove them?
Thank you.

RE: Arctic - gabsaoleo - 2013-10-07

codealpha, try to refresh the movie information. Are you scraping with Ember? If no, try to refresh by going to Movie information and then Refresh.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2013-10-07

Codealpha, the blue star represents the newest content added to XBMC.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-06, 13:28)efty.edge Wrote: In Movie submenu of the first versions of Artic was an REFRESH MOVIE DATABASE button. Where is it gone!?
You should be able to press down (twice for panel because of the widgets) on the home screen to get to the power menu which has an option "update" 2nd from the right. That updates your videos database.

(2013-10-06, 13:34)PatrickBateman Wrote: I have included a folder.jpg, fanart.jpg yet all of the fanart.jpg files are ignored?

I don't like the default yellow/black "music note" fan art wallpaper as its not fitting with the skin, can you allow the skin to display a fanart.jpg if present?

The reason I ask, is many compilations I use a nice white clean background with headphones "evaporating" into black musical notes (like for my ministry of sound album fanart etc) and would either like to over ride the default fanart (yellow and black Image/text) or alow the skin to check and see if a fanart.jpg is present?

But a simple fix, would be to include a clean simple, default music fanart image for when no fan art is present?
I'll have a look at using fanart.jpg. I don't use local fanart myself, but will look into it. Its annoying that artwork downloader doesn't also do music library (because you can scan local files to the database with AD).
EDIT: xbmc should automatically scan your fanart.jpg from what I read. Make sure it is in the artist folder, not the album folder.
EDIT2: Going back to your post, I see that you say that you have your music organised in album folders... that's why xbmc isn't scraping your local fanart.jpg I'm pretty sure. You need to have the albums in artist folders with the fanart.jpg in the artist folder.

I'm not sure what you mean by the yellow/black fanart wallpaperHuh Can you show me a screenshot - never seen this before.

Definitely will be adding an optional fallback fanart, just haven't got there yet Wink

(2013-10-06, 17:33)neurosis13 Wrote: i have a suggestion for alligning the flags, might be an idea
yeah I've been trying a few things out along these lines -- putting the studio next to the year is probably makes the most sense as the info seems to go together (made by this studio in this year)... just been busy so haven't had enough time to try different things out properly yet.

(2013-10-06, 18:07)st graveyard Wrote: I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.
Different strokes different folks... Its certainly not a fanart skin so more focus on the background will never happen. You can change the menu font size by editing 1080i/font.xml. Just change the size of the Font-ModHome entry.

There will be additional widget options in the future.

(2013-10-06, 21:42)gabsaoleo Wrote: There's one called Big Cover but no music logos and label logos. Wink
There are logos. You just need to point the skin to where your music artwork is stored -- "Skin Settings > General > Path to music art". It needs to be organised in folders that match Artist names with a logo.png inside.

Also there are studio flags, but studios generally only get scraped for albums so there is usually only studio info at the album level.

(2013-10-07, 01:36)codealpha Wrote: Sorry for the off-topic, but i´ve been trying to figure out why some movies have a blue star at the top left corner and others don´t (in the classic info view). I have absolutely no idea of what it means. Seems It doesn´t have to do with favorites or ratings. Can anyone please give me a clue and where/how can i remove them?
Its means that it was recently added to your library.

RE: Arctic - xecutionx - 2013-10-07

(2013-09-19, 08:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-19, 07:45)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2013-09-19, 07:05)xecutionx Wrote: Any chance of including a PseudoTV skin based of your LiveTV guide? That would be amazing.
+1

I was actually planning to hopefully get started on it this weekend Wink

Any updates? Just curious. Love the skin, it's my default now.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-07, 03:17)xecutionx Wrote:
(2013-09-19, 08:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-19, 07:45)deletedpenguin Wrote: +1
I was actually planning to hopefully get started on it this weekend Wink
Any updates? Just curious. Love the skin, it's my default now.

Yeah the epg section is half done - I've just been busy packing to move house so I haven't had a chance to finish it yet. Now that I've started on it, its really bugging me to get it finished so its pretty much top priority once I've settled into my new place and I get some spare time for skinning.

RE: Arctic - codealpha - 2013-10-07

@gabsaoleo, @deletedpenguin, @jurialmunkey
Thank you for your replies. It makes sense now. However seems its not working right, i mean there's movies there that i have added a long time ago that are considered new movies and have the star and others that i added recently that don´t appear there. Anyway i´m still not sure, since i usually add a bunch of movies at the same time and not one by one. I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks.

RE: Arctic - inciter - 2013-10-07

I tested Arctic for about a week now, organized my media, added a tv backend and so far, it works great. It's my default skin now. Do I have to say it? Yes, I love it! Big Grin

But I wouldn't post if there wasn't anything my mind. Just a minor bug I hope: Opening the tv channellist when watching tv fullscreen the interface does not respond to any first input. Maybe it's not focused after being displayed. After an initial UP or DOWN everything works fine. I didn't experienced this behaviour using a different skin.

Great work and many thanks!

RE: Arctic - Nyx4334 - 2013-10-07

Thanks for this fantastic skin, jurialmunkey.
My significant other really likes ;-)

We watch a lot of different TV shows and our preferred view is classic-poster. To be perfect, it lacks for us just a tiny bit of information: the amount of unwatched episodes. I tried it myself (to modify Viewtypes_ClassicPoster.xml), but I failed misserably. I´d like to replace the display of the year with the amount of unwatched episodes.

Maybe you can tell me what / how to change?

Thanks a lot.

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-10-08

i just built a new htpc and am trying to figure something out. with my other htpc directories are listed first and then files. however on my new build files are listed first and then directories. does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere that controls this? the only difference between the two installs is that my new htpc is using openelec while my old build is on minimal ubuntu. it's not a huge deal but i'd like it switch to how i'm used to if possible.

RE: Arctic - osos - 2013-10-09

Does the skin work for Gotham builds as well.

Intend to try it on my Raspberry PI with rbej's Gotham builds

RE: Arctic - el_cabong - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 17:16)osos Wrote: Does the skin work for Gotham builds as well.

Intend to try it on my Raspberry PI with rbej's Gotham builds

the skin will not be fully compatible with gotham until there is a feature freeze for gotham builds

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-10-10

Hi Jurial

Can you instruct me on whereabouts in the video osd file I can edit to revert the default button to pause instead of subtitles please. I never need to activate subtitles so happy to amend it for myself.