Kodi Community Forum
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support (/showthread.php?tid=202302)

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-23

(2014-11-23, 15:28)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: Your redesigned skin looks very nice so far. But i don't like the orange colors of the skin. How can i get the old blue colors?

right-click on main menu. you can change colors there. (will probably get moved to skin settings since it is a global option)

(2014-11-23, 20:45)snyft Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 19:32)bobrap Wrote: Under Programs/skin toolbox/reset skin settings. If you are talking about setting the background to something like random movies/episodes, not working for me either. Just background overlay works for me.

Thanks!
Using "widget fanart" somewhat works, it seems to only show the latest one sadly.

Widget Fanart is probably broken atm, it was there to have the background in sync with the preview widget / classic widget / whatever you call it.

(2014-11-23, 19:32)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 17:18)snyft Wrote: How do i reset my skin settings? I managed to delete movies from homescreen >_<.
Btw is there a way to have visual of video in background when in menus?
Also for some reason the latest movie background on movies or episodes or tv dident work for me yesterday with newest kodi.

Under Programs/skin toolbox/reset skin settings. If you are talking about setting the background to something like random movies/episodes, not working for me either. Just background overlay works for me.

backgrounds still need service.skin.widgets. perhaps that´s the problem?

(2014-11-23, 17:18)snyft Wrote: Btw is there a way to have visual of video in background when in menus?

That option is placed temporarily in furniture settings --> RSS I think. Didnt have the time yet to add a separate furniture item for nowplaying.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - AlexKruidenberg - 2014-11-23

Hello Phill,

Thank you for your answer. Ik found the option and it looks very good. I have a second question: will you add Series Record for PVR in the future? I use Mediaportal as Backend. A lot of skins support this dialog alreally.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-23

(2014-11-23, 22:12)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: Hello Phill,

Thank you for your answer. Ik found the option and it looks very good. I have a second question: will you add Series Record for PVR in the future? I use Mediaportal as Backend. A lot of skins support this dialog alreally.

Which skins do support it?

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - bobrap - 2014-11-24

Thanks, Phil. service.skin.widgets fixed my background problem. Is extra fanart supported? Doesn't seem to be working for me. Hopefully just something else I need to install. Thanks again.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - phil65 - 2014-11-24

(2014-11-24, 02:53)bobrap Wrote: Thanks, Phil. service.skin.widgets fixed my background problem. Is extra fanart supported? Doesn't seem to be working for me. Hopefully just something else I need to install. Thanks again.

you have to start script.toolbox from programs, there you can add extrafanart.

So I need to run that every time I add a new show or movie? Another question...when pulling from git the skin is named Aeon-Nox. Should I rename it to skin.Aeon-Nox?

Just tried adding extrafanart and it's a no go. Are local files used from the extrafanart directory or are they copied to Kodi db (textures13.db)?

(2014-11-24, 03:48)bobrap Wrote: So I need to run that every time I add a new show or movie? Another question...when pulling from git the skin is named Aeon-Nox. Should I rename it to skin.Aeon-Nox?

Just tried adding extrafanart and it's a no go. Are local files used from the extrafanart directory or are they copied to Kodi db (textures13.db)?

best is always to name it like the addon id from addon.xml (skin.aeon.nox still atm)
I just pushed some fixes to script.toolbox, make sure you have the latest version.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Warner306 - 2014-11-24

I tried your redesigned Helix version today and like it quite a bit, but think the "Wall" and "Infowall" views need some work. They are nowhere near as pretty as the redesigned DialogVideoInfo. At least compared to Nox 5 and 4.1.9.

(2014-11-24, 03:51)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 03:48)bobrap Wrote: So I need to run that every time I add a new show or movie? Another question...when pulling from git the skin is named Aeon-Nox. Should I rename it to skin.Aeon-Nox?

best is always to name it like the addon id from addon.xml (skin.aeon.nox still atm)
I just pushed some fixes to script.toolbox, make sure you have the latest version.

Tried again, no joy. Renamed the skin and got the latest script. Just to clarify, I'm talking about extrafanart on a show level.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Edworld - 2014-11-24

(2014-11-23, 07:18)phil65 Wrote: I was just workin on that part so make sure that both scripts are up-to-date. the actor info dialog probably still contains some errors.
this is because I am in the process of getting rid of script.metadata. actors. That script is mainly unmaintained and I do not have to add too much code to extendedinfo script to achieve (almost) the same functionality.

I see you made progress on replacing metadata.actors. I know that if you are watching a tv show you can check an actor and it shows biography and filmography. Is it even possible to show if the actor has been in another tv show?

(2014-11-24, 06:28)Edworld Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 07:18)phil65 Wrote: I was just workin on that part so make sure that both scripts are up-to-date. the actor info dialog probably still contains some errors.
this is because I am in the process of getting rid of script.metadata. actors. That script is mainly unmaintained and I do not have to add too much code to extendedinfo script to achieve (almost) the same functionality.

I see you made progress on replacing metadata.actors. I know that if you are watching a tv show you can check an actor and it shows biography and filmography. Is it even possible to show if the actor has been in another tv show?

yes, will come.

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - AlexKruidenberg - 2014-11-24

(2014-11-23, 22:27)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 22:12)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: Hello Phill,

Which skins do support it?

Aeon nox 5, Aeon MQ5, black glass nova and Titan supports this function.

Thank you

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Maniac - 2014-11-24

Recent LiveTV\PVR updates include:
- LiveTV customisation via sideblade (Allows you to choose what osd-types to use, show hide sideblade options ect)
- 3 Infobar types added (Standard, Nox and Compact)
- 3 Channel views to choose from (List, Big list, Wall) / more to come
- 2 Channel OSD to choose from (Original & Extended)

watch gallery

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - Kokonutcreme - 2014-11-24

Hi Phil

Single logo option has been removed from landscape view in latest release. The option to use alternate floor has also been removed from landscape view using logo and clear art. Will that option for the floor type be available again?

Could you also point me in the right direction to edit landscape xml file, I'd like to remove the flags from the bottom of the screen for logo option.

Thanks

RE: Welcome back - Development updates - vimarbla - 2014-11-24

Hi Phil,

Hope you can help me.
I am configuring the widget 1 or 2 for tv shows, and I if I choose the "recommended episodes" the widget is black. Doesn't mind if it is configured with panel, poster, etc...
However the Last, random, mixed, top rated, trending....etc episodes are working fine and I can see all in the widget.
By the moment I have created a Smart playlist to have the "recommmended" function but I dont like it for some reasons (for example in this list does not appear "season x episode - title" and something more details... I don't want to bore you)
I think I have all the scripts and services correctly installed and updated (checked also in the "help" section of the skin settings).
My installation is Kodi Helix beta4 in Windows 8.1 and I think that all is working fine except this widget issue.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.