Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: 3D Bluray - afedchin - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-16, 17:40)Skank Wrote: As you can see it was top/bottom is this normal on a 2d monitor?
is it usiing correct decoder?
it did play flawless tough
It's normal for 2D display. top/bottom is default for systems which not capable to display stereoscopic 3D. As you can see decoder msdk-mvc works.

(2016-03-16, 17:40)Skank Wrote: then i connected my amd pc to my sony projector which is 3d (sony hw30)
it gave me this:
- as soon as i clicked to start the file, it lgave me a black screen (like it is going to start to play the movie) but it immediately returned to the kodi main screen with the loading cursor and stays that way (freezes)
very strange:
Try with Use fullscreen window enabled. IIRC AMD doesn't support stereoscopic 3D in FSE mode.

(2016-03-16, 18:30)dchabby Wrote: Ok thanks - will there be a software solution added to your build ?
What did you mean? Your GPU have no hardware MVC decoder and driver uses software mode. Your CPU is not powered enough to decode MVC in software mode.

(2016-03-16, 19:56)brazen1 Wrote: I've noticed that if it displays in top and bottom, it's an immediate indicator that 3D is not enabled in your GPU settings.
If it plays in 2D, and the picture looks good, but won't render in 3D, it's because 'Use a fullscreen window' is enabled. It has to unchecked.
You are wrong the Use a fullscreen window setting doesn't affect at 3D mode.

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - dchabby - 2016-03-16

Thanks wesk05 - I currently have 10.18.10.4358 installed and am not having success.

Will keep playing around with it as I know this machine can do 3D as I have tried Powerdvd on it.

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - weirdinin - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-16, 19:08)dchabby Wrote: has anyone had any luck using a processor with HD 4000 graphics ?

if so I would love to know which driver your graphics is using as I cant get the 'hardware decode' option on my laptop with i5-3210M processor.

i3-3225 and driver version 10.18.10.4252. 3D is working great. Although haven't got time to test this thoroughly. I'm still holding my breath and crossing fingers. This far 3d has been absolutely amazing, great quality. I think kodi does it better than powerdvd. If someone had told me that it's possible to watch frame packed 3d from mkv container using kodi, I would've Rofl. Didn't expect to have that feature available any time soon.

One thing though. With most 3d movies, I have to enable "invert 3d stereoscopic (flip eyes)" from video settings. And with some movies I don't. By default the setting is off and that results in unwatchable quality. What's that all about? Or is it my tv (lg 55eg910v) that has some settings wrong?

RE: 3D Bluray - dchabby - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-16, 21:17)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 18:30)dchabby Wrote: Ok thanks - will there be a software solution added to your build ?
What did you mean? Your GPU have no hardware MVC decoder and driver uses software mode. Your CPU is not powered enough to decode MVC in software mode.

ok sorry - I though that choosing 'hardware decode' meant that this was all hardware based and that there was maybe a software solution possible.

I guess not for this processor which is okay, I wasn't really expecting it but would have been great if it happened.

Thanks though for all the work you are putting into this, its much appreciated by everyone !!

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - afedchin - 2016-03-16

I have 10.18.10.4276 driver version on HD4000 and all works as expected.

There is no option 'hardware decode'. There is 'Hardware based' and it means hardware based stereo output not a decode.

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - cncb - 2016-03-16

Maybe you could add to the first post when hardware decoding is possible. It seems like only when using the integrated GPU of a supported Intel CPU and not with a separate video card but it's still not clear (to me).

RE: 3D Bluray - Skank - 2016-03-16

@afedchin
I tried both enabled and disabled use full screen window.
Result was the same, see log above

Why does it work then on a non 3d display but doesnt start on a 3d projector?

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - Karnis - 2016-03-16

I am using a separate Geforce GT 720 video card & I have it working. In fact, since I don't have a 3D receiver, I'm taking the DVI output (w/ HDMI adapter) directly to the TV for 3D video & the HDMI output to my receiver for HD audio. Pretty much just like a twin HDMI output blu ray player.

because driver causes an error when Kodi tries to switch to Hardware based stereo 3D mode and I don't know why it happens on AMD devices.

RE: 3D Bluray - brazen1 - 2016-03-16

Edit. Disregard

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - brazen1 - 2016-03-17

I too am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti working perfectly, software decoding.
The proper CPU's with on die GPU's are hardware decoding.
What that difference is, I don't know as I don't have one.
Maybe someone can tell you what the advantage or disadvantage in the real world actually is as I haven't heard a peep.

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - Jemus - 2016-03-17

Works fine with i7 5500u and the Intel HD Graphics 5500.

I don't have to use PDVD any longer! Thanks!

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - Nelbert - 2016-03-17

(2016-03-16, 22:58)cncb Wrote: Maybe you could add to the first post when hardware decoding is possible. It seems like only when using the integrated GPU of a supported Intel CPU and not with a separate video card but it's still not clear (to me).

Just intel doing hardware decoding at the moment.
If your CPU is powerful enough and, it seems if your gpu is a nvidia and can be switched to frame packed output it works the same. Bear in mind you will likely have high CPU usage which can result in high fan speed resulting in increased noise and power usage.

My plan is to get a Skylake NUC.

RE: FULL 3D MVC SUPPORTED HARDWARE - brazen1 - 2016-03-17

I notice no increased CPU load or fan speed increase.

As for no use for PDVD anymore, keep in mind it is still the only player that supports menus.